What's new

Hey ICMag! We are Lush LED Lighting!!!

Mikenite69

Veteran
LEDs

LEDs

Looks good. But how would you rate your product against these http://www.budmaster.co.uk

Personally I would choose lush over those lights. I mean for there god series with top bin osram chips pulling a little over 700w they want over 4 grand. Damn that is a hefty price tag when you can buy 2 of lush's dominator 2xxl and still have some money left over...

Those epiled panels they still want more than for a lush dominator 2xxl and not for nothing u can save yourself almost 400 bucks and get close to the same wattage with lush.

I mean don't get me wrong they claim they use top bin diodes but epiled must be really cheap because look at the difference between there next level panel using a mixed bin of osrams compared to the panels using top bin epileds it's like almost double.

I am sure the top bin osram built panels are really nice but is it a company you can trust that you are getting what you pay for? I would be kinda pissed if I spent all that money for the osram built panel and come to find out they didn't use all top bin diodes.

This is my opinion and I am not a part of lush but for me at that price tag of the best osram model I would buy 2 lumigrow or lush panels or some other panels that are American made becaus I am sure they use top bin diodes and you can buy two for the price of one of those panels. Even though I know osram are supposed to have great LEDs But I cant get over that 4k price tag.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Cant wait to get some pics up for you guys :)
I can see the plants adjusting to the light upgrade nice. Its still hasn't even been 2 weeks which most things take to really adjust, and adapt to changed variables.
I notice the Fans are starting to grow larger again, they seemed maxed out, but now they are getting big girl status. The more indica pheno of SLHxOger99 should really start to swell sometime soon too :)

Miraculous Meds

Cant wait to get some pics up for you guys :)
I can see the plants adjusting to the light upgrade nice. Its still hasn't even been 2 weeks which most things take to really adjust, and adapt to changed variables.
I notice the Fans are starting to grow larger again, they seemed maxed out, but now they are getting big girl status. The more indica pheno of SLHxOger99 should really start to swell sometime soon too :)

U mean u already are growing under them and aren't documenting yet? Ugh.. Lets see them so we can see the changes the light makes please.

thanks.. looking forward to, it , if ur not going to do it in this thread please leave a link to ur thread, thank u for taking the time to show the lush light.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
If I didn't stand behind my products, I wouldn't come here for a nightly beating. Honestly, it's like that old 1981 movie, "Clash of the Titans" where the princess sleepwalks into the basket to get lashes by Calibos.
If you're here because you're remotely interested in Lush, great, ask away. If you're not, why come here every day to rudely insinuate, accuse and twist everything? It's obvious you don't believe anything anyone says. I'm just getting a bit depressed when I think about having to come to this thread. No wonder poor Sam ditched it. You make everything so negative. What is this? If you can't join em', beat em'?
I've explained the Cree thing twice now. Go ahead, take me apart now. See ya tomorrow for that abuse, same time, same channel.
Good night all...

Lush, keep your cool... anyone who has been reading knows you have already answered twice about the Cree issue and about actual wattage draw plus the other things.

you need to grow thicker skin around these parts, as there are many strongly opinionated people, whose opinions are often times quite misinformed.

I hope to see more grows from Lush as I'm a LED enthusiast, I really dislike dealing with HID; it's messy, ballasts, bulbs, too much heat, etc... I'm a plug and play kinda person when it comes to indoor growing, I'm a pampered outdoor grower for the most part...

be good!

peace :)

Miraculous Meds

Lush, keep your cool... anyone who has been reading knows you have already answered twice about the Cree issue and about actual wattage draw plus the other things.

you need to grow thicker skin around these parts, as there are many strongly opinionated people, whose opinions are often times quite misinformed.

I hope to see more grows from Lush as I'm a LED enthusiast, I really dislike dealing with HID; it's messy, ballasts, bulbs, too much heat, etc... I'm a plug and play kinda person when it comes to indoor growing, I'm a pampered outdoor grower for the most part...

be good!

peace :)

I don't quite understand what u mean by the draw bombadil, maybe I read it and it didn't sink in as I have read through this whole thread.

Seems like I remember the 650w only draws 400w or something like that, is that right or the 650w actually gives u 900w of light? I will look back through, but if u would share what u mean it would be appreciated,

thank u sir.

KTF19XX

Personally I would choose lush over those lights. I mean for there god series with top bin osram chips pulling a little over 700w they want over 4 grand. Damn that is a hefty price tag when you can buy 2 of lush's dominator 2xxl and still have some money left over...

Those epiled panels they still want more than for a lush dominator 2xxl and not for nothing u can save yourself almost 400 bucks and get close to the same wattage with lush.

I mean don't get me wrong they claim they use top bin diodes but epiled must be really cheap because look at the difference between there next level panel using a mixed bin of osrams compared to the panels using top bin epileds it's like almost double.

