What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Holy grail Mr Nice.

funkyhorse

Hola Super Haze
These are the words of Sara, Shantibaba's daughter
According to her words, I find it hard to believe the parental stock is what is described. This doesnt mean the strain isnt top notch and worth the money. I didnt try it nor grow the strain. It simply means that when you are looking at facts, the strain description is far from reliable and credible

My belief is the Haze C male has deceased

I wanted to hear what Hempy had to say on NH

I am sure now that the line's I will be looking through in the hopefully near future will be:

NH 21 X MM and
MM X Thai 78

I'm also waiting for Pre 98 Bubba x X-18 Paki by VG to hopefully be made available to the public as well and I will definitely snap up a few more of his goodies for sure

Namaste

TheDarkStorm

Hola Super Haze
These are the words of Sara, Shantibaba's daughter
According to her words, I find it hard to believe the parental stock is what is described. This doesnt mean the strain isnt top notch and worth the money. I didnt try it nor grow the strain. It simply means that when you are looking at facts, the strain description is far from reliable and credible

I dont think those are sara's words funkyhorse...not at all...you are mistken...or has some told you that was saras account ?

funkyhorse

I dont think those are sara's words funkyhorse...not at all...you are mistken...or has some told you that was saras account ?

Sara is shantis daughter i just ran a search online found nothing and only this message was posted at Mr Nice.

I hope his okay what ever is going on it is with in the EU i believe.

It was posted here at Mr Nice https://mrnice.nl/forum/threads/important-update.17477/

This post is my answer to Sara/Ganja 13 in the NH21xMM thread, I was answering her knowing she is the daughter of the seedbank owner. I have no probs with anyone, I just like truth, she is nice, I liked she answered truth

Hi there
I understand you post this question because you want some feedback, I would think you have much better chances to know the real answers than any of us and you should be in a much better position to tell us the real truth. I am a fan of truth
I bought in 2019 your MSN NH through a retailer of your ex spanish distributor, La Mota RIP, after I read erased nevil threads at Mr Nice forum and saw the pictures Leet posted expecting to find similar plants to his grow.

I sprouted my first ever seed in 2018 so I didnt know much about the histories and fables being told, who against who, for how much and why, is not something of my concern. I just was expecting to find same plants and same high described in the old posts
NH was the second strain I grew from your seedbank. I tried La Niña expecting to find a sativa Mullum and I got an indica plant with an average high, so I was dissapointed

CaptainDankness

I cut and pasted Sara's words to inform the community.

No I am not Sara

But I did see Shantibaba on Monday

Namaste

I take it the one about Haze C, was not her words right?

Thankfully she doesn't have a lot of posts, but I didn't see anything about Haze C that she posted.

So it's obviously the Haze C, at least what he's been calling Haze C for about 20 years now. Which to me just means it's going to take entirely way too long to flower. :biggrin: The smoke will be good, but I honestly prefer Indicas and hybrids without too much sativa. I like them big, fast and dank, but I can smoke couch lock indica and out work almost anyone.

Ganja 13

I take it the one about Haze C, was not her words right?

Thankfully she doesn't have a lot of posts, but I didn't see anything about Haze C that she posted.

So it's obviously the Haze C, at least what he's been calling Haze C for about 20 years now. Which to me just means it's going to take entirely way too long to flower. :biggrin: The smoke will be good, but I honestly prefer Indicas and hybrids without too much sativa. I like them big, fast and dank, but I can smoke couch lock indica and out work almost anyone.

Not Sara's words just strong intuition

It's near on 40 years since Nevil germinated the seed and named him

CaptainDankness

Not Sara's words just strong intuition

It's near on 40 years since Nevil germinated the seed and named him

Which I believe Nevil lost the originals, cause I'm pretty sure Shantibaba said Nevil only provided seeds.

But 40 years is possible, that original A5 Haze is still alive, a bunch of people are using her now. Of course that could be a lie too cause I don't think anyone can remember a plant perfectly 40 years later.

CaptainDankness

Hi.

Has anyone tried holy grail from mr nice? 115 euros 18 seeds.

Neville's Haze x Haze AC) x Haze C.

Definitely one thing that bugs me about the name Holy Grail on this strain, is he didn't really work it forward, just back crossed a good Neville's Haze to his Haze AC in all of his Rock n Roll lines, picked a nice female and backcrossed to his Ancient Haze C male. I honestly don't see how it's going to be any better than the Haze strains already available, it's all the same genetics he's used since the beginning, not bred forward just back crossed.

