What's new

heath inspired test prototype (aero)

Mister_D

Veteran
Lookin real good in there FHC :good:, but I can still see reflectix and a bit of bucket here and there. All a part of dialage, but I look forward to the day it's just walls of green in there :biggrin:. The way I see it your system has the greatest potential of any of us vert heads. Along with that comes greater potential for total crop loss, but you know what time it is. I commend you for having balls big enough to run this system on a commerical scale. Looking for good things coming from you in the future. Exciting times here in vert ville.

Thanks D....ya know i lost about 10 plants at the start of flower from sprayin a hot dose of spectracide. otherwise the canopy would have been filled out more. Im amazed how the plants that survived are doing. I thought i was gonna lose this whole crop from the look of them 5 weeks ago. Now they are thriving. Anyway..i appreciate the props!

Nothin but upwards from here with the help of all you guys!

Sqydro

Monocroping is growing one strain and maximizing it with canopy management and feed, ta squeeze every last gram out of it possible.

Not runnin a flat garden at the moment. Still workin on the vert setup to get it dialed in and trying to find that magic strain to take me to the promised land. Once that happends i have a room (veg room right now) that im going to do something in. Not sure if its gonna be vert or not. One step at a time.

If i could change anything with the vert setup i would have built my room bigger (its 8x8) and built a couple more walls and ran it as a hexagon instead of a square. And i would make it perpetual with 2 pumps and 2 reservoirs, and harvest one side (3 walls) a month apart. Maybe one day!

:tiphat:

thanks for explaining lol need to get used to the terminology here :)

the hexagon perp sounds like the promiseland mate! love to see that!

D

DHF

Much Respect to Critter for flippin me the pics in pm:thank you:......and.....

Mr D....I Would`ve made the EXACT same comment on sideways canopy development except I knew of the fiasco that killed those 10 plants , and this run`s already decided.......but....

FHC....I still see buncha fans that need taken out , along with some burnt shit leaves that NEED ta go for fear of fallin on the floor and proliferatin airborn nasties in the room from their decomposition........anyways....

Take all the fans out that have a stem asap , just not all at once.....Sooner than later this`ll be beat into your head cuz I`m relentless on dialage , and makin dem bitches swell as much as they can by harvey is up there in the copy of the rules ok ?...........now....

Get ta work ....:moon:.....and D`s right in that yas`ve got the most potential for yields with the fastest hydro setup already in place and gettin dialed by the minute , so handle it....

Killer work Bro...DHF....:ying:.....

Im glad you were able to see the pics Fred. I actually pulled a grocery bag full of fans last night. Those yellowish leaves are actually not yellow at all, but just the light on the ceiling makes them yellow in the pic. Anyhow... thanks for beatin in my head, beacuse i need it!

HGO ..that green crack has and always will be one of my favorites. Its like the budweiser of beer..to me anyways.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
EDIT: I mean "Stone IPA" or "Stone Pale Ale" of beers. Budweiser rightful fetches far less and is of way lower quality than those very good San Diego brews. Better to emulate Stone than try and produce volume like Mr. Weiser ;)

picture.php

Check out the headlines on that day's newspaper. Funny shit about all them raids ;)

:joint:

HAHAHAH!! Thats Classic!! And sooo true! I love the stone brewery and they brew some of the finest indeed. If we could just get a decent coach the chargers might have a chance. Go chargers

Mister_D

Veteran
All about the arrogant bastard myself :biggrin: I'm fond of their IPA also, good stuff. Quality over quantity anyday.

bobblehead

Veteran
EDIT: I mean "Stone IPA" or "Stone Pale Ale" of beers. Budweiser rightful fetches far less and is of way lower quality than those very good San Diego brews. Better to emulate Stone than try and produce volume like Mr. Weiser ;)

View Image

Check out the headlines on that day's newspaper. Funny shit about all them raids ;)

:joint:

FUCK THAT! Don't believe a word they say... 4 years after Obama is elected the DEA is going to get on the same page? Right...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Captain Morgan & Coke with a few jagermeisters does me wonders, can't forget Magners Irish Cider, and Guinness of course, but I'm not drinking these days :boring:

Hazed

FUCK THAT! Don't believe a word they say... 4 years after Obama is elected the DEA is going to get on the same page? Right...

As soon as the feds can figure a way to keep the mj industry (profits) out of the hands of the private sector it will be legalized. I not so sure it matters who the president happens to be.

Im with 100g, liquor is quicker!

FHC, alternating harvest dates makes a lot of sense, for one thing, its nice to have more than one flavor!

Hazed

If i could change anything with the vert setup i would have built my room bigger (its 8x8) and built a couple more walls and ran it as a hexagon instead of a square. And i would make it perpetual with 2 pumps and 2 reservoirs, and harvest one side (3 walls) a month apart. Maybe one day!

:tiphat:
Hey bro, what you think about having a seperate rez for each level. A guy could then just harvest a level, then adjust the lights or plant placement to maintain proper lumins per foot of the remaining canopy?

Also with a octagon, do you think it would still be feasable to use the rain gutters, or would it be better to plumb the drain system?

Getting ready to pull the trigger, and order the sht, moving day has been moved up to July 1st :) then will have a huge building. I will make a thread if I can get another 24 useless posts under my belt before I have to begin construction!

If anyone needs me I will be whoring in the general forum!:biggrin:

That would be alot of reservoirs to chill and maintain. But it could be done. I don"t see the benefit. If you really wanted to run perpetual then seperateing each wall would be easier.

On the octagon, not really sure what would be easier (plumbing or raingutters) just know that the water has to follow gravity down to a res. So it might take a little tweaking to get it working. (i know mine did) and especially an octagon. You have to get creative,,,but once you get it running, you just tighten the screws and your good to go.