I am sure the top bin osram built panels are really nice but is it a company you can trust that you are getting what you pay for? I would be kinda pissed if I spent all that money for the osram built panel and come to find out they didn't use all top bin diodes.

This is my opinion and I am not a part of lush but for me at that price tag of the best osram model I would buy 2 lumigrow or lush panels or some other panels that are American made becaus I am sure they use top bin diodes and you can buy two for the price of one of those panels. Even though I know osram are supposed to have great LEDs But I cant get over that 4k price tag.

Hey Mike

Check out the stats bro and you see there on another level completely. They use the best components along with the latest 5w led diodes. I know there a lot more $$$ but if cost is no issue then its a no brainier.

Also the company that actually makes these are Marl International LTD who are world renowned for quality and made in the UK.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I don't quite understand what u mean by the draw bombadil, maybe I read it and it didn't sink in as I have read through this whole thread.

Seems like I remember the 650w only draws 400w or something like that, is that right or the 650w actually gives u 900w of light? I will look back through, but if u would share what u mean it would be appreciated,

thank u sir.

hello bro,

the whole 'actual draw' thing was pretty annoying to me when I first started to learn about LEDs...

for example, the dominator 2xxl has 300 3watt LED diodes, but since each 3watt diode is not driven at 100%, because the diodes get too hot, lowers their efficiency and last for less time, they are driven between 40%-70% (depending on makers). So those 300 3watt LED diodes in this specific lamp are actually only drawing 650watts instead of the 900watts that one would assume when one sees that there are 3watt diodes x 300.

at least Lush is not naming their lamps like many other LED makers do, they'd give a name like: Best Thing Since Sliced Bread 600 LED Grow Panel. the thing has 200 3watt diodes, but it really only draws 300watts of electricity at the wall.

hope my explanation makes things clearer.

and btw, I check your awesome DJ Short strain galore thread almost every day, I'm living through you the want of growing DJ strains :D

peace!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Its not like this is Lush's Brand new light system that just did come out guys.
5w systems may have higher power, but that doesn't make the spectrum any more special, and why compare brand new to last years models.

Most companies release there latest, and greatest in the 4th quarter of the year hint hint.

I bet the company you speak of have already spilled their load, and wont have anything this year. Those with patience reap the benefits :)

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I've been helping a friend learn how to grow, another friend of ours actually bought him a LED lamp, I bought him the seeds at the boo, and he bought the tent, extractor and filter.

neither of those two guys ever grew any kind of plant, so it was up to the outdoor dude to teach... and it has been my actual first indoor grow experience, which has only cemented my love for outdoor growing, nature and the sun... the first run went very bad, and now on the second, things are looking very good considering the small tent and well, that it is indoor :D hehehe...

the LED lamp is a COB lamp though, no lenses, Chinese made but re-branded and sold with around a 200 USD mark-up (we found out about it after buying it...). So buyer beware!!!! the only thing that consoles the man who paid for the lamp is that the re-seller, by stamping his company's name on the lamp. has to honor the warranty, so the Chinese factory may have higher quality control standards for the wholesale re-seller. the re-seller is pretty clear that they are Chinese made though, but of course, does not mention you can get the same light cheaper at aliexpress :D also, the name of the lamp has the actual wattage draw and not the supposed draw, which is cool imo.

edit: oh, and another thing, the LED lamp came with a user's manual that stated that the lamp was not supposed to be used for over 15 hours a day, which kinda sucks, we're vegging 16/8 though, fuck it... in the 60cm x 60cm tent, it throws a ton of heat though...

peace

Miraculous Meds

Hi Slickster,

As to your question, the "equivalent to" is set in place because HPS has set a standard. It's easier for people to compare what LED can do with what most people were already using in their gardens. We have yet to see anyone do a grow of HPS against LED with equivalent wattage. Everyone has matched yields before needing this many Lush LED watts.

So what ur saying here is that people can get the same yield using ur led's with less watts compared to their hps lights they were using before.

That's funny because I know quite a few growers and none of them would use less watts when switching to led's if this were true, they would use the same watts and yield more.

So that sounds funny to me?

Miraculous Meds

hello bro,

the whole 'actual draw' thing was pretty annoying to me when I first started to learn about LEDs...

for example, the dominator 2xxl has 300 3watt LED diodes, but since each 3watt diode is not driven at 100%, because the diodes get too hot, lowers their efficiency and last for less time, they are driven between 40%-70% (depending on makers). So those 300 3watt LED diodes in this specific lamp are actually only drawing 650watts instead of the 900watts that one would assume when one sees that there are 3watt diodes x 300.

at least Lush is not naming their lamps like many other LED makers do, they'd give a name like: Best Thing Since Sliced Bread 600 LED Grow Panel. the thing has 200 3watt diodes, but it really only draws 300watts of electricity at the wall.

hope my explanation makes things clearer.

and btw, I check your awesome DJ Short strain galore thread almost every day, I'm living through you the want of growing DJ strains :D

peace!

