What's new

heath inspired test prototype (aero)

3 walls are ADUB Aliendawg/sourdouble. 2 phenos adub are the strechy ones and Double tech 7 are the smaller compact ones.
And then of course my trusty green crack wall on the right in the first pic, of which i will take down at 8 weeks . (beacuse its sooo good at 8 weeks!):biggrin:

Ya know im running at 500 ppm these days. Anything over 500 and my PH will slowly fall. At 500 i get that slow rise of PH. Whats it called FRED? circad rythm somthin or other? Slowly gettin things dialed @ one step at a time.

D

DHF

If yas run budsicles , it`s mega cuts or the same footprint 1 plant can handle raped , pruned , and shaped Bro....

Sq ftg sideways , up , down , and all around.....regardless of how many plants it takes to fill said sideways canopy/sq ftg........

Just gotta wrap yer head around what size plants and plant numbers yas need for your setup for consistent returns every run once dialed and hoonin with increased plant numbers.....

Mr D...it`s plant spacing by end of stretch thats been manipulated for that sideways canopy ftw that`s most important if you grasp nothin else I scream ftw.......

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

bobblehead

Veteran
Mister D- think about it like this... A 6x6 square has 36sqft. A 6' diameter circle has 28.27sqft. I think that by making the circle bigger, you can accomodate more plants and point them straight at the lamps... A 7' circle has 38.48sqft. Things to think about... :)

Hazed

FHC tried and true vert system!

FHC tried and true vert system!

Hazed - I'll be showing my racks in the coming weeks in my vert redemption thread. For now i'd recommend you read all of bobblehead's threads here in the vert section, one is a sticky ;). I am actually copying alot of what he is doing, plus all his threads are packed with useful tips :good:. Be sure to let me know when your thread is up. I'm interested to see what you come up with, and willing to help if i'm able.

Im already checkin out your redemption thread, and thank you your input will definitely be appreciated! I have already been stalking Bobble and DHF and others for well over a year,lol.

Hazed....Lemme talk yas outta runnin different aged plants in the same room/setup cuz you`ll be fightin yourself every step of the way to maintain environment and lumenloss if the plants aren`t the same size and age all the way round the lights guaranteed....

Anyways....Just tryin ta help and not tell folks what to do , just what I learned from the best and taught myself and witnessed first hand over the many yrs I did this shit...

Peace.....DHF....:ying:......
Point well taken! I think FHC's setup is the most logical choice for me, and agree that I dont need other complications on my first attempts.
Maybe the octagon would be perfect for medical since the medical strains I have that people like, do not produce real heavy and are smaller framed girls. A verticle SOG of popcicles might be a great way to grow these and get decent production.

Never thought once about changing. I dont even know what a blumat is..much less care. lol. People think aero is so difficult but its not. Ive been runnin aero for 3 years and only had a couple problems. Mostly stoner stuff like forgetting to plug a pump in etc. My system is plumbed to city water in case of a power or pump failure to keep plants alive until things get sorted. I have power savers for my veg and clone units when power fails. My cloner has been running on the same pump i bought 3 years ago at the same time i learned what the hell a clone was. So no i never thought about changing. Its the fastest and easiest system to maintain IMO.
That says it right there man, I hope you dont mind me tagging along!
I think my first system needs to be the same as yours, it appears there is no real big benefit to flatening out those corners, your crops look fantastic (nice pics BTW).

Im going to go back and reread this thread, then I am going to order everything I need to build a system just like yours. I will save them other nozzles I have for a flat system where I can play around and learn before diving into a large grow.
Think I have a plan I am confident in. Thank you so much guys, I will pm ya all when I get measurements and picks of the new shop, be safe...Hazed

D

DHF

Mornin guys....Didn`t mean ta come off so harsh about the octagon setup last night cuz yes Mr D , 8 walls can yield more than 4 every day of the week IF when they grow out toward the bulbs and get longer , they don`t grow into each other at an angle AS they get longer AND wider.....now....

Since I can`t see FHC`s pics till uploaded to the site or Critter hooks me up in pm , I`ll assume that he`s gettin closer and closer to Nirvana and that`s my full intention for everyone to accomplish here......