And a little fucked to put the name of Nevil's project on it, at least Franco's family is being taken care of with the proceeds of that Franco's Lemon Cheese, makes me want to buy my first pack ever from Greenhouse. Lol

Peacefrog

Veteran
I popped 5 of the MNS Holy Grail last fall. I got 2 females, 1 male, one that sprouted as a helmet head and went limp from my attempts to rescue it, and one that didn't germ in the time I was willing to give it.

I flowered 2 clones each of the females. One of them went about 12 weeks with golf ballish buds and had a pleasant fruity smell to it. Unfortunately it also had a few seeds show up in the buds even though I never saw bananas. I found seeds in both clones and other plants right next to them in the tent were fine so I gave up on that mother. The harvest has been curing about a month and still needs some time but early tests have been a happy but not overwhelming high.

The other female went about 14 weeks and revealed no surprise seeds in the trim. The bud style is more spearish with some foxtailing and decent frost. Aroma is earthy, kinda sulfurish skunk, similar to some OG crosses I've grown. It is a very similar smell to the Karma BA75 that I grew along with it. It is also very early in the cure but it is a nice smoke with a little more punch than her sister. I don't think it's going to be my personal Grail but I'm holding on to a mother for the time being until I can let it cure some more and give it a better evaluation. I have another clone currently in flower. If I get a wild hair I'll snap a picture and post it up.

I collected some pollen off the male and knocked up a few girls I had going - Punto Rojo, A5 S1, BA75, Australian Dead Head, and the two Holy Grail females. That was my first deliberate "breeding" project and it was kind of fun. It worked just like it's supposed to and I have some interesting new crosses to try some day. The main purpose was to see if I could reduce the flowering time of that Punto Rojo. I flowered some clones of that bitch for 26+ weeks and swore that I would never take a plant that long again. But I just can't quit her. So I hit a few branches with a load of Holy Grail pollen and have more seeds than I know what to do with.

Based on the description, I was expecting stretchy long flowering sativas from this strain but all 3 plants showed more of a hybrid compact style. The flowering time was a little longer than most but 100 days is nothing to me. I probably won't pop more seeds of this strain anytime soon but I am anxious to try out some of the crosses I made.

Regarding the MNS parental stock, there have been some posts from Shanti over the years that led me to believe that he was admitting in a very roundabout and vague way that some parents had been lost and replaced from seed stock. I'm not going to go back and find the posts but reading between the lines I got the distinct impression that he was pushing the theory that the parental plants would reappear in identical form in the seed offspring and it just took a special eye to recognize these plants. I remember thinking at the time that he was really trying not to lie about what really happened but trying to justify it in case he ever got caught.

I'm a lifelong stoner with the shaky memory that accompanies such a title but some things I don't forget when they make a strong impression. I'm still a sucker for Haze genetics hence my continued purchases of MNS genetics but I maintain a healthy skepticism towards anyone making money off the cannabis biz. It's all part of the search man.

Airloom

Veteran
I popped 5 of the MNS Holy Grail last fall. I got 2 females, 1 male, one that sprouted as a helmet head and went limp from my attempts to rescue it, and one that didn't germ in the time I was willing to give it.

I flowered 2 clones each of the females. One of them went about 12 weeks with golf ballish buds and had a pleasant fruity smell to it. Unfortunately it also had a few seeds show up in the buds even though I never saw bananas. I found seeds in both clones and other plants right next to them in the tent were fine so I gave up on that mother. The harvest has been curing about a month and still needs some time but early tests have been a happy but not overwhelming high.

The other female went about 14 weeks and revealed no surprise seeds in the trim. The bud style is more spearish with some foxtailing and decent frost. Aroma is earthy, kinda sulfurish skunk, similar to some OG crosses I've grown. It is a very similar smell to the Karma BA75 that I grew along with it. It is also very early in the cure but it is a nice smoke with a little more punch than her sister. I don't think it's going to be my personal Grail but I'm holding on to a mother for the time being until I can let it cure some more and give it a better evaluation. I have another clone currently in flower. If I get a wild hair I'll snap a picture and post it up.

I collected some pollen off the male and knocked up a few girls I had going - Punto Rojo, A5 S1, BA75, Australian Dead Head, and the two Holy Grail females. That was my first deliberate "breeding" project and it was kind of fun. It worked just like it's supposed to and I have some interesting new crosses to try some day. The main purpose was to see if I could reduce the flowering time of that Punto Rojo. I flowered some clones of that bitch for 26+ weeks and swore that I would never take a plant that long again. But I just can't quit her. So I hit a few branches with a load of Holy Grail pollen and have more seeds than I know what to do with.

