What's new

Harriet's Hideout

Sunfire

Veteran
Yeah 150 mesh under the manifold or tree I don't think would be good for flow issues. Idk if you were following the molecular sieve thread but I gave up on it. After a few regenerations it starts getting extremely dusty. Apparently in big industry this is a well known thing and they have giant secondary dust filtration systems. There arnt any reusable secondary dust filters I found small enough and cheap enough to deem worthy. The dust is very fine and must be filtered at .2 microns. I have found some pure molecular sieve Drier filter cores for the 48 cubic inch shells and have been doing a lot of research and talking with and emailing engineers. I still havnt found "the one" yet but hopefully by Tuesday I'll have all the facts in.

I have the extra large thick bunn coffee filters. Do you isolate you pumps and Crack the injection a little to equalize pressure before letting her rip full bore? That's where most people blow screens and filters. They vac. Down, and then just open their injection valve full bore, and the extreme pressure change blows everything out. Idk if your system has enough volume between injection line and bottom of spool. What can be done then is you just open the dump valve and dribble a little out the bottom flood injection line until the pressure equalizes, then close dump valve and let her rip. I've also read it's not good to expose pumps to deep vac.

I made a comment before about having a double spool on the bottom but now I see it's just up on a blue bucket yes? A friend wanted more volume so he just added a second 10x 12 spool on the bottom. Now he can run 2 - 4x36 material spools and the added volume decreased his Internal pressures dramatically. If you like to pour though it adds more steps to disassemble and adds more weight so it's a sacrafice for sure.

Sunfire

Veteran
I just realized "equalize" and "let her rip" were bad word choices.

What I should have said is I wait until the pressure reaches 0 psi before I open the injection valve more.

Lol don't let her rip. Instead slowly "throttle" or "roll on" the valve. Kinda like the clutch in a car, you don't want to just drop the clutch and you don't want to just dam the valve open. Slowly open it all the way, which help with the extreme and fast pressure change situation.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We use 150 mesh with no issues, as long as we compact in adequate wadded coffee filters for a body filter, before the stream reaches the screened face filter.

Historic name, & quite the detailed project. What a treat my bro. You know how to reach me & I'll try to get on here more. Thank you for keeping us all in loop.

pusbag

lid sight glass

lid sight glass

I run a terpp mk4 at work from terpp extractors and I like the sight glass in lid so as to see collection pots fluid levels. I have called and emailed terpp to try to buy some for my other extractor a transformanator but no call no show. Anyone no where I can get them ?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I run a terpp mk4 at work from terpp extractors and I like the sight glass in lid so as to see collection pots fluid levels. I have called and emailed terpp to try to buy some for my other extractor a transformanator but no call no show. Anyone no where I can get them ?

Harriet is not alone, she is trying to let her brothers and sisters see the light.

Get your post count up to 50 and then you can Private Message other members. Until then, welcome to the hideout.

:joint:

Sunfire

Veteran

Ummm, well you need to have the ferrule in the lid to add a portal view sight glass. Or you can just put an extra thick inline sight glass under the pump manifold/tree. It takes a little more technique to look in there but it works great for me. I went that route because the PV ones are only rated to like 50 psi and you can find inline one that are like 150psi. Glaciertanks has them but I ordered from brewers hardware because there's don't have the protective outer shell so you can better see in there. Plus there's is like 9mm thick or more. You have to pay extra for the viton seals but overall it's still less money then the 9mm ones from glacier and they don't have that outer housing so you can actually see in there.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Which is exactly why His fellow Black Muslims had to kill Malcolm X.

RIP Brother Malcolm X

Twisted

Perhaps he dies a wise old man, more open and inclusive, we'll never know....

The pages of history are written by wise and crooked men alike my sincere prayer is that the lens of time allows me to read the correct passages.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

We just weld in the correct size sanitary ferrule. Glacier usually has those.

For sight glasses, consider http://www.ljstar.com/Products/metaclamp-sanitary-clamp-fitting

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Encole has so much cool shit

I have been dreaming of this for a while now lol
http://www.encole.com/sight-glass/sight-glass-camera/

Too bad they are ridiculously expensive :/

For 2K it is a must on the next system!!!! Think about how much data could be better analyzed.

GW can that hook into a control computer so that all the time stamping can be recorded with all other automated machine data at the same time?

I want to build spread sheets and chop them up 1000 different ways.

I am going to requse myself from being a judge at 420 so that I can geek out and run tripple blind spread sheets for lab results, blind judging, and visual judging.

I hope we get info on scores of strains in flower and concentrate form :woohoo::woohoo:

My brain hurts. But holy smokes that is one hell of a system! What if you added external dewax with CO2 jacketed chamber like Bizzybee was messing around with recently, only problem is, they're so damn loud with their blowoff.

Very pretty! Good work man, I'm curious to see what comes of this process wise.