What's new

HL45.PPK.1.0 17lightsx2 Sealed with Co2

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
Are you sure you weren't dealing with a RootAphid-Rat hybrid? That is fucked up shit.

When I got hit with both RA and FG at the same time, I was ready to drop coco. Where the fuck did they come from? How the fuck can I deal with them? I couldn't loose a bit at the time.

And then I nucleared all over them, and it never came back in that location.

Hope it's the same for you.

I kept adding fresh mosquito dunks to the bulk reservoir... one or two every week or ten days. I don't know if it was the solution... but it was part of the process.

bobblehead

Veteran
My new plan of action for preventing RA and many other bugs... Is to hydrate my coco bricks with Bayer tree & shrub and sm-90, and store it unflushed. This way any critter that finds it's way into my coco is gonna die. Then when I transplant, I fill the bags with my coco mix, and flush. This way the plants are exposed to minimal amounts of pesticide, and the plants remain clean.

I like the fungus though... I would like to innoculate my coco with some... But i think the synthetic fertilizers and sm-90 might kill it? Or at least hinder it's growth.

D

DHF

I wish they`d surrounded the oil spill with shrooms to contain and eat the shit , but no.......

I lost rental revenues of well over 150 K for almost 2 yrs before folks felt safe enough ta come back to vacation land down here in Hell .......and ....

Got a cancellation for this week and diggin bein away from the farm and access to fresh seafood.....so.....

Ya`ll handle it.....I`m in veg mode.....

HL....Hope all falls into place for yas my buddy.....2 lb plants ftw....

Peace....Freds......:ying:.....

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
I guess we all can agree that prevention is key.

Nuclear may cross lines of ethical cultivation.

Anything toxic is just that, toxic.

But then again, everything has consequences. Everything is connected. Outcomes are not always predictable.

Maybe there would have been other, serious consequences had I not taken that action.

The world is a mysterious place.

I definitely respect the clear vision and personal responsibility on your approach.

(Oh, PPKs have very different moisture profiles than smart pots--that may have been more conducive to your infestation.)

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
If your having lots of trouble with bugs in your coco when cloning, fill up your beer cups with coco and stick them into the microwave for 45 seconds - 1 minute, all bugs will be fried! Try buying good quality coco like canna, I've not had many problems with canna.

Nice show! I like the horizontal/vertical setup combination. Are you aiming for 1,5 gpw?

btw wth is that all sorts fongus in the image?
picture.php

LOL you must like to get real dumbfuck high like I do sometimes.

LOL. I missed the part of the benificials of that fungus. Never realised good funghy even exists. I'm watching the show closelly.

My aim is 0.829090909090 GPW or 2per plant. I doubt I will see that this run due to different veg times, strains, lighting etc.
My dream for this room is to get around 1.03636363 gpw.
Nice numbers man. Good luck on this round!

Thanks for stopping by.... If you havent already you should check out Delta9s PPK thread in my signature. Its a long read, full of good info and has an inviting and humorous atmosphere.
Thanks for that. Im searching it now XD

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Here is one of the plants that actually showed damage from the bugs... at least I think it was the bugs. I saw one lil green aphid looking thing climbing around.:tumbleweed:

albumid=35933&pictureid=901730&thumb=1]View Image[/URL][/url]

HaHa i got some cuts from a friend who needed to have some plants when he came home after three month's. They had spider mites, which I killed. Problem was that the cuts were males. I can not have guys in the grow competing with the girls love in there. I know how you feel about cuts from friends. I would be PO'ed with him if I had not know him for 35 years.

D

DHF

Hey HL...Never noticed any ph rise from SM-90 so I`m pretty sure yas got somethin else goin on , and Botanicare silicablast I used for stemwall strength was the only additive that would make ph rise minimally from the potassium silicate.....and....

Never used any additives but SM-90 and Silicablast in all my yrs till full fledged Coco and then only Cal/Mag + for the CEC ..but....

I`m curious bout the horizontal reflectors as in did you veg in the same room and that`s why they`re in the room ?......or.....

Am I missin somethin.....Maybe yas got high ceilings and I can`t really see , but I`m confused about horizontal reflectors that store heatgain in the rooms , while ......the....

Bare bulbs hangin are way too close the plants causin the leaves to "taco" and curl upward in survival mode tryin to keep from transpirin any more than possible that causes increased nutrient uptake in the long run and ph fluctuations will ensue.....but....

The leaves away from the bulbs look normal and healthy , and possibly not causin too much worries on nutrient uptake and transpiration.....but again....

It`s somethin to work toward in the future with small muffin fans under each bare bulb on the lowest setting to assist in natural convection from heat rising to get it away from the plants , up and out through exhaust scrubber combo`s ftw....and....

The biggest thing I see different these days with growin bigger plants is the increased vegtime it takes to make the more indica dominant strains perform and fill in sideways for canopy and yield anywhere near a 50/50 sat/ind hybrid would do in a few weeks time untopped and yield accordingly back in the day...anyways....

Can`t let the plants get to close to the bulbs without air underneath pushin the heat naturally risin up and away from the plants constantly durin lights on.....

Carry on Bro....Just tryin ta help....

Peace....Freds....:ying:....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts