What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hombre del Monte's garden.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I've not been on here much recently. I've been quite busy over on a UK forum. A few months back I answered someone's post about what to do with too much bud and suggested that they try cobbing it. No one knew what I was talking about, but now a few months down the line there's quite a few of them with cobs aging and more getting ready to make their first cobs. I've been doing my best to advise them but also trying to send them over here to the cob master himself, our esteemed brother @Tangwena Sensei and to encourage them to get some Ace gear on the go!.

I thought it was about time that I showed you what I've got going on this year.

It wouldn't be summer without Golden Tiger. This is the fem version again and has been in the ground just over a week. Already it has been pulled right over and Fim'd. The side branches have been staked where I want them. This year I have to be really careful not to over feed it and dely flowering like I did last year.
S6000361.JPG
S6000362.JPG
S6000363.JPG

The white speckles that you may notice on the leaves is a little diatomaceous earth that I've sprinkled about this morning to try and prevent any nasties getting on my girls.
Seems happy enough.

For the last 2 years I've grown Super Malawi Haze (and Loved it!), but I thought I do Malawi this year as I do love the extreme power that it has. I was already to soak the beans when I recieved a gift of some Mulanje X Malawi/Ethiopian beans and having read of Tangwena's exploits with it cobbed, I decided that I would be mad not to try it as my "Malawi" this year.

Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian
S6000364.JPG
S6000365.JPG

It's been i the ground just over a week but got super cropped (accidentally) 3 days ago and has recovered fine.
I was moving 6 10ltr clay pots at once; There was a wasp nest inside the pots. I got stung, dropped the pots and the pots rolled over the plant! Saved me some work! The white specks are DE again.

Zacateca Tribute.
S6000356.JPG
S6000357.JPG
S6000358.JPG

I'm very excited by this. I never got to smoke any Mexican weed as a young man. I've had some issues with very large ants, hence the DE.

Next up is Tom Hill Haze X Zamal, or at least that is what I'm told it is. I can't find any reference to it on the internet, only Zamal x Tom Hill Haze. I'm wondering if the gentleman who donated the beans made a mistake: I must send him a PM. In some ways I'm hoping it is the later. I grew Zamal x Skunk Special years ago and really liked it despite the fact that it stretched for ever and wouldn't finish. I Did Zamaldelicia last year and was a little disappointed (though I believe that was my bad growing rather than the genetics; It was cut a little early as I was out of weed!). I'll do Zamaldelicia again another year.
S6000366.JPG
S6000367.JPG

Fim'd and pulled over. Looking great!

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Last of the girls is the OHaze as reproduced by star crash a while back. I had 4 to choose from and eventually went with #4
S6000338.JPG

These took for ever to show their sex!.

And here she is in her new home.
S6000345.JPG

I love the languid 11 fingered leaves.

And here she is again after I've seriously assaulted her.
S6000369.JPG
S6000370.JPG
S6000371.JPG

On the last shot you can easily see the wire hoops that I use to keep her close to the ground.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Merhaba bu bahçeye bir göz atmalısınız yorumlarınız benim için çok değerli. :)
Wow, they have some very nice garden furniture!. Unfortunately Mrs DM and myself manage on very little money at all, so fancy garden furniture is out of the question.
We have some cheap plastic chairs and a couple of old tables, but we have views that people would die for.
S6000262.JPG
IMAG0904.jpg

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Last of the girls is the OHaze as reproduced by star crash a while back. I had 4 to choose from and eventually went with #4
View attachment 18722759
These took for ever to show their sex!.

And here she is in her new home.
View attachment 18722760
I love the languid 11 fingered leaves.

And here she is again after I've seriously assaulted her.
View attachment 18722761 View attachment 18722762 View attachment 18722763
On the last shot you can easily see the wire hoops that I use to keep her close to the ground.
That is how I did the tall girl in my tent. Just pulled her over with a net and used the net to train the bottom branches to point upward.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Poor but sexy! :biggrin:

Looks like you have your little paradise there. 🌴🌺🌞
And we have awesome Neighbours! There's an old lady down the road that loves cooking and baking and she's always popping in with some sort of homemade delicacy. Most of the stuff she cooks with has been grown by her husband and is organic. Homemade goats milk vanilla ice cream; Homemade pasta's; cheese scones, fruit cake, bread, lemonade, eggs, saves us a fortune!
We even get vegetables given to us by our Spanish neighbours and that's pretty rare, but for some reason they have really accepted us.

Yes, we count our blessing to be here.

Tangwena

Veteran
you are trying some Malawi hybrids from cob master Tangwena.
Hi Dubi its thanks to your endless generosity that I have some Malawi Ethiopian seeds. I still have the fruity Malawi x Ethiopian to try!
The Malawi Ethiopian is my favorite high but crossed to the Mulanje its just mind numbingly good.
One pheno more to the Ethiopian side crossed to Mulanje actually makes my face numb as it comes on!
Its overpowering in its intensity and has 4 levels of effects that happen on the hour as the high progresses ha ha.
Its easily far and away the best euphoric high I have had the pleasure of experiencing.