What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HL45.PPK.1.0 17lightsx2 Sealed with Co2

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Thanks guys, and sorry i forgot ya silver, i follow your shit religiously too. I love to grow and you guy's are living my dream. All of you guys experience and solutions to problems help me out in the regular. I recently just stopped growing bugs when i moved my location, so maybe you guys can pray i get them back my yield and flavor are suffering because of lack of bugs,lol.

bobblehead

Veteran
Well take your pic Ichy.. Whats is gonna be?

The quarter, or the bud?

The cheap bastard would pick up a penny if you dropped it... No contest...

Thanks guys, and sorry i forgot ya silver, i follow your shit religiously too. I love to grow and you guy's are living my dream. All of you guys experience and solutions to problems help me out in the regular. I recently just stopped growing bugs when i moved my location, so maybe you guys can pray i get them back my yield and flavor are suffering because of lack of bugs,lol.

I've read that stressed plants stink and blow better than happy plants... Of course that was just from some guy on the net,it didn't come out of a book.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
HL45.PPK.1.0 17lightsx2 Sealed with Co2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361600997.310745.jpg
:)

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
heat pump.

Minisplits are the way to go.

My ac is a security concern, I have a cage being welded for it in case anyone tries to rip it out of the exterior wall.

Got some serious beefing up to do.

farmari

Is the sight of the AC itself a security concern? I've always wondered what growers do about that. Nobody owns a mini split where I live, and it would be 2+2=4 to anyone shady walking through someones yard seeing a mini split running when its cool outside, or hearing a central AC running.

heat pump.

Minisplits are the way to go.

My ac is a security concern, I have a cage being welded for it in case anyone tries to rip it out of the exterior wall.

Got some serious beefing up to do.

So a mini split heat pump has enough cooling power for 17 lights? What size is it? Heat pumps are amazing things for sure but I assumed it would take a pretty beastly heat pump to cool a grow room.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I dwelled on this for a while before I got my split.

Almost would rather have another full size outdoor unit rather then this "new age" looking slim sitting right next to my normal central air unit in a area where they are not common.

Luckily I'm a bit rural so I went ahead and said fuck it and put in the split. It is damn near silent and does say "heat pump" on the side so it is supplemental heating source if anyone were to inquire why it is running and its winter time.

Does leave me a bit uneasy and I'd likely be paranoid if I were in the suburbs and it was viewable by all.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
The mini split is fine.
Nice and quiet.

I have 3 other through wall acs.

The lighting has changed from the begging of the thread.

Each room has 12 lights now....
41ks
8 600s
10 plants

So 3 wall a/c units and the mini-split for the room then?

I wonder what the max cooling capacity for a mini-split would be light wise.

Ya I would imagine people thinking you have your a/c pumping in the mid winter would cause concern, neighbors are the #1 reason for people getting busted. People need to keep to their own dam business.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
So 3 wall a/c units and the mini-split for the room then?

I wonder what the max cooling capacity for a mini-split would be light wise.

This is a flip flop, 2rooms. Your gonna have to read the thread to truly understand whats going on, start from page one. Youll learn some things along the way I promise.:comfort:

I read through all the shinola in the entire original ppk thread on my phone, in the sticks with "roaming" reception.
I also walked uphill to summer school in the snow both ways.
:moon:

Mini splits vary in size, and your environment has alot to do with it cooling capacity.
A garage in Alaska and a garage in Death Valley are going to need different amounts of cooling even if they have the same exact amount of wattage.

Just a brief rundown

(?)watts of lighting=(?)btus

usually 1w=4 or 5btus

I have around or over 4 tons cooling per room.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
You guys have any grass to mow..or snow? Build a little shed to store your mower or snow blower... ACs operating during odd hours or seasons always grab my attention. Panasonic makes some quiet fans FWIW.

While ya out lookin for change with the metal detector.. throw down some landmines.. that'll learn em..

Trees looking good. 360 degree lighting seems to work okay...