What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Holy grail Mr Nice.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
The male c is dead, no one will show you a photo, apart from the usual one that has been around for years (the excuse is always the same: no breeder shows you his parental plants, and bla bla bla) ;in fact, no new cross has been seen with the male C for a long time, apart from holy grail which who knows what it really is ....
I have grown several packs of Nevil haze and no plants have come close to a 3/4 haze hybrid (absurdly I found many more Nevil haze-like plants in the cross I made between Nevil haze and 5hzc).
The fact that the only one I have seen grow a Nevil haze worthy of the name is a Shanti man makes me understand a lot...
If I were to buy stuff from mns I would go with various afghani / skunks, rather haze hybrids ...

gypsyeyes

welp im thinking this may be mushashi....lots of pics and words. lets see a pic of haze C male with todays paper... thats what thisi post was about
From OP post:
"Has anyone tried holy grail from mr nice? 115 euros 18 seeds..."

I believe you are misinformed. Why knock something you haven't tried? BTW, rumor mongerers are so passe-- lot a good shit out there too smoke tooo cooool your vibe -- get with the program man. And speaking to the others with limited success, I would encourage analyzing your processes to determine what caused the deficiency and consider a larger population to give one a better view. It is another great strain seriously worth trying-- pictures don't lie.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I was about to not answer, because I have nothing against you and I don't want to argue, but a sentence made me reflect because I have heard it a thousand times, surely you must always improve and learn new things, but exactly what do you mean by "larger population"? 1 pack? 2,3,4?

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Which I believe Nevil lost the originals, cause I'm pretty sure Shantibaba said Nevil only provided seeds.

But 40 years is possible, that original A5 Haze is still alive, a bunch of people are using her now. Of course that could be a lie too cause I don't think anyone can remember a plant perfectly 40 years later.
The A5 going around is A5 x Mirakel Thai

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The A5 going around is A5 x Mirakel Thai
Someone have a pure A5...

Karma made A5h s1 not long ago.. The info he posts doesn't say anything about it being A5 x Mirakel Thai.. This is what he has listed. "The return of the legendary NL Haze A, made in the late 80's by Neville Shoemaker, kept by the Southern Haze Collective for a long time in order to create this great strain".

They are labeled A5haze s1.
index.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You honestly think s1 seed of any hybrid clone is granted to be as good as the Mom ?.

The male c is dead, no one will show you a photo, apart from the usual one that has been around for years (the excuse is always the same: no breeder shows you his parental plants, and bla bla bla) ;in fact, no new cross has been seen with the male C for a long time, apart from holy grail which who knows what it really is ....
I have grown several packs of Nevil haze and no plants have come close to a 3/4 haze hybrid (absurdly I found many more Nevil haze-like plants in the cross I made between Nevil haze and 5hzc).
The fact that the only one I have seen grow a Nevil haze worthy of the name is a Shanti man makes me understand a lot...
If I were to buy stuff from mns I would go with various afghani / skunks, rather haze hybrids ...

A friend of Shantis called Kashgari took the Haze C male pic Willy and just because an updated pic of it has not been posted you think its dead ?

People come on line claim to have things they dont and you lot believe ward for ward of their story's.

Shanti has not lost the HzC and not only dose Shanti have the haze C male shanti has pure Haze seed made by Nevil and a lot more.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I was expecting your post ... :biggrin:
But I would say that we have been dealing with this for years, it is useless to continue to argue, right?
People come on line claim to have things they dont and you lot believe ward for ward of their story's.
I believe in (few) people I trust, and in current images, not a photo from decades ago...
You honestly think s1 seed of any hybrid clone is granted to be as good as the Mom ?.
Really??

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Read my posts well ...
Anyway, Have you seen Shanti's parent plants in the past 5 years? NO
Have you purchased and then grown Nevil haze in the last 5 years? NO
Save your money, buy those seeds (let others tell you how many you need), and show me I don't understand anything.
Don't show me pictures of plants from 20/30 years ago.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Willy the only person to ever have set clones from Nevils libary validated by Nevils was Shanti and the only person.

All the Haze lines apart from the Afghan x Haze C i got was before 2004 most around 2002 but i have seen plenty of people growing current a friend grew 2017 Nevils haze and he told me they were extream Haze types.

Making claims a breeders parental lines are dead with out having proof is gossip at best.

Even Nevil had not seen his plants since 2000 or before and he even asked me if i thought HzC was alive.

Latest posts

Latest posts