What's new

Holy grail Mr Nice.

Crazy Chester

...the excuse is always the same: no breeder shows you his parental plants, and bla bla bla...

I hear you - the translation from BS to the truth being: no breeder who wants to pretend a later seed issue is the same as an earlier one will show you the parents of the later seed issue - especially if there are pics out there of the parents used to make the earlier issue. Let's face it - if it does not have identical DNA - it is not the same. That said, I suppose it's possible to get really close - in which case, a breeder could just explain the true origin of their parent plants and feel good about getting so close to something that most people probably haven't even been fortunate enough to try anyway. Those lucky enough to have the clones of certain parents would then be in the position to verify it as a high quality product that comes close to the quality of the parent(s).

Last edited:

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I totally agree with your view @Crazy Chester
Besides this I can only say Shanti always treated me with upmost kindness & we respect each other for our common passion & dedication to our beloved plants as caretakers and preservers.
We all have our different ways about it but in the end all bullshit gets pierced by the greatness of the marvellous Haze/NLD dom gene pool which we all protect by loving them.
In the end the plants reveal all that matters cultivated to reach their highest potential.
So let’s try give way to the people growing shanti’s work and let us all enjoy the fruits of their labour or love.

gypsyeyes

shantitributetonevil.jpg

LostTribe

Premium user
There was lots of old bags of seed that Nevil gave to shanti i keep telling you Guys Nevil gave shanti all his work like all the HzA hybrids pure Haze seed and much more every ones just fixated on the Clones but the clones were selected from set seeds.
So much for the old concrete from clone argument.

gypsyeyes

Shantibaba said:
"Dr Kevorkian...a strain that was in between SSH and NH genetically."
"Doc Kevorkian was basically a particular NL5 x Haze one of the original sisters in the hood, there was also the NL5xHaze/Mist which was not really mist at all, just a ploy for the HTCC from the bobblehead for some reason or other? Anyhow there were alot of other things like Heavy Duty Fruity Nug, Richard Davis, Alaskan Thunder Fu-k, and the list goes on KGB, as the memories come back I will write. I have all of these things in seed stock from the early 90s and before.Maybe one day I will get around to putting them back into stock for those who are interested."

Himalayan Gold, HP, Gravity, the list goes on...

William76

Shantibaba said:

"Dr Kevorkian...a strain that was in between SSH and NH genetically."

"Doc Kevorkian was basically a particular NL5 x Haze one of the original sisters in the hood, there was also the NL5xHaze/Mist which was not really mist at all, just a ploy for the HTCC from the bobblehead for some reason or other? Anyhow there were alot of other things like Heavy Duty Fruity Nug, Richard Davis, Alaskan Thunder Fu-k, and the list goes on KGB, as the memories come back I will write. I have all of these things in seed stock from the early 90s and before.Maybe one day I will get around to putting them back into stock for those who are interested."

Himalayan Gold, HP, Gravity, the list goes on...

Any1 hav any more info on the haze mist?,anything at all,76

Raho

Veteran
Geez. All these people speaking for Shanti.

Imagine how great it could be if Shanti logged in here again to discuss some of this stuff?
1676738290211.png

It's been 8 years . . .
I know Shanti will say that he doesn't just post on MrNice, that he also posts on InstaGram.
I appreciate how great InstaGram can be as a tool for people selling something to "PUSH" information out to potential customers. The ability to control what replies can be seen in your posts, and other things about the environment must be a dream.
But Insta cannot come close to forums like ICmag as a medium to having in depth conversation open to all and having it archived to be searchable and accessible.
There can be a non-commercial wildness to it when fair rules are enforced consistently, where the creator has almost no control over what others post in his thread, and those comments from others could potentially be there forever.
This means that your one chance (as that hypothetical "vendor" from InstaGram trying to sell something on a forum) to correct the record or respond to allegations is to do it IN-LINE, as it occurs. This creates a sense of urgency with the Vendor (as people will be seeing his response forever.)
That of course doesn't apply if the vendor is posting in a forum that they actually control ;-)

Anyway . . . If Shantibaba would come back to ICmag for a visit to answer questions and discuss product lines, pedigrees and strategy of MNS in the future, that would be just wonderful.

Despite those who would make it sound like you can't question Shanti without being a "hater", many of the people asking hard questions about MNS pedigrees are in fact strong supporters of the brand and wish nothing but the best for Shanti.