For me .....not havin plants in the corners allowed me to put all mechanicals and the access holes covered in reflectix away from the plants while allowing the trimmed and shaped plants to grow out and all but touch each other once stretch was over , and......

All the lumens that got past the plants in the corners once they were in full swellage mode got bounced right back at em for max resin production , cuz after all.....

In full swellage mode with proper watts per sq ft , all the plants do during lights on is pump resin as a defense mechanism against the intense light/heat , and suck juice for swellage durin lights off in that perfect "circadian rythym" once dialage occurs and all their needs are met consistently......and again....

As long as yas keep the plants in the corners away from each other by end of stretch Mr D , it matters not how yas accomplish the desired sideways canopy , and when I said I disagreed with Bobbles and the octagon it was and is only for 1 reason in that the plants will grow out toward the bulbs and at an angle TILL they grow into each other and choke each other out...guaranteed....unless.....

Yas grow budsicles all the way round the room with mega cuts and closer to the bulbs for optimum lumen absorption....I mean....

Max sideways penetration into the plants with 600`s is 32-36" and that`s what I based my room sizes on so I could fill up every cubic inch of said room with as much dope humanly possible while providing perfect environment and adequate watts per sq ft when I went full fledged vertical stacked bulbs and increased plant numbers after Heath tauntin my ass with his yields and returns back in the day .....but....

BUNCHA folks did the same thing and the 1 factor that kept showin up as a flaw in the setups was plants in corners growin out and into each other chokin themselves out competing for light and environment that killed the yields , so I said wtf....

Why even PUT plants in the corners when all the failsafe equipment meant for deep summer insurance could be mounted thru wall and still be covered in reflectix to bounce lumens back at the plants ftw , while the lung rooms pumped perfect environment in and out of the rooms the other 10 months a yr , and it worked flawlessly....

64 1.5 oz plants that finished within grams of each other at 4 separate locations and 8 flip rooms over a 4 month period , and I knew the setup was sound and not just a fluke....anyways....

All about dialin yer bitches inside the small area yas got for max return with a perfect sideways canopy with no dead corners or holes in said canopy and ya`ll know this.....

Nuff outta my old ass this day....Gotta take GF to the beach for a few days cuz property managers called yesterday that we had a reservation cancellation , and her and the dawg are chompin at the bit for sand up their ass and fresh seafood....and lastly...

ALWAYS know I`ve got ya`lls best interest at heart , just sometimes my typin don`t illustrate what I`m tryin ta get across as my reasons for the way I mean things need ta go to max out your setups regardless of what they might be....

Aero , Coco DTW , Coco w/blumats....it`s all the same once yas dial yer shit and become familiar with what you`re doin for max returns......period....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:......

Last edited:

Mister_D

Veteran
Light bulb! I think I finally get where you are coming from freds. As my racks will be pretty flexible for plant placement i'll have to play around a bit and see what affords me the best plant spacing for whatever strain I end up monocropping. I do now see your point about the square after bobble pointed out the squarefootage between the two. I thought yesterday that was probably the missing piece to me understanding, but was too tired to look it up. Either way I know you always have our best interests in mind, but i'm a stickler for understanding the "why" something works. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me, i'm a bit dense some days. Lol or maybe I just had too many vape hits yesterday......

That calculator is bitchen! I found that an octagon with 5ft walls and the bulbs hanging in the center would leave 75 inches or 6.25 feet to the canopy.

So either grow some big plants or build smaller walls. ...even with 4ft walls, you will have about 5 ft to the canopy.

Agreed :biggrin:. With my 2 ft wide racks distance from bulb to wall is 2ft 7 3/8 inches. Allows me to spread them out a bit if/when the plants start getting crowded, and still be in the ideal penetration zone for 600's :woohoo:.

Absolutely bro! that's awesome. How many sites are you planning D?

Can you picture a 5 ft wall octagon with trees? how insane would that be.
:woohoo: Actually it might not be that beneficial with the penetration at such a great distance...:comfort:

Mister_D

Veteran
64 sites total. 2 plants per shelf, 4 shelves per rack, 8 racks. Would be pretty sweet to see that, but like you say penetration wouldn't be optimum. Though I can grow rock hard nugs 4ft from my 600, so it could be done.