Hazed

That would be alot of reservoirs to chill and maintain. But it could be done. I don"t see the benefit. If you really wanted to run perpetual then seperateing each wall would be easier.

On the octagon, not really sure what would be easier (plumbing or raingutters) just know that the water has to follow gravity down to a res. So it might take a little tweaking to get it working. (i know mine did) and especially an octagon. You have to get creative,,,but once you get it running, you just tighten the screws and your good to go.

Thanks FHC, but maybe Im missing something? 4 levels= 4 resevoirs. 4 walls = 4 resevoirs?
See I was thinking, each entire level would run off one res. instead of individual racks it would be a solid octagon with one short wall (corner) that would work as an entrance.

One light could sometimes be lowered/raised/optomized/eliminated by harvesting levels rather than one wall at a time, because when you fill one wall with smaller plants you may only be utilizing 50% of the lumins until things fill in.?

In my application these systems would be inside the lung room, I thought the octagon could be framed solid (all but a short wall for the entrance and exit) and actually would become the walls. Maybe a black tarp to block light from lung room, and velcrow at the entrance.

I figured the resevoirs maybe could even be stacked on there own rack outside the octagon and feed and catch the juice right there.

Didnt know if there would be a problem making angles (45 deg) with the rain gutters (never worked with them).
The shop has a 16' ceiling so height isnt a real big concern.

I can do a lot of the figuring and measuring on my own. You have enough experience though, and you can probably easily point out a problem with my thinking, just want to get off to a good start.

Like I said, I will eventually be able to start a thread, and hopefully can get you guys to take a look before I fuck things up to bad,lol.Thanks!..Haze

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks FHC, but maybe Im missing something? 4 levels= 4 resevoirs. 4 walls = 4 resevoirs?
See I was thinking, each entire level would run off one res. instead of individual racks it would be a solid octagon with one short wall (corner) that would work as an entrance.

One light could sometimes be lowered/raised/optomized/eliminated by harvesting levels rather than one wall at a time, because when you fill one wall with smaller plants you may only be utilizing 50% of the lumins until things fill in.?

In my application these systems would be inside the lung room, I thought the octagon could be framed solid (all but a short wall for the entrance and exit) and actually would become the walls. Maybe a black tarp to block light from lung room, and velcrow at the entrance.

I figured the resevoirs maybe could even be stacked on there own rack outside the octagon and feed and catch the juice right there.

Didnt know if there would be a problem making angles (45 deg) with the rain gutters (never worked with them).
The shop has a 16' ceiling so height isnt a real big concern.

I can do a lot of the figuring and measuring on my own. You have enough experience though, and you can probably easily point out a problem with my thinking, just want to get off to a good start.

Like I said, I will eventually be able to start a thread, and hopefully can get you guys to take a look before I fuck things up to bad,lol.Thanks!..Haze

i hope you don't mind a few suggestions from me...

Cropping levels isn't going to give you the desired effect... You shouldn't be pulling your plants out, b/c you could damage the roots and unnecessarily kill plants... So rotating them to the upper levels isn't a realistic option... Which means when you pull a level, the one below it is going to block out the new clones above. It's a much better idea as far as canopy management to crop walls at least, if not the entire room...

Secondly, if you have 16' ceilings, why don't you make a solid octagon with enough space to crawl under to get in? Hint hint... Lol... Or at least 1 removable rack. If i'm ever gonna hit 10lbs off 1800w, no space can be left in the canopy... Including the floor. Good thing blumats don't need drains...

I understand Haze what your thinking, but like bobbles pointed out about new flower clones goin in the system with already mature plants would make it super hard to manage the canopy running perpetual on different levels...in a square.
Im not saying it cant be done, but i think if you truly want to run perpetual and your set on it, I think running each wall seperate would be alot easier,,, but even then the corner plants with fresh clones will be dwarfed by the mature plants on the wall next to it.

Now an octagon would be a different story and i would love to see it! octagon has 8 sides (walls). I think hydrosun did some math a while back about the footprint sq footage needed to build my system into an octagon. cant remember the number. my racks are 5ft wide. So maybe somebody could enlighten us? Anyhow....once we find the sq footage we can figure out if there is adequate watts per sq ft with vertical bulbs in the center. I think that might be the reason i ultimately figured a hexagon might be even better. Cant remember.

So an octagon running perpetual would allow you to split the system in half and run 4 walls off a reservoir, and the other 4 walls a month or so behind on its own system. I think with the octagon and the space it will allow, you could get away with smaller plants on the adjacent 4 walls without to much problem. Man!! if i had the space i would love to build me an aero octagon! Hell if i wasnt so set on dialing my system in i would get to work on it right now.

When i first built my system I hadnt worked with raingutters before,, and it just takes doing it. For me i just started building and tweaking. If ya try to blueprint it all out it just becomes more of a headache. I hope you do it man..i would love to see it!

Mister_D

Veteran
I'm building an octogon :blowbubbles:. Took DHF's design and broke it into 8 2' wide racks instead of four 4' wide racks. I did play with the idea in google sketch up so I could visualize placement. The inside diameter will still be 6', but my racks should in theory have more even placement around the light. I'm hoping this will reduce shading in the corners. As far as wanting to run perpetual, I think it would be easier to just build multiple smaller rack setups, each with it's own single res, and harvest a month or so apart. That way you can monocrop while still having different strains, and not worry about crazy uneven canopy and dialing 4 different reses. Would be more efficent yield wise, and alot less work trying to keep everything happy.

Only problem is having to chill so many reservoirs. With aero you almost have to use a chiller or risk root problems and crop failure. Not to mention every reservoir and wall will need its own pump too. Is why i suggested just cutting an octagon into 2 systems. But it can all be done..just what is the KISS method?

Latest posts

Latest posts