What's new

HL45.PPK.1.0 17lightsx2 Sealed with Co2

V

Veg N Out

A little early in the batch for PM and mites don't you think? How are you gonna handle it? Cut & Replace?

D

DHF

LOL! I dont know what your smoking veg.

Powdery mildew is a genetic and ENVIRONMENTAL issue.

If I cut and replace, the next plants will also have powdery mildew.

Only the Platinum kushes have pm, and in certain areas.

In the cloner the Plantinum Kush also have slight powdery mildew, while the 3 other strains (Sour D, Dog collar, Niteshade) surrounding them do not....

This tells me that they are more prone to PM.

PM doesn't scare me, it informs me that my environment is not ideal.

PM tells me that humidity and air circulation are not dialed in.

A part of the solution is more floor fans, and see what happens.

My past room was 7'x11' with a 28k btu ac in it that was constantly sucking out moisture.

I had to have a humidifier to keep up with the ac.

This set up is over 6 times as big, and completely different in many ways.

What the pm is telling me is that I also need a dehumidifier to keep levels optimal during lights off.

Its my first run in the room and it needs some honing and tuning not cutting and replacing.

There is a few mites that I need to spray with sm90, pyrethrin and neem for the next few days.

It is not an infestation, no webbing, just a few spots on the soil plants.

My gro bro couldnt even see them, I just spent more time down low between my girls legs cleaning them out and saw some of the white specks that show up on the leaves.

I feel that some consistent spraying will knock them out.
Respect HL....

Only a seasoned Vet knows when environment kicked his ass and shit needs ta be adjusted and dealt with accordingly......as in...

Chemical Warfare and preventative maintenance for future runs is the only way to evolve once critters show up and haveta be nuked into submission......

Handle it my buddy....You know the drill.....and....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:....

D

DHF

LMFAO...Don`t need no stinkin reflectors......You`ll thank me later when yas wrap everything that ain`t green with reflectix or the new orca film and make the WHOLE damn room it`s own air-cooled reflector with lumens bouncin up , down , and ALL around and .....

ALWAYS back at the plants once light gets past em ftw......now...

If the room`s 16' long how wide is it Bro....7KW supports 140 sq ft well....any bigger and yas need those couple extra 600`s or nuther 1KW if the room`s 10' wide for minimum 50 watts per sq ft......so....

Respect fer turnin them bitches around after root critter infestation , mites and such , and it`s JUST like the Krazy Krusty Klown usedta preach that once a plant gets so big and receives what it needs for perfect feed and environment.......

There ain`t much that can stop it....bugs or molds and mildews included.......but......

His ass ran sulphur burners religiously in late flower for pm and greymold prevention , so it`s all bout preventive maintenance in the long run........because....big plants are a different animal grown "inside"....cuz.....

In fast hydro they can get away from yas with the quickness , turn ta mulch and fall over dead with no end product for all your hard work.....but....

Looks like yas`ve got things well in hand Bro.....so....

Handle it....Freds....:ying:.......

D

DHF

Here`s the thing Bro......and you`ll do ok with the addition of the couple 600`s , but....

230 sq ft of grow area needs 11500 watts of sideways blastin lumens to penetrate into the plant`s canopy for big plants to be all they can be........I`m just sayin.....

My 2 cents.....Freds....:ying:......

Edit: Forgot to say that Santa Fe dehueys use less power/amperage draw then any other unit on the market for as much work that they do , so Disciple`s dead on and they`re the standard of the industry on the left coast for commercial bigger setups....

Last edited:

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
It's all about the diamond/checker pattern for a mix of efficiency, uniformity, and ease of efforts. Having lights next to each other makes no sense. Big plants probably can handle the light from delta's row, but having direct light shooting into direct light is simply just a waste of light to be cooled.

OXO
XOX
OXO

Either 5 lights and 4 plants or 4 lights and 5 plants. Gotta keep that pattern. Makes it so 3/4 of plants get the same angle of direct light and ya can add 4 inefficiently placed bulbs to bring that to 100% uniformity.

Latest posts

Latest posts