What's new

HL45.PPK.1.0 17lightsx2 Sealed with Co2

Mister_D

Veteran
I do remember him hot flipping now that you mention it, but that doesn't work with most digital ballast brands from what I understand anyway (i've never personally tried). Toohighmf runs quantums and obviously they are capable of doing the hot start. Hydrofarm told me via email that there must be an off period between flips for their phantom ballast, i've also been told by a fellow grower galaxy brand ballasts need the off period also. Take this into consideration when purchasing equipment or designing your flip box.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
I think I may have messed up on the feed and may have had too much light.

I changed out the res and then I adjusted the lighting.
I think you just planted an aero plantlet into a solid media.

When I let aero clones get that far into it... that is, grow out such long and dominant root structures, I have historically had transplant issues. Sometimes, when they fail, autopsies show the roots stayed clustered and clumped and corded, and never spread into the media.

I prefer to transplant while there are fewer, separate roots... lets say eleven or nine... and maybe three or five of them are starting to have secondary things. Fish boney things.

I am far from an expert cloner, and those damn ez-cloners never seem to be easy or fast or consistent or as cool as everyone else who has them looks when they have them. In my experience, the plants seem to come out really slow--stasis--after an unreasonable amount of time in the box before they even nub up.

My best/least-delayed/stunted/fuckered results seem to be with rockwool cubes in a modified dome tray, transplanted into solos with coco just when a few thick and fuzzy roots show up on the outside edge of the cube. I attribute this to the cube protecting the baby roots, and then they growing directly into the media, without getting super-abused in the process. I do not like to wait to have long tendrilly delicate things to deal with.

I am somewhat challenged to repeat this success rate with bare rooted aero cuts... lots of very delicate dropping of coco onto delicate roots hoping with delicate hope that a delicate plant will emerge.

Hum... thinking about what else seems different? Oh, I preveg under floros for a little while (10 days?), before moving them under the big lamps. So I've got some roots sticking out the bottom of the Solos before I up-pot into a system and hit them with the much more numerous lumens.

So: I think you might have a tangled root cluster inside the PPK, and too much light too soon without those roots having a chance to get established.

What to do?

1. Chill, and see if they spread roots and grow out of it. From what I can see, the upper foliage looks okay...

But to be safe:

2. Take some backup cuts. There's no reason rushing into a grow with plants with shitty roots. Setting your harvest back two weeks to get some cuts going strong will be a far better choice than forcing an unhealthy root mass into the game...

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
I might get impatient and just transplant them into dirt and patiently wait for some sour d cuts.
To keep the genetics available?

It really looked like a lockout to me so I am hoping they turn around.
It looks mechanical to me, not chemical. But that's how I see everything. I lack subtlty. Only understand things that move.

I've seen similar-curling-distruction when leaves of sensitive plants move from high humidity (like a cloning dome) to something with less humidity and they can't pull up enough H20 to keep it together. That's kinda what I see here. They might turn it around. Right quick...

Take some backup cuts. There's no reason rushing into a grow with plants with shitty roots. Setting your harvest back two weeks to get some cuts going strong will be a far better choice than forcing an unhealthy root mass into the game...

... unless your Sour D cuts are 12 weeks or more. That sets you way back!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ah, the Goo... i also wish i had a cut of her. such a frosty sweeet bitch

room looks great BTW. i love adjustawings!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey, your photo before transplant shows that the plant has almost exclusively "water" type roots and very little in the way of "air" type roots.

by the time i transplant my clones are mostly "air" roots and almost no "water" roots.

your plan of cutting back on light and nutes for a few days is the way to go. in addition i would strip all the big fan leaves off to decrease transpiration. it will recover but in the future i would look for a different clone technique.

take it off the pulse at the same time and hand water it from the reservoir to encourage air type roots.

also when transplanting i don't leave any long roots of any kind. i tear them off.

D

DHF

Proud ta have such knowledgeable assistance in helpin folks dial their shit , and all top shelf suggestions figure into the scheme of things that needta occur for future runs with no stalls in growth from transplant , but rather explosive rootmass and foliage bursting forth in that circadian rythym the plants so need and want ........

HL....That`s classic lumen shock combined with the curling is a survival mechanism the plants do to preserve moisture in the cells , but.....

Them`s waaaaay too many roots ta transplant into ANY medium besides what they started off in , so there`s another form of shock/recovery time needed by the plants that`s combined and hittin yas from all sides.....so...

As said above by all the real Guru`s here , just sit back and wait for em to recover or perish if they can`t stand the transition.....

Not sure there`s anything to do other than what`s already been done as in backin off the lights and makin sure feed`s at a lower ppm , although I did notice some interveinal chorosis in the leaves pointin towards possible ph and or ec issues as well as spots that could indicate spidermites but not sure and hopefully not....

Maybe Delta or IF could interject since I have no experience with the PPK but..........anyways....

Over here on my bucket pullin fer yas Bro....Figure it out and handle it....

Peace...DHF....:ying:.....