What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hombre del Monte's garden.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
what about bangi haze? it is up there with good durban imo.
full
I've never done bangi haze, but probably should.

I'm still hoping to include something of yours this year also. (I've just sent a cousin a message to remind him 😂).

So many choices😂

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
If you are in Alpujarra, I think you don't need to choose, just put them all, and get back to that barbers for more! sorry, i used to live there in a cortijo from 2000 until 2010, guess it's not the same jungle anymore.
Grew there some landrace keralas that a friend brought fresh from Kerala, of course. Alpujarra dwellers are, at least were, very international and dynamic. Sowed them in summer 2005 or so, inside a ruined ancient construction next to a barranco surrounded by brambles and shit, pure guerrilla, and they were still there in January, I remember as much.
Yes I am, and a wonderful part of the world it is!, but where I am a gorilla grow would be difficult. I can squeeze 6 medium sized plants into our small garden unnoticed and this year i'm doing a little experimenting with some pots that I'll flower early.

kaochiu

Veteran
Yes I am, and a wonderful part of the world it is!, but where I am a gorilla grow would be difficult. I can squeeze 6 medium sized plants into our small garden unnoticed and this year i'm doing a little experimenting with some pots that I'll flower early.
Yeah, miss it very often, I lived like a duke there. Six plants a go for home use is about right for me too, in Alpujarra that was considered "garden decoration" for the civil guards, the trouble were the buskimanos roaming the earth with their binoculars. Had my tricks for them too, I did have a perpetual outdoors for self supply and fortunately never had any issues with nobody.
Good luck with those experiments, I'm also flowering outdoors now, one thousand km up north from you. I sowed some Bruce Banners back in early february to get cuts for the season. Then I've just thought that if they'd reveg in late may, those "mothers" could be done by then, so I placed them out, ten days ago. We'll see, just for kicks. So far, they seem alive.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Yeah, miss it very often, I lived like a duke there. Six plants a go for home use is about right for me too, in Alpujarra that was considered "garden decoration" for the civil guards, the trouble were the buskimanos roaming the earth with their binoculars. Had my tricks for them too, I did have a perpetual outdoors for self supply and fortunately never had any issues with nobody.
Good luck with those experiments, I'm also flowering outdoors now, one thousand km up north from you. I sowed some Bruce Banners back in early february to get cuts for the season. Then I've just thought that if they'd reveg in late may, those "mothers" could be done by then, so I placed them out, ten days ago. We'll see, just for kicks. So far, they seem alive.
You relocated because of the climate?

We have hardly any snow at all this year.

Every year it's getting worse.

I remember not so long ago when we had snow on the high peaks 9 or 10 months a year.😢

One of my neighbours is ex guadia and he can see my grow, but is cool, and that's before the year I put out the spreading fire on his land that he'd stupidly set on a windy day. You will know all about fires having lived here. Scary stuff.

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I would jump if Mrs M would ask me to do so :witch:
Mrs DM is an angel and the love of my life. She lets me do anything i want really and treats me like a king. So if she wants mushrooms, or to trim my weed to coffee shop standards whilst I sun bathe, then I'm more than happy to oblige.

There's something special about tripping on your home grown mushrooms; a bit like smoking your own weed. 😍

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Mrs DM is a rock n roller 🤘😈🤘
She sure is!

She's not far off 70, looks 50 and still likes to party (occasionally). Her dancing not a wild as it was during our crazy years, but she's still there at 3 or 4am.

I'm still pretty crazy when I comes to dancing and still one of the last to stop at parties. I do love my psychedelics!, (occasionally😂).

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Aúpa primico.... If you want banghi hz old ladies, give it a touch jjjjj... I want to see those durbans, I'm looking forward to them, next year maybe.

This year I'm going for the Mexican ones.

A hug
Thank you cousin.

Ok, you persuade me. Durban it is! I only have 2 seeds but they look really good and have been kept in a fridge, so hopefully I'll have a least one girl. 🤞

I'm was thinking of Oaxaca 79 x Oaxaca as one of my choices this year.

Green Haze A19 again. It's so good!

How are you finding the destroyer? Have you started on her yet?

I like mine very much; quite Thai like in effect. The smell is pure mango. She's strong and long lasting and already is quite a favourite with us both. A really nice day time smoke/chew.
Not as strong as the destroyer 23 x Deep chunk x Tom Hill haze, that has much more incense taste and still has a cats piss smell. I found a small jar the other day that I didn't cob and rolled a spliff, sweet incense and car piss. The cobbing process really improves the taste.

I'm looking forward to watching your garden again this year.

Un gran abrazo para ti tambien primo

Last edited:

el mani

Veteran
My Destroyers are vacuum packed and in the refrigerator. Except for two jars, very delicious, as you say, mine are mango and orange, spicy although a little stubborn at the end. I hope they last a few years....

