What's new

HL45.PPK.1.0 17lightsx2 Sealed with Co2

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
Throw a 1k above it and I bet I could get 1-2pounds easy. Any thoughts?
I do think you could get 1-2 pounds easy.

Have I forgotten what your plant count is? Or is that something we haven't talked about?

Regardless, as everyone knows, SOG is a great way to produce an even canopy in premium light.

Would this let you veg out your trees a bit longer and try and get the main rooms on track?

If you've got the numbers, smaller plants are all good. If you've got that high of numbers, or big enough balls, then designs around smaller plants makes a lot of sense.

EDIT: Are you thinking of doing a square bed with multiple drain points and still trying to pulse? I believe that a well built PPK bed will out produce coco on a drip/blumat. But it will be new engineering. I'd really like to see it. I recommend a large PVC manifold (1" plus) that is drilled for the pulse across the whole bed between all the plants. Multiple wicks. And drench the shit out of them. Get standing water across the media by dumping 20 gallons on them in ten seconds. Super porous media. Coco croutons. Lava rock. Mid grain coco. Big Turface. Something with 40% porosity, but still maintains some water retention and cation exchange capacity.

Trees work for those growers who need to push more from less. But as you know, it costs more in labor.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
smart pot ppk hybrid

Very doable. You just need to put an insert/disk/piece of plastic/something-or-another into the bottom of the pot to secure the sump/tailpiece/wick to.

My first set of buckets were drilled-out-to-shit and lined with material. It worked very well. I don't know why I didn't just sew it up into a smart pot. It was super labor intensive. But very successful.

Best of luck.

D

DHF

Again.....IF always the voice of reason for dialed results....and .....I`m so sure in his world as well as mine it`s always been sideways "canopy creation" rather than management for optimum lumen penetratiion/absorption ,instead of backin up and hackin out shit that the lights`ll never get to........so.....that said....

Dialin strains and knowin what they`ll do by end of stretch means everything with each and every medium yas run for whatever results yas expect on a regular basis , or you`re lost....

This ain`t stoner advice , but rather attention to detail for folks that get it...anyways....Respect HL......

Handle it and dial yer shit....It`ll happen.....bet on it....and....

Respect as well for doin this ,and........Runs under yer belt will make it easier as time goes by as long as yas dial each setup before goin to the next....anyways....

Here to help......DHF....:ying:......

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
instead of backin up and hackin out shit that the lights`ll never get to........so.....that said....
What he said.

Sometimes, you get it right and there's nothing to remove. Sometimes, you fuck up and then you hack. Making the best decision as soon as possible as often as possible is all we can really strive for.

That's the challenge and battle in vert tree grows: getting all the little details just right. When the canopies are 20 times bigger, and the numbers are twenty times smaller, there are 400 times more ways to fuck up and drop away from the numbers really clean gardens are capable of. (And it's way more work.)

If you've only got x plants, you just have to decide how hard you are willing to work (how much attention to detail you are willing to put in) to achieve what you want to achieve.

Krusty's buckets showed all of that.

As for all the new ideas in room number two... cool and interesting experiments. But if you want to produce, get something dialed until you got it. But you know this.

bobblehead

Veteran
As for preventing the panda from ripping off the wall... Pieces of cardboard or duct tape placed on top of the plastic where you staple it will prevent tearing... I don't do a lot of tree growing, so i'll leave your room design to the pros... But it seems to me that if you have such a large amount of negative pressure, you could cut a bigger passive intake w/ light trap? Why not use one fan for intake and one for exhaust? W/e you do... Air exchange 2x a minute is a great rule of thumb ime.

D

DHF

Many ways ta skin a mule my buddy......All boils down ta how yas can employ everything it takes ta run 2 flip rooms with a lung room supplyin perfect environment pumped in and sucked out for optimum results by end of cycle......but...

I know yas haveta work within budgets and constraints , so it`s somethin to work towards cuz major air exchange with active as well as exhaust thru/scrubber combo`s rule the day for dialage , but....

Yas still gotta have the a/c`s , humidifiers till end of stretch if needed geographically , and then dehueys appropriately sized for the job till end of cycle from begiining to end FTW....IME at least......and....

It`s all in how far folks wanna go to creating laboratory conditions to squeeze the gpw`s once monocropped strains are dialed......I`m just sayin....

You`re well above "Stoner Laziness" Bro.....so.....Lookin for yas ta step up and handle this as time and budget provides.....I know yas`ve got it in yas....

Holler if I can help....and...

Peace....Freds...:ying:.....

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Shit, I just wanted to say it's great seeing all the love in the air. It's truly an inspiration.

bobblehead

Veteran
No the 2x a minute ruel doesn't apply to sealed rooms where you supply your own CO2... You're exchanging the air in your room 1x a minute right now. I think you need to use 4k btu of a/c to cool every 1k in light... And in a sealed room, there's nowhere for the heat to go unless you have a/c or a heat exhanger, right? I doubt that increasing ventilation between sealed rooms is going to make a difference.

bobblehead

Veteran
Right now I am using 10" max fans that move about 1000 cfm

They are on opposite end of the room, one is pulling while the other is pushing.

The room is 1920cf so I am exchanging the air 1x every 2 min or 50% total air exchange a minute

I have enough ac's between the two rooms to handle the heat. but I need the air exchange to help distribute the btus more effectively.

I was hoping that having both fans move air in the same direction (pulling from one room, dumping into the other room) along with a passive exhaust/ light trap I could at least get the air exchange up to once a minute.

No, whether you are bringing new air in by pushing it in and/or sucking it out, you are exchanging the air. You already have the pressure equalized by pushing and pulling. That's exactly what i do, one 435cfm intake and one 435 cfm exhaust in an 8x8x8, made slightly smaller by eliminating the corners... I like what you're doing now, b/c both a/c's can cool 1 room.