Same goes for Nevil (RIP) . . . gratitude, respect, and sadness at his passing.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
too many fan boy haters over here who got the boot from mns, I imagine shanti doesn't miss 'em as the various issues complicate the whole concept of 'discussion'!

goingrey

@William76 NL5 Haze Mist is from Greenhouse. "The bobblehead" Shanti is referring to is Arjan (he sold a bobblehead toy of himself at some point). They say it's NL5 Haze x Kali Mist. "Not Mist at all but a ploy for the HTCC" uhm ok that I guess is referring to how it got 1st place in the hydro category at the 1996 cup.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
However you can't compare cannabis to wine, in the world of wine many "breeders" would be kicked out of the picture if they had to do what they do with cannabis...
@Raho He doesn't answer questions on his forum, do you really think he does here? :)
I repeat what I said before, the only way to find out the truth is to buy those seeds and show the plants....

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Besides this I can only say Shanti always treated me with upmost kindness & we respect each other for our common passion & dedication to our beloved plants as caretakers and preservers.
I always appreciate your way of bringing serenity and peace to every discussion, respect, I should take an example; yes, the few times I've talked to him he's always been courteous in his answers (understandable, no)
To be honest, I must also point out that the seeds are always ripe and have a germination ratio of 100%, and it is not always obvious as a thing ....

The Zientist

Veteran
Finding great plants in Shanti's Grail wouldn't be surprising. Would it be nice for once to see more of actual first hand experience with his most recent release? Yes.

I still find the Grail name choice questionable, being around while Nevil's Grail thread was still active. Though my opinion is irrelevant.

Shanti is the gatekeeper of Nevil's early legacy. Like it or not, that's how it went, and he's still accessible to answer quotes in other channels.
Currently, he's the 'Sphinx's' that guards the treasure that's Nevil's work, as someone recently pointed out quite brightly.
You can only have a glimpse of the truth by decoding one of his riddled answers. Exactly why he decided to have it that way, well only he knows. It's a trait of character, I suppose.

Having grown multiple MNS lines, yes I reckon, there are plenty of nice plants still to be found. (La Niña, Neville's Skunk, Afghan Haze, Critical Mass, among others I've tried myself). Each full pack yielded me at least a plant I'm still fond of after many years have passed.

From my personal experience, the mean average of what I've had was pretty lackluster, while I was able to find a few good plants and one or two that were stellar, still to this day. Keep in mind that I had to sift through whole packs of 17+ seeds on each.

In sum, there's no way of actually knowing with precision exactly the selections and mating systems Shanti applies.

Shanti has made his own work and selections of Nevil's genetics quite accessible to everyone, figures that one shouldn't just sit and armchair wrestle others trying to figure out if they're worthy or not.

Try growing them yourself, if you can overlook the cloudy lineage and uncertainty, I would suggest. ✌️

Last edited:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Currently, he's the 'Sphinx's' that guards the treasure that's Nevil's work, as someone recently pointed out quite brightly.
You can only have a glimpse of the truth by decoding one of his riddled answers. Exactly why he decided to have it that way, well only he knows. It's a trait of character, I suppose...........

✌️
A lot of chefs have the same characteristic, their secret ingredient recipe will go to the grave with them or they will try to throw you off of the trail if you get too close.

............... something about proprietary info. and competition, like Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe.

Maybe it's as simple as that.

TheDarkStorm

The AC comes from nevils original seed....nevil made the original in the late 80s and is the seed shanti baba worked and used....shanti reworked its to make something he felt represented both sides of hazeA and hazeC equally

With regards to hazeC ....an talk of it being used as a actual parent for specific seed...most people dont have a clue what the actual hazeC traits were like as a direct parent or a generation removed....same goes for hazeA.....I remember a time before nevil showed up on the forums...were those who had experienced some of the available hazes pre mr nice like nl#5haze and ssh thought they had been made with hazeA in comparison to what was then being put out by mr nice with descriptions of hazeC being directly used as a parent to the seed then being sold...
Anyway the new batches of mr nice nh and even better ssh look great....they look more like the old school types than they have in a long time if anyone wants to check them out..

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

The alphabet soup on her HolyHann - ((NL5HzC x Haze AC) x Haze C) x (nevilles haze caramel pheno Nl5/HazeA x HazeC x black vietnamese)

Holy hann is actually.....the lui hann which is naam black x a f2 plant from the 97nh........then a lui han male has been picked and put to a female from what shanti now calls his holy grail, which is 97nh x hazeC...same plant wich mothered the holy grail seed version.....and to finish holy hann off the a/c male got added......so the pedigree is.....
97nh/hazeC/(f2)97nh/naam black X a/c
But to be honest I dont see much a/c in it