What's new

Hail Hydro!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After the long flowering without cloudy or amber trichs on the Diesel, it occurred to me that I have 2 BML supplemental led light bars, so I added them in the SE 250 tent 2 days ago. I placed them vertically in the 2 front corners

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow, overnight the 2 plants under the P3 took a big jump toward finishing. I checked trichs with my scope, but no cloudy trichs yet

I decided to drain both rezes and mix a simple ripening mix of EH Micro and Bloom nutes + DM Zone

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These 3 are almost done. 6 seedlings tap roots on 3/31 are coming along nicely. Starting their 2nd set of leafs

Seeds were popped on 1/11, first pistils appeared on 2/12. Alas, no signs of cloudy or amber trichs. May be an issue with sat dom plants?

The lone plant under the SE 250 was pollinated on ~ 3/10

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In an attempt to get the trichs to turn I cut off the main cobs, now only using the P3 rings, but on the other plant (under the SE 250) I am using the rings plus the 2 supplemental bars

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The G13 x WW under the SE 250 with the supplemental BML bars is definitely getting frosty, but not the 2 same strain plants under the P3.

Looks like the 2 BML supplemental bars I employed during flower are making a big difference.

What took me so long to employ them? :wallbash:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weigh In Diesel Under SPYDR 600

Weigh In Diesel Under SPYDR 600

I hit greater 292g from a single plant.

I gave several large colas to my biz partner, for him to cure, so no weigh in for them, but I am confident it was in the 30gm range + 262, plus some larf = > 0.64 g/w

Not bad for ~ 360w

Most likely would have been a lot more, but ...

I was experimenting with replacing air stones in the 3 gallon rez with flooming via a 160 gph pump 24/7. I did not think that the temps would climb but they were well into 90* for a couple days

Plus, plant was being flooded 8xs a day (another mistake, should have been 4), so the roots/leafs suffered significantly from the hot water feedings, which probably affected trich production

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I see I neglected to post weight pics

View attachment 408444 View attachment 408445 View attachment 408446 View attachment 408447

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These girls were started ~ mid January, with 30 days of veg (thinking to shorten to 3 weeks next go round), but veg can be extended due to slow finish time of maturing plants under the main lights

Currently 66 days since first pistils. Checking daily with my scope, while they look done, I have only seen a few amber trichs. I'll give them a few more days, but the Diesel babies need to be moved from the starter system

They were popped March 9th, so already more than 30 days veg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Late yesterday I turned off the Amare P3 light over the 2 plants. I am finally seeing some amber trichs, the plant on the left threw bunch of hermie flowers

Diesel Babies I replaced 1/3 Transcend Lighting LED T5s white lights with a second red light (now 2/2) over my 30+ day old Diesel babies. I need to get the babies out of the shallow bubbler and into a deeper tote so that the roots have more room to grow, which is critical before I can move the chosen ones into their individual grow/flower totes

I received my repaired BML bar, but will not be needing the SPYDR for a while

View attachment 408635

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I hit greater 292g from a single plant.

I gave several large colas to my biz partner, for him to cure, so no weigh in for them, but I am confident it was in the 30gm range + 262, plus some larf = > 0.64 g/w

Not bad for ~ 360w

Most likely would have been a lot more, but ...

I was experimenting with replacing air stones in the 3 gallon rez with flooming via a 160 gph pump 24/7. I did not think that the temps would climb but they were well into 90* for a couple days

Plus, plant was being flooded 8xs a day (another mistake, should have been 4), so the roots/leafs suffered significantly from the hot water feedings, which probably affected trich production

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I see I neglected to post weight pics

View attachment 408444 View attachment 408445 View attachment 408446 View attachment 408447
Nice - 10+ oz's is killer!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This article is very informative. Just one tidbit is that plants excrete through its root system

... roots secrete an enormous range of compounds into the surrounding soil. This area, called the rhizosphere, can be divided into three zones: endorhizosphere (root tissue, including the endodermis and cortical layers), rhizoplane (the root surface with the epidermis and mucilage) and ectorhizosphere (the soil nearby the root) (Lynch 1987).

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babies are looking great with 4 air stones, HOWEVER, I modified my lp pump adding my DIY venturi, which really agitates the water, as opposed to flowing out of the simple T. Ah, so quiet now, and no stones to clean (algae builds up on them)

Super easy, just drill cut a small hole in the tubing and insert a smaller tube (long enough to be above the water line and cut at 45*. Face the open area AWAY from the water flow. Sorry, I meant to take a pic, but then I got high

Here are the babies pre venturi

Right now I am running the pump 24/7, and monitoring water temps. Last grow I had to put it on a deep cycle timer ~ 5/20, but that was pre venturi which is pumping a lot more air into the water

View attachment 410177

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a temp probe water was 81*F, not terrible, but, an hour after adding a blue ice pack temp has been a steady 73*

Also working on setting up 3 more rezes with lp venturi pumps

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bought another pump (265 gph) which has the inflow on the bottom. This will be used in my tall igloo rez, however, trying it out in my starter/cloner rez, where it is on its side. Also should I need to use a shallow rez as I did last grow. I put it and the fan outside the tent on my deep cycle timer 3/20. No idea whether the larger pump matters, but it does produce a much faster flow for the diy venturi to benefit from= a lot more flow and bubbles. The venturi is simple, a small tube (vertical which is above the water line) pushed into the larger tube. The section of the smaller tube is cut on a ~ 45* angle facing away from the flow which creates the bubbles. Lots of YT videos

I will be moving the 2 babies with largest roots into individual totes

View attachment 410494 View attachment 410495

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yesterday I set up first of 2 totes with individual plants

The rez has a small venturi pump set up for oxygenating

I have flooming pumps in each rez and the outside the tent fan on the same timer 3/15

I found it important to keep an eye on the transferred plants as not as much of the root system is getting wet, consequently leafs droop.

Simple solution is to also top feed a couple times a day until the roots grow down into the stone bed

View attachment 410636

Latest posts

Latest posts