D#23x dc/thh shows the touch of Deep chunk in that sweet incense that you mention.

I'd love some of that aniseed durban, morning espresso.

I think your Oaxacas were f3, if so they were the latest ones, some were going to Christmas. Although they are very complex and rich.

Here I plan to put Oaxaca79 A5, Super Panamá hz (and CBD #1 for the boss), some maha mextasy for sure and a couple of
grandfunk or blue sting for a good girl, although I don't expect to put them up until the end of April or May... I don't want the plants to be seen from the alpujarras.
I still have many nights searching in the seed box ....

kaochiu

Veteran
I’ve relocated for family matters, we northeners never outgrow clan membership. Now I'd be having a hard time there in summer, or would have moved up east of Capilerilla at 1800m, notably fresher in the mornings, had a friend from Granada town with a cortijo there and he's happy if I go and stay for as long as I want.
Lived through a couple of bad ones, another massive fire and a crazy flood, both officially declared “catastrophic area“. Alpujarra is treacherous soil, but it adds spice. Where I live now is the same risk, only more often. Plenty trees, plenty fires, plenty water, plenty floods. Wolves and bears and zealous civil guards happy to catch a single plant. But very beautiful and scenic too.
Got a pack of those greenhaze19 seeds in the fridge and you've got me tempted for outdoors this season, bit worried if they go longer than the ka5hz, that goes already too long for this clima. But, between those two classy ladies, which one would you invite to the romería? I'll end up growing both, can't help it.

You relocated because of the climate?

We have hardly any snow at all this year.

Every year it's getting worse.

I remember not so long ago when we had snow on the high peaks 9 or 10 months a year.😢

One of my neighbours is ex guadia and he can see my grow, but is cool, and that's before the year I put out the spreading fire on his land that he'd stupidly set on a windy day. You will know all about fires having lived here. Scary stuff.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I’ve relocated for family matters, we northeners never outgrow clan membership. Now I'd be having a hard time there in summer, or would have moved up east of Capilerilla at 1800m, notably fresher in the mornings, had a friend from Granada town with a cortijo there and he's happy if I go and stay for as long as I want.
Lived through a couple of bad ones, another massive fire and a crazy flood, both officially declared “catastrophic area“. Alpujarra is treacherous soil, but it adds spice. Where I live now is the same risk, only more often. Plenty trees, plenty fires, plenty water, plenty floods. Wolves and bears and zealous civil guards happy to catch a single plant. But very beautiful and scenic too.
Got a pack of those greenhaze19 seeds in the fridge and you've got me tempted for outdoors this season, bit worried if they go longer than the ka5hz, that goes already too long for this clima. But, between those two classy ladies, which one would you invite to the romería? I'll end up growing both, can't help it.
Wow!

You have a pretty good idea of where we live.😍 and I am pretty sure I know the flood your referring to.

You would probably know some of the old Dragon crowd too? Big party last weekend as an old timer got married.

For me, it has to be the green haze 19 a5. I've only tried one pheno of it, but brother Montuno had exactly the same result with his one seed also.

I've tried 2 phenos of the killer A5. strong but got as energetic. I'd grow her again, but I have others that of sooner try. Green haze 19 a5 though for sure.

Grow both! 🙂

Last edited:

CaptainLucky

Good afternoon to you all!

It's almost that time of year again! and here at the Del Monte household we are preparing for the forthcoming growing season. (Well actually it's already started with a few Indicas that will be grown in pots and forced flowered early summer).

I've been digging over my outdoor sites, having amended them at the end of last year with horse shit, worm castings, French meadow hay, wood ash and sand.
The soil is so alive and smells delicious.😍

For the last few months I've been deliberating what to grow and had got it down to 6 or 7 to choose from.

This morning I went into the village to have my hair cut and after the barber had finished, we were sitting in his kitchen drinking coffee and chatting, when he opened his fridge and pulled out a large seed stash that he'd been given and told me to help myself.
I was very restrained, but still find myself with Durban, Kerala, Mekong Cambodia, AK47 and a shed load of Tora Bora. There were many many more that I could have chosen.
Any of my Spanish cousins want any Tora Bora send me a pm.

All my plans are in disarray and I'll have to spend the next few weeks deciding what to grow. 🤔
Sounds like a great selection my friend and I look forward to seeing it. Feliz crecimiento mi hermano CL🍀

CaptainLucky

IMG_4107.jpeg
IMG_4108.jpeg
IMG_4097.jpeg
IMG_4108.jpeg
IMG_4097.jpeg
IMG_4107.jpeg
Mrs DM is an angel and the love of my life. She lets me do anything i want really and treats me like a king. So if she wants mushrooms, or to trim my weed to coffee shop standards whilst I sun bathe, then I'm more than happy to oblige.

There's something special about tripping on your home grown mushrooms; a bit like smoking your own weed. 😍
I love ❤️ tripping on my own mushies. CL🍀