What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Holy grail Mr Nice.

JKD

Veteran
Help me out here guys, I’m used to the spelling lieu hanh, named after a vietnamese goddess. VB/NH. That’s what I remember from Spice Bros. offering. Bros Grimm also had an offering lieu hanh/C99. And used to seeing Holy Hanh in simple form as NH/AC x VB/NH
Lieu Hanh with Fets description:

“Hundreds of Neville’s haze f2s were grown out in an effort to show recessive parental traits. After careful selection and tasting we decided on very sativa dominate side of Neville’s haze that had a flowering time just short of 15 weeks and had the trippiest profound smoke quality with no paranoia or couch lock. Easy let down and no hang over”.

“An extremely early flowering Vietnamese male carrying an almost pure single cola shape growth was put over our specially selected Nevil’s Haze girl.The Viet male was so early that our girl was not prepared/advanced enough in flowering to take a dusting so pollen was collected and stored until she was ready”.

“The results have produced a sweet a piny/pepper-fruity aroma and when cured correctly brings out a lovely cameral hash-like taste when smoked. Not all offspring will bring this intense thick taste but they all carry slight undertones and very enjoyable”.

Raho

Veteran
You all are listing the pedigree for Shanti's Grail incorrectly.
His original description said his grail was made with Haze C pollen as the final step.

Shanti's description:
Holy Grail came about from Nevil Haze bred to Haze AC , then we selected an excellent female NHxAC and bred it to Haze C male...so doubled up on the C...and after testing those beans over 2 long crops indoors it seems quite a special combination. Fore sure it is not for everyone, but those who love the challenge and pot of gold at the end of a rainbow may well find this exciting work. Little tip on this strain from my limited crops...go directly into 12 / 12 from beginning of germination...if you go limited space indoors.

Haze AC pedigree:
(NL5xHzA) x (SkunkxHzC)

Shanti's Holy Grail Pedigree:
(Nevs Haze x Haze AC) x Haze C
[ ((NLxHzA) x HzC) x ((NL5xHzA) x (SkunkxHzC)) ] x HzC

I can see why people would quietly re-write that history since more people are skeptical that Haze C is alive these days.

gypsyeyes

Here is some Holy Hanh
hanh #1 1_30.jpg

and with a bit more Haze AC expression.
hanh #2 1_30.jpg

TheDarkStorm

You all are listing the pedigree for Shanti's Grail incorrectly.
His original description said his grail was made with Haze C pollen as the final step.

Shanti's description:

Haze AC pedigree:
(NL5xHzA) x (SkunkxHzC)

Shanti's Holy Grail Pedigree:
(Nevs Haze x Haze AC) x Haze C
[ ((NLxHzA) x HzC) x ((NL5xHzA) x (SkunkxHzC)) ] x HzC

I can see why people would quietly re-write that history since more people are skeptical that Haze C is alive these days.
I say what I do cuz I seen first hand what hazeC as a direct parent does and the traits that side of it tends to show. Ive seen how the plants start behaving indoors and on how quite a few phenotypes in flower how the top one third of the plants would continue to grow shoots out and flower almost indefinitely. You would have to judge the plants by picking them when a large majority of the bud was ripe as waiting for all of them to ripen wouldn't really happen. It was a bit more easier if their were more indica leaning phenotypes, or trying to use other tricks.....
What makes lui hann holy hann.....its the mother plant used.....what makes the holy grail seed version holy....same...the same mother plant used....ive seen that plant and im sure 97nevils haze x a/c cant be seen as a improvement on nh and for someone take on the name grail/holygrail...but im sure if 97nevils haze x hazeC was done some may think its a improvement and a even more haze version of nh....the mother plant used to make holy hann and holy grail is defo not nh x ac....but it is a even more sativa looking nh type plant.....that line is what shanti now calls his holy grail....and im pretty sure that its 97nh x hazeC....when the father is added to make the holy grail seed version to that plant in the results the leaves take on a wider look and the internodes shorten aswell as buds getting rounder, stockier and thicker.....if it was hazeC as the actual father to those seeds those additionl traits would not be possible, instead hazeC should pass on traits that are more sativa as it had always done but thats not the case....

Oh and just to add....its probably best to just be upfront cus someone who is being a little bit dishonest will always slip up......an ding..ding......
So what is the male that makes the holy hann seed ?....ding ding ding....answer is ac.....and is the plant put to lui hann described as being nevils haze x ac....no it is not.....is this same mother plant used to make the holy grail seed version ?.....yes it is.......oh well I guess that gives it away then....the mother plant and line know as holy grail is actually 97nh x hzC.

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
Has anyone ordered directly from shanti? I sent him some notes a while back but not received anything yet. Messaged him but he didn't reply. I'll assume he's a stand up guy bit the no response does make me think I might not see my order

rolandomota

Veteran
No @need4weed I didn't send $ but I used pay pal when it was available and I always got my order it was 3 different orders. Hopefully you sent a registered letter and can track if it's arrived.

I had bad luck here at seedbay a few years ago I sent 3 orders regular mail and got nothing. I used to send cash to another UK place and It never got "lost" stupid me thought the same thing would work here but no it didn't.

I have received about 3 testers free and a couple purchases from here now but never again will I send a payment not registered to anyone

Last edited:

acespicoli

How much does a vial of of the Nevil haze cuts pollen go for ?
Seen alot of people tossing pollen on the seedbank menu lately just wondering if is a thing ?
"most people can not see the Haze for their daze" -Mr.Nice

Last edited:

JKD

Veteran
Has anyone ordered directly from shanti? I sent him some notes a while back but not received anything yet. Messaged him but he didn't reply. I'll assume he's a stand up guy bit the no response does make me think I might not see my order
Yes. Same story with the messages. Took a little longer than I expected but arrived nonetheless.

Piff_cat

The ac male is a beast but not so much in holy grail line my opinion. You want to pull out the p1/first haze/A line the female should be early filial gene haze A dom no haze C. A non nl5 plant would be even better to avoid transgressive nl5 throwbacks. The girl for that job would be ag13!! F1 haze A line no haze C no nl5. G13 def has some mex/paki I think not straight Afghan.

Setting up the ac male as a double 69 haze f1 means the pollen will carry nearly all progeny where most of the x and y chromosomes will be 69 haze type and not the early Afghan out crosses. This is very important because all cbga synthase diversity is found on the x chromosome. And the x comes down non recombined from mom. If you ran ag13 s1s first you'd even have a shot of making selections where both x are the 69 haze type.

This is what nev was doing with outback he called it ghost gene. Using full siblings as the bread for Thai outcross sandwich. There are 3 different cbga synthase genes possible on the x and each one produce more/less depending on copy number. Since full siblings will have the same x chromosomes you can push those specific copy numbers up. Most outback females probably both x 69 haze but some are 1 Thai 1 haze