Thanks for that clear and concise answer. I had no idea that's how led's work.

So lush's 650w system draws 650w then. Ok that's cleared up.

So how then is this more efficient? Because it can yield the same as a 1000w hps? So then it would be like saving 35%. plus it runs cooler than the 1000w watt obviously by about 35%. So a savings in cooling cost I can see.

So what it comes down to is can the 650w led yield the same as a 1000w hps?

thanks for the supporting my dj thread bombadil, I hope to make him proud, as I am a big admirer of him, and his work.

Miraculous Meds

I've been helping a friend learn how to grow, another friend of ours actually bought him a LED lamp, I bought him the seeds at the boo, and he bought the tent, extractor and filter.

neither of those two guys ever grew any kind of plant, so it was up to the outdoor dude to teach... and it has been my actual first indoor grow experience, which has only cemented my love for outdoor growing, nature and the sun... the first run went very bad, and now on the second, things are looking very good considering the small tent and well, that it is indoor :D hehehe...

the LED lamp is a COB lamp though, no lenses, Chinese made but re-branded and sold with around a 200 USD mark-up (we found out about it after buying it...). So buyer beware!!!! the only thing that consoles the man who paid for the lamp is that the re-seller, by stamping his company's name on the lamp. has to honor the warranty, so the Chinese factory may have higher quality control standards for the wholesale re-seller. the re-seller is pretty clear that they are Chinese made though, but of course, does not mention you can get the same light cheaper at aliexpress :D also, the name of the lamp has the actual wattage draw and not the supposed draw, which is cool imo.

edit: oh, and another thing, the LED lamp came with a user's manual that stated that the lamp was not supposed to be used for over 15 hours a day, which kinda sucks, we're vegging 16/8 though, fuck it... in the 60cm x 60cm tent, it throws a ton of heat though...

peace

Try 12 on, 5 off, 2 on, 5 off. Its a variation of proven way to reduce veg light. The main point here is to interrupt the dark cycle before it has time to start flowering hormones. You can try any variation of on and off, but the key is to not go much past the 5 hours off or u can start flowering a bit.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran

Yes, I'd also say that is the question. However, Lush is claiming that their 435watts lamp is comparable to a 1000watts HID, this is the lamp that Dr.Young has received.

We'll see what happens in a few months for sure. I'm rooting for the LEDs, I'm forcing myself to be more optimistic as of late. Hopefully, Dr.Young plays it smart and gets his ducks in a row...

peace

edit: Thank you for the light-schedule tip, appreciated! gonna look into it. :)

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So how then is this more efficient? Because it can yield the same as a 1000w hps? So then it would be like saving 35%. plus it runs cooler than the 1000w watt obviously by about 35%. So a savings in cooling cost I can see.

The idea in the efficiency difference is that the spectrum is optimized for plant growth. HPS is a great light for humans because most of it's power is utilized where we perceive light the best. Unfortunately, that is not where plants best utilize it.

LEDs can narrowly target the bands that plants use and avoid the area that humans see best. A 650w LED is capable of putting MUCH more effective power into the red-blue areas that plants need, and avoid the yellow-green area that humans and HPS utilize most. Only a small fraction of the HPS light is in the range where plants utilize it, but it works pretty well simply because there is so damn much of it.

Personally, I don't like either the HPS spectrum or the red-blue light that LEDs using the NASA paradigm put out. I prefer full-spectrum white light, and have since gone to CDM lamps as a result. The new full-spectrum COB LED chips are calling me back, though.

Miraculous Meds

Thanks rives, out of rep again. lol,

I seriously don't know why they would make it so u can run out of positive rep. When someone is kind enough to reply u should be able to give it no matter what.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The Lush has a majority of lights that aren't blue/red. The placement of LEDs are very symmetrically placed for balanced instead of just a mirrored placement.
On one side of the light there is 2 Infrared on each ends (4), and on the other side there are 3 in the middle. The center section/veg/blue section/spring/morning section, and the 2 outer sides are the reds/flower/evening/fall sections.
I've been starting the mornings with the blues/whites/sunrise section. then flip to full spectrum. then end the day with the sunset spectrum.

Mikenite69

Veteran
ok

ok

Hey Mike

Check out the stats bro and you see there on another level completely. They use the best components along with the latest 5w led diodes. I know there a lot more $$$ but if cost is no issue then its a no brainier.

Also the company that actually makes these are Marl International LTD who are world renowned for quality and made in the UK.

I must be really blind or something because all the big panels I looked at in every series says 3w leds. Even if you add up there fake led wattage for example 100 leds at 3w and they give you the led rated watts of 300 and actual power draw. I didn't see anything about 5w diodes in any of there lights especially there big boy bad ass 4k unit. I am not denying that osram don't have good leds they are one of the best but damn that 4k pricetag. Nice to know that the company is legit I am sure some will find that helpful who live in the states. I am not familiar with the company because I live in the states so thanks for the heads up.