What's new

Hail Hydro!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was digging through my parts bin and came across a Hydro Halo Drip ring that did not work as I had expected when I tried top feed, but perfect to recirculate the nutes. A 160 gph pump is on a deep cycle timer (6 minutes on/20 off) as it heats the water beyond safe

Plant pic is one of the plants under the P3. Yesterday I added the lenses

View attachment 404484

View attachment 404485

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yesterday I dropped 8 Diesel seeds in water

Going to be sending one BML/Fluence bar back for repair- one section is out

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit, cooler months are mostly over. This week day temps mid 80s, making it hard to keep nute temps cool.

I purchased a cooler, drilled some holes for pump power cords and feeder tube. This should solve the warmer temp problems minimizing blue ice changes. I need to do this for the other 2 rezes as well.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update: Pic of new rez using an Igloo cooler instead an insulated kitty litter container. The Diesel is getting really sticky. When I reach between the colas to pull some dead leafs, my forearm gets a nice trich coating :jump:
Pics of the tops of 2 G13 X WW under the P3, one top cola is 6 x 3 (last pic is her bottom) the other 7 x 2+

and pic of the G13 X WW under the SE 250. All 3 of these are finishing much faster than the Diesel

View attachment 405004

View attachment 405005

View attachment 405006 View attachment 405007 View attachment 405008

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Diesel under the SPYDR: Siphoned out the rez today and replaced with pure water plus some sea sat minerals (95ppm)

Also, placed 5 more cracked seeds into starter cubes. Unlike the first 2, their root tips did not extend. Don't know why this happens, but not unusual. I placed lids on the and set them on top of the re under the SPYDR

SarahKing

What kind of nutes do you use for your grows?
I know most nutes all work the same, I've tried a few, my fav is Complete Hydroponics, but Advanced Nutrients and Canna work pretty well for me too.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What kind of nutes do you use for your grows?
I know most nutes all work the same, I've tried a few, my fav is Complete Hydroponics, but Advanced Nutrients and Canna work pretty well for me too.

It is mentioned within the thread, but it is kinda long now: Emerald Harvest with all their supplements. A couple of the guys left AN to start EH

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My plants never seems to finish

Seeds popped 12/07/16

I finally bought a scope and am checking the plant under the SPYDR every day. 99% of pistils are red, but trichs aren’t even cloudy.

I dumped nutes yesterday, now getting < 100pm water

My question is what about dialing back the light? Each bar of the SPYDR is on a separate pigtail. Do you think dropping back to say 3 bars would help the plant finish?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rightfully, several advanced growers have noted my dismal leafs, which are brown spotted and curling. In addition to too hot nutes when I switched from airstone to flooming with a small pump... turned out the constant on overheated my ~ 2 g rez. Another reason why my leafs are far from pristine (including the younger fruiting plants), I have been spraying leafs several time each day, in spite of reading that spraying should only be done in the morning (when stomatas are open)

Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) can be compared with a rev-counter in a car. As the engine speed increases, the needle on the rev-counter turns and enters the red zone. This will not damage the motor immediately, but it will if the car continues to drive like this for a prolonged period. The same applies for plants: when the VPD is too high for a longer period of time, the plant is not able to recover the subsequent night and irreversible plant damage can occur (burned leaves or petals).

Lessons learned are often learned the hard way

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harvested some of the lowest branches @ 105gm trimmed, which should dry to ~ 25gms= 1oz+

Additionally there is roughly the same weight below the typical lollipop canopy. I will harvest that later

I seriously doubt cutting all that back to lollipop would make up for this potential loss

View attachment 405652

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am ~ 70 days from first pistils, and still no cloudy or amber trichs

I decided to go dark after taking lower branches this morning

Will check trichs tomorrow (doubt there will be any change) and keep harvesting, working my way up to the top colas

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Try cutting the days shorter. Like say to 14 of dark and 10 of light. I used to be able to harvest GHS Hawaiian Snow at the 10 week mark in hydro doing thzt, verses the 12-13 weeks it took at 12/12.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
With all due respect, I find it rude to enter a thread and insult someone just to make one's self seem more knowledgeable and important. I hate playing net-nanny, but the thread starter deserves a bit more respect for sharing his grow with us, and apparently he is learning as he goes along just as we all are...so I cleaned out a few posts here today.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, I started harvesting my 'rekt' plant

What do you think?

I think some of these commenters don't really have a clue,

However, in fairness to them (why would I do that?), the 600s spectrum balance is quite yellow, meaning pics taken while it is on, look different, but hey, as I have mentioned, they jump to conclusions without actual knowledge

Pics taken outside in the morning sun

View attachment 406581 View attachment 406582

Latest posts

Latest posts