Based on the description, I was expecting stretchy long flowering sativas from this strain but all 3 plants showed more of a hybrid compact style. The flowering time was a little longer than most but 100 days is nothing to me. I probably won't pop more seeds of this strain anytime soon but I am anxious to try out some of the crosses I made.

Regarding the MNS parental stock, there have been some posts from Shanti over the years that led me to believe that he was admitting in a very roundabout and vague way that some parents had been lost and replaced from seed stock. I'm not going to go back and find the posts but reading between the lines I got the distinct impression that he was pushing the theory that the parental plants would reappear in identical form in the seed offspring and it just took a special eye to recognize these plants. I remember thinking at the time that he was really trying not to lie about what really happened but trying to justify it in case he ever got caught.

I'm a lifelong stoner with the shaky memory that accompanies such a title but some things I don't forget when they make a strong impression. I'm still a sucker for Haze genetics hence my continued purchases of MNS genetics but I maintain a healthy skepticism towards anyone making money off the cannabis biz. It's all part of the search man.
Old post but so lucid and insightful I had to reply.

Your summary of Shanti’s statements regarding certain genetics is in line with what I would say if I had that gift of lucidity. I’ve saved this post for the times I get discouraged on my search.
TY

It's all part of the search man.

OldCoolSativa

I got one of the first packs of Holy Grail in 2020 and was frankly disappointed. The claimed lineage of Holy Grail is a selected Nevil'e Haze to an A5 selection Shanti made from 1980s seed stock, then to the Haze C male, or:

((Nl5 x HzA) x HzC) x ((Nl5 x HzA2) x (Sk x HzC)) x HzC

First thing I noticed was the seeds didn't appear to be sufficiently ripened. Here's what they looked like compared to seeds I made:

Holy Grail seeds.jpg

I popped 5 seeds; two didn't germinate and I mistakenly guillotined another, so ended up with only two plants. Both very weak and scrawny seedlings, that remained very floppy plants. I flowered them indoors for 24 days after which I took this picture of the two males. Holy pheno spread batman! I culled the fat leaved male and left the other one outside as we approached the autumn equinox.

Holy Grail F21 a.jpg

Here he is a couple weeks later, right at the equinox.
HG male sep 19.jpg

He threw a few female flowers when stressed with the light cycle change, the main stem was extremely floppy, and he was a PM magnet, while my other outdoor plants were largely free of PM. Considering how floppy he was in veg, intersex traits, and PM susceptibility, I decided that he was not suitable breeding stock. Furthermore, to be really picky, I didn't like the rounded apexes of his flower colas. Looks like skunk influence from the Haze AC. He was culled.

My experience with Holy Grail led me to conclude that its claimed lineage is an outright lie. I've seen a pic of Shanti's NH x AC selected mother of Holy Grail, and it's extremely sativa leaning. There's no way that plant, mated to pure Haze C, would throw offspring that looked like Indica-heavy hybrids. In my opinion, Haze C has been dead since at least 2010, when Shanti first started releasing Haze AC testers. Based on my experience growing the Doors and U2, I'm not terribly impressed with the AC male. I never found anything that took longer than 12-13 weeks and the buds all have that rounded or golf-ball skunky look, compared to the pointly spear-shaped colas a haze-dominant plant throws.

To their credit, MNS did send me a couple more packs of HG and I will try it again some day.

gypsyeyes

Oh yes, there are sativas in the bunch. Popping 5 seeds- 2 plants will not give you a representation of anything. In fact, all of the plants grown had incredible vigor and extremely strong stems as you can see, and yields were large for this caliber of sativa. The ones who struggle with their grows seem to always blame the breeder lol. Lots of good seeds out there but after 40+ yrs. of growing, Mr. Nice is still on top in my book.
Someone complaining about what? "...compared to the pointly spear-shaped colas a haze-dominant plant throws." I suggest you grow a whole pack (18 seeds) and then come back with a more complete and honest appraisal.
hg bud 3_2.jpg
hg#3 c 3_1.jpg
hg_bud_b 4_3 - Copy.jpg
hg5 3_19.jpg
hg7 3_19.jpg
hg9 3_19.jpg
hg10 3_19.jpg
hga 7_2_21 - Copy.jpg
hga 7_18.jpg
hgc 7_18.jpg

gypsyeyes

What I liked about the Holy Grail in addition to the potency and yield was the fact that Shanti clearly worked it to provide a stable product. So far, I’ve grown 2 crops of this strong cultivar without any intersex problems. Just make sure you have the room because she is a monster lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts