What's new

HL45.PPK.1.0 17lightsx2 Sealed with Co2

bobblehead

Veteran
You need to make sure you completely drench the root ball. A good way to do this is by putting the pot in a bucket and covering it in IMID solution. That will kill them for good. IME, the aphids slow the plants down. They eat the root nubs off of your clones so your clones never root. The IMID has an effect on the plants as well... So they don't just have to recover from the aphids, but the IMID as well... And that takes the better part of a month. Like i suggested, you might want to get some new clones or crack some seeds while you get your plants back to health. I don't cull a good plant unless i have to...

V

Veg N Out

Hey how're you doing. I was dealing with plants in HortiPlugs, 6" square pots, 5 gallon square pots... Everything took a single root drench of Merrit... And I have not seen one come back. I treated my garden in the beginning of April FWIW...

Mister D - I have to question the efficacy of your application and how long a SINGLE root aphid survivor will last before it asexually reproduces? If you seen them months after application ...is it possible that you just missed them and it took you months to notice an adult again?

Yes all these product have Imidiclorpid...but when you buy Merrit..You don't buy any water...i think this is why Merrit is successful where Bayer Tree & Shrub isn't 100%

FWIW - The Merrit did absolutely nothing to my plants...I also caught the aphids VERY VERY early and was able to jump on them before there was many adults...

Mister_D

Veteran
Veg - I think what happened is my initial application killed all but one or a few, which survived "somewhere" until the imid's systematic effect wore off. They/it then started to slowly build up population again. During this time my plants looked totally healthy because of the low numbers. I should have noticed them sooner, but my ph pen went way off. So I blamed the phantom mag def. on my plants getting nutes ph'd to around 3-4 for about a week before I caught it. So naturally I tried to correct things from this angle. During this same time frame I set off a bug bomb to combat lots of spiders, flies, etc entering my room as a result of summer starting. The day after releasing the bomb I went to water my clones and found literally 100's if not 1000's of dead root aphids in the trays my clones sit in. So yes in short my initial application was not completely effective. This is why I recommended at least 2 applications. Making sure to soak every inch of media is also crucial and something I should have mentioned earlier. I also agree that merrit is probably a superior a product as it is 75% IMID verses less than 2% for the various bayer products. It seems the degree that IMID stunts your plants is all relative to how healthy/unhealthy they are at the time of application. That is purely an observation after reading tons of posts on these bastards. Either way it's best to catch them early and go hard on em as soon as you find them. Just another situation where overkill is underrated.

V

Veg N Out

The way I applied the Merrit was to dissolve it in to some water first , mix this in to a pump sprayer I planned on throwing out after the Merrit use, then spray the soil surface of every plant heavily...Then follow up by watering in..Doing it this way knocked them out for me in 1 application

Mister_D

Veteran
Veg - Can't knock what worked for ya, but repeatability is everything. I think your saving grace was that you caught the infestation early on. If there's thousands of them in each pot it might be a different story. Hard to say for sure as there are so many variables involved. Overkill has served me well throughout my growing career, be it for a bug issue or environmental control. I'm not at all fond of applying chems to my plants, but I'd rather hit them more than needed and know I'm not going to have to reapply because I missed one. That was a hard lesson learned with spider mites. Why do you think there are so many resistant bug varieties popping up? Under or improper application of said chemicals.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You need to treat the air as well as the pot. Use a fogger or a bomb to kill the fliers and a drench or soak for the media in the pots.

Mister_D

Veteran
Won't let me rep ya IC, but excellent idea using a bomb to kill the flyers. I did a root drench with IMID yesterday, i'll set a bomb off in a few hours. ALL of them must die!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Won't let me rep ya IC, but excellent idea using a bomb to kill the flyers. I did a root drench with IMID yesterday, i'll set a bomb off in a few hours. ALL of them must die!

I have been fighting fungus nats because I can"t get the fliers. If I could bomb where I am they would be toast. I did a soak in a 27 gallon tote to kill everything in my coco but still can't get the fliers. Bobble gave me the idea about the soak.

No biggy on the rep but thanks.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
Go nuclear now or you ladies will suffer much worse later guaranteed.

I had positive results by hitting with in both veg and first few days of flower with Spectracide at a low dose 1-2ml/gal (contact killer) followed by Bayer 1-2 ml/gal (systemic) and chucked a shit ton of mosquito dunks in the bulk reservoir. Remember you're recirculating this chem, so you might not have to hit it at full dose.

I think I ran it Spectracide, then IMID, then Spectracide, then IMID, then Spectracide over a two week period. Each was two or three days apart. Mosquito dunks the whole time. I ended up flushing veg as it's reservoir was larger, and the plants fed slower.

I topped the plants in flower with some Napa floor dry (1")... just to try and fuck with them.

There may have been some stunting. Whether it was the result of root damage or the all out nuclear attack, I don't know. Things were okay.

The location hosted root zone predator mites. I noticed those units in full force again on some of the open coco plants later (two to three weeks post agro treatment). I don't know if it was keeping up with the mosquito dunks, or the predators that keep it in check. But the mites were definitely active. Running around all scary like.

bobblehead

Veteran
I had predator mites too! They're dead now... Lol but it was cool to see how fast they move in comparison to the RA.... FUCK RA!

Mister_D

Veteran
Josey whales mentioned the met 52 in my thread as being very effective on the aphids. Hope you kill all those bastards. Never have I hated a bug so much in my life.....

cyat

Veteran
i researched met, after reading a huge thread i thought the conensus was it doesnt work?

stuff that worked for me , for awhile

ortho bug b gone
bayer fruit n veg
and 1.47 imid monterrey I think

complete insect killer has something that the plants dont like

these bugs will rob your bud density

time the imid right and they will be neutralized... i still hate to use any of that shit