What's new

Hail Hydro!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Somehow I haven't changed nutes feeding the Diesel since 2/6, so doing it today, sans FaSilitor. Think i don't need it now

Still no signs of seeds so I have a male G13/WW/Bubblegum male that I took some pollen from this morning and will brush a couple buds, though it may be too late

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plant is a bit droopy, shade leafs looking like a nute deficiency, but I think they need an extra flood cycle, so I added one extra flood/24 hours

Also, I decided to do a complete rez cleaning (and change), including using a bottle brush inside the tubing, wiping down the electric cords, scrubbing the pump housings, filter, etc... followed by one flush of the tote/roots. Yuck.

I think this all built up due to not using Zone, which I am now

Won't do much for the shade leafs, but hopefully will reinvigorate the buds

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Buds are notably tighter this morning

Also had to raise the Amare SE 220 over the 3 girls which are now a month old and could be moved into F & D

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update: Musical Chairs

The G13 x WW have outgrown the 36 x 36, under the Amare SE 220

So, I set up the P3 tent to accommodate 2 of them and left the biggest one under the SE 220 for now. I will move it to the SPYDR 600 once I harvest it ~ 3 weeks. Still no signs of seeds, but I have a nice G13 male outside to pull some pollen from to brush on the plant under the SE 220

I ran a test (sans plants) to make sure the 2 totes off one rez would be flooding high enough to keep the roots happy. I really need a bigger rez tote (more gallons, but low profile) to raise the level a couple more inches. It would work great for a single plant

Running 2 lights and 2 pumps off the Sentinel MDT 1 digital timer + the small recirculating pumps off the analog timer

View attachment 398942 View attachment 398943

View attachment 398944 View attachment 398945

View attachment 398946

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
File under WTF?

This morning at lights on I checked pH and noticed the leafs on 1/2 plants under the P3 has SPIDER MITES

How the hell does ONE plant have them, but not the other next to her... and they were started from seeds

Took her outside and drenching her in H2O2. I did the other plants to be safe

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Backtracking a bit, I started the Diesel seed somewhere around 12/9. Looks like a couple weeks to go, unless she finishes fast. I wish she would, so I can move one of the G13 plants under her

*** I have experience with this issue: I had to move one of the 2 plants under the P3 back to the bubbler. Why? My rez is slightly small volume wise, fine for one plant but not 2, at least until the roots get longer. They are not reaching deep enough, so not getting enough food: they keep wilting

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Made fresh nutes for the 3 G13 x WW plants. I replaced the SE 220 with an SE 250 a couple days ago. WOW the SE 250 is a big step up. In 48 hours the plant grew ~ 10". I had to slam the bubbler to the floor in order to get enough distance above the top and the light

I added more rock to each tote under the P3. Displacing more volume seem to have worked- no more drooping

The Diesel is doing fine. It smells sweeter than the other Diesel seeds

View attachment 399697 View attachment 399698 View attachment 399699

C

chris harris

Nice thread. I see you mentioned spraying H202. How well does that work and can you spray when in flowering? Also wondering if you are using 3%, or 29%, and how much you dilute. I would like to try this, and was looking for some info from someone who has experience. Thanks.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice thread. I see you mentioned spraying H202. How well does that work and can you spray when in flowering? Also wondering if you are using 3%, or 29%, and how much you dilute. I would like to try this, and was looking for some info from someone who has experience. Thanks.

Thanks. I buy 30-40% from a beauty supply then dilute to ~ 10% for killing bugs

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I noticed some dark stuff floating in the Diesel rez, so I drained it and cleaned the pumps. In the process of doing that, the small recirc pump impeller housing separated exposing that the insides were heavily coated (bennies?), so I cleaned it and the flood pump, made fresh nutes.

Should be fine until harvest

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems like the diesel is taking forever to finish, so I went back but it won't be 60 days until the 13th

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A couple days ago I cut off the part of the branch that I pollinated with Diesel male about 2 months ago. Culled about 30 seeds, which is exciting. Also the other part of that same branch that I pollinated with G13 on 2/16 looks like it took as well

The G13 under the Amare SE 250 is looking good, and the low branch I pollinated with G13 seems to have taken as well.

The 2 G13s under the Amare P3 never developed long branches like their sister under the SE 250. Could be poor pheno expression, which will happen with F1s. If I had more plants I would pull these
View attachment 402346

View attachment 402347

View attachment 402348

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been worried about the Diesel under the SPYDR as it does not smell of diesel, more of a sweet smell, even after gently squeezing a bud.

About 5 days ago I harvested the tip of one bud that I had pollinated with a Diesel male (D x D). It was dry (no humidity right now). I squeezed out 30 seeds. This morning I rolled one from the buds.

Holy crap, already awesome with about 10 days to go

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dumped and made fresh nutes for both the Diesel under the SPYDR and the 2 G13 X WW under the P3

will do the same for the G13 X WW under the SE 250 tomorrow

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh my. When I removed the G13 x WW plant under the SE 250 to drain the tote, the water smelled awful. Turns out the pump was barely working, Somehow I had the 4 stone pump at its lowest setting. I am surprised the plant was doing so well with no signs of health issues

Latest posts

Latest posts