What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HAMMERS KUSH

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the gloves are put away for the year ....... I hope !!! :freezing:

I want to pull my bike out instead of this damn snowblower !!!

nickman

Veteran
Great looking Hammers Kush buds u have there Dan...!!!... when u say ur grow was messed up because of old lights, did the strains seem to take any longer to flower than they normally would...???...

Just curious because my last grow I used bulbs that were pretty old too... for some odd reason it seemed to make the plants take longer to flower... unless it was just my imagination... I usually don’t keep count of the days, I just kinda know when the plants are done.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great looking Hammers Kush buds u have there Dan...!!!... when u say ur grow was messed up because of old lights, did the strains seem to take any longer to flower than they normally would...???...

Just curious because my last grow I used bulbs that were pretty old too... for some odd reason it seemed to make the plants take longer to flower... unless it was just my imagination... I usually don’t keep count of the days, I just kinda know when the plants are done.

yeah i let everything go almost 2 weeks longer than normal , some still had white hairs & they weren't swelling like usual & everything was smaller than usual too . plants i usually get a QP or better on gave my 2 oz of decent bud ..... a ton more larf than i've seen in a long time !!! all because the lights didn't penetrate as well as they should .

Last edited:

nickman

Veteran
yeah i let everything go almost 2 weeks longer than normal , some still had white hairs weren't swelling like usual & everything was smaller than usual too . plants i usually get a QP or better on gave my 2 oz of decent bud ..... a ton more larf than i've seen in a long time !!! all because the lights didn't penetrate as well as they should .

Sounds just like mine ...!!!...

I gotta get me some new bulbs man

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i snapped these a couple of days ago ...

i snapped these a couple of days ago ...

trying something different while vegging i'm tying down the main limbs hard in opposite directions and really exposing all the insides of the plants ... they are responding well to this kind of training ...you'll see soon ... new HK foliage >>>
picture.php
picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
trying something different while vegging i'm tying down the main limbs hard in opposite directions and really exposing all the insides of the plants ... they are responding well to this kind of training ...you'll see soon ... new HK foliage >>> View Image View Image

I wonder if Tonys old thread is still here ..... theres a man that can show you some bondage on plants to keep them short & fat !!!

G

Gr33nSanta

clackamas coot in some podcast laughs at all of us topping our plants, he said it was such a waste of time and energy when all you have to do is bend the plant.

I personally do not worry about wasting time, my life is full of wasted time. I like to control the plant, shape it, I used to be more au naturel but I have come to the realize that in order to get consistency in bag appeal and overall quality, while gardening indoors, is to control the plant, and not the other way around.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do it to increase my yields. Instead of 1 single cola I have 5 and still have a manageable plant for indoor growing. U gotta let the plants recover well after topping to get the best results.

Having said that I have seen some nice plants that where laid on there side to let all the branching become mains. The plants will get super wide doing this method. Not practical for indoor growing.

G

Gr33nSanta

Yes topping does slow things down, but growing perpetually, I am rarely in a rush in the veg room, actually, I mostly top in veg to slow things down!

Personally, I hate massive colas, never know if mold is setting in ,my rh are steady 40-50% almost year round but I can not get it in the 30s, them LED buds can be so tight!

As of lately, I ll even top flowers 2 weeks into flowering if I suspect the colas will get too big. I really do not feel like I am loosing on yield, instead I get a lot of large side nuggets which which in my experience are way less likely to mold. I hate botritys.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is how the ~Hammers~Kush~ looks TODAY

this is how the ~Hammers~Kush~ looks TODAY

I wonder if Tonys old thread is still here ..... theres a man that can show you some bondage on plants to keep them short & fat !!!

clackamas coot in some podcast laughs at all of us topping our plants, he said it was such a waste of time and energy when all you have to do is bend the plant.

I personally do not worry about wasting time, my life is full of wasted time. I like to control the plant, shape it, I used to be more au naturel but I have come to the realize that in order to get consistency in bag appeal and overall quality, while gardening indoors, is to control the plant, and not the other way around.

I do it to increase my yields. Instead of 1 single cola I have 5 and still have a manageable plant for indoor growing. U gotta let the plants recover well after topping to get the best results.

Having said that I have seen some nice plants that where laid on there side to let all the branching become mains. The plants will get super wide doing this method. Not practical for indoor growing.

Yes topping does slow things down, but growing perpetually, I am rarely in a rush in the veg room, actually, I mostly top in veg to slow things down!

Personally, I hate massive colas, never know if mold is setting in ,my rh are steady 40-50% almost year round but I can not get it in the 30s, them LED buds can be so tight!

As of lately, I ll even top flowers 2 weeks into flowering if I suspect the colas will get too big. I really do not feel like I am loosing on yield, instead I get a lot of large side nuggets which which in my experience are way less likely to mold. I hate botritys.

she gets droopy after you water her ... don't mean sh*t these plants can't even keep up with THEIR OWN vigor ...lol :biggrin:

picture.php
picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sticky fingers ...sharp pungent funk

sticky fingers ...sharp pungent funk

I'm in Hammers Kush Heaven ( she's Royalty )
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Burt

Veteran
Anyone running the hammer in mass?
Don’t be shy, she desperately wants to hang out with me in the greenhouse so let’s make it happen

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
take a look Hammerhead ... my 2'nd run of HK is in progress ...i trained them to spread horizontally and now each plant has many multiple developing tops :tiphat:

picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammer are there any restrictions on the HK ???...so many people want her & i can't accommodate peeps thru the mail i wont do it ... are U ok with people selling cuts at events? (for a fair and reasonable price)and i'm not talking about myself personally unless U say it's ok then sometime in the future i may be able to do that sort of thing ... there is NY event in mid May and it could be a chance for peeps to grab her ...LMK peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have asked me that a few times. I keep telling U can share her with any but I prefer her to stay out of those commercial mega gardens..No she is not for sale. Its a free cut!!. Unless someone want to pay 250k than I get half LMAO.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey~

hey~

I'm running Hammers Kush again ... she's won 1'st place preference over five other world class strains ... I have a very humble grow room set up & i have four plants of her (out of ten plants total in a 10 x 15 foot 4k HPS room) :canabis: this clone is amazing , she's a high yielding girl and the flowers are off the chart quality ...this round they are even stronger growing (i'm getting dialed in) i'll have some nice trimmed bud pics from last round ASAP to view . i was trimming some up today...the buds are sticky yet have nice density, not rock hard...just perfect...the smell is LOUD ...it's almost unpleasantly loud raw unripe Banana ' ish astringent smell almost stings my nose...(lol i have not actually tried her myself yet, but my son & a couple of friends have & they report she is fantastic taste and very potent effect ...i'm making sure peeps get a chance @ her as cuts , some already have ... she's too good not to have a chance to spread around so growers can actually see for themselves what really superior genetics actually look like ... this is current HK grow underway (i just flipped them last night) >>>
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php