What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydro!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am going to play musical chairs with the plants, moving the 2 currently under the led tubes to the tent with the Amare 250 + BML supplemental bars. Just waiting a few days for the young plants main stems to firm up

This will provide optimal enhanced lighting and more umoles to max bud and trich production

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] On a sad note, the cannabis corporate takeover is quietly in full swing :

https://vimeo.com/220833862
[/FONT]

It's pretty much inevitable. The $, combined with the political clout MonSatan has, means all the wheels get greased for them to "assist" with legislation that will hand them the whole enchilada.

Us home growers are the last stand - they'll have a really hard time monopolizing this weed.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Drained the rez this morning; added fresh EH nutes + RAW Yucca and Biogenic Silica

It seems the precip I have been experiencing is gone due to adding Yucca, a wetting agent

It will be 4 weeks in flower in 2 days

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still have precipitate on the bottom of the rez. I bought a new pump with inlet on the bottom. That should minimize the precip

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had returned this pump for making noise. when they checked it out, they proclaimed it fine. I brought it home and tested in a bucket of water (sans drip ring) : the sound was acceptable, BUT, when I placed the tubing/drip ring it was incredibly noisy. This got me thinking as this pump has 2 outlets, the second near the bottom on one face. I removed the tubing connected to the top and bingo- quiet as a mouse. I then removed the tubing from the top and noticed a venturi type effect as long as the opening is above the water line.

I noticed almost zero precip this morning

Update:

the 2 plants are definitely packing on the buds

View attachment 416806

View attachment 416807

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yesterday I pinched the tops of the 2 tallest plants

Here's a couple pictures of my rez.

Inlet on the bottom, outlet on the lower side, alternate outlet on top has a riser, which when above the water line acts like a venturi pulling in air that mixes with the nute outflow creating bubbles to aerate the nutes, and move the water briskly. I am using a deep cycle timer @ ~ 4 minutes on, 15 minutes off in my 2 gallons of nutes

View attachment 417018 View attachment 417019

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resurrection, or surviving a near-death experience
wallbash.gif
jump.gif

If you compare previous photos you can see that the leafs are no longer drooping and are greening up, plus new leafs popping up, thanks to new roots beginning to develop

I mean these girls were approaching death, as can be seen with the lower leafs which are dead

It's a tribute to how resourceful these plants are, giving up lower leafs to survive in hopes that the idiot grower will get his shit together

View attachment 418710
[/FONT]

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Marker, first pistils @ 5/16, so it's been 6 weeks, looks like a bit longer than 60 day flower cycle, which is typical for sat/sat dom plants

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I adjust pH every morning. This morning I was adding way too much down and knew my pH meter probe had crapped out. I have a back up meter, plus pH drops, so I dumped the nutes, flushed a few time with RO water and made a fresh batch of nutes

It was probably time anyway as last change was 6/14.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oakton 35 meter update: I checked into replacing the probe head on line. Are they nuts, $68, just for the head?

For my purposes an inexpensive probe will work just fine;several choices on Amazon < $18 for a EC/TDS/temp probe. I was gifted a Milwaukee pH prbe several years ago, and from experience 2 probes are easier than one as I am no longer scrolling through the Okton 35 to check pH or EC/TDS

Now, these pics were taken with light out, which shows how full these lovelies are with ~ 3 weeks to go

View attachment 419255 View attachment 419256

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nice dense girls there! Makes me smile thinking of how they must smell about now :)

Thanks for showing off your talents !

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been awhile but I have been posting in Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

Plants are within 2 weeks of harvest, and frosting up super fast now

I was looking at the big ass cola and noticed something that looks like frost, but no, it's mold. This happened last grow with a similar phat ass cola not getting sufficient air circulation, due to that fatness

Enter h2o2 (~ 5%). Sprayed the crap out of the area, and will do again later, and over the next couple days

It's really hard to see in the pictures, but, unlike frost it looks blurry

View attachment 421123 View attachment 421124

Latest posts

Latest posts