What's new

GTA 4

U

UBER21

Snootch said:
I own both a PS3 and a 360. Have returned 2 360s due to RROD, but since I have a PRP its been as easy as walking into the store with my broken one and walking out minutes later with a new one. Though my new console hasn't had any problems at all and it seems like the newer ones dont have the problems that the older 360s were having.

Hardware aside, I game a whole lot more on my 360, my PS3 really only gets used for blurays (but that will change once MGS4 is out). Despite that though, if all my friends had PS3s, I probably would have bought the PS3 version (which is slightly superior graphically to the 360 version, less pop in, better AA, but only slightly, and no load times since you load the game onto your HDD, though the 360 version has a higher native resolution than the PS3 and more vibrant colors), but since all my friends have 360s, it was a no brainer for me to get the 360 version. That really is the biggest deciding factor I believe if you own both consoles, because playing online with friends ownz playing with strangers.

Oh, and XBL definately kicks the crap out of the PS Store, it is better by miles.

Dont get me wrong they both have there pros and there cons.....But it is expected that the Live service is better since it isnt free.......I just got fed up with the 360 crapping out on me....and wasnt happy that I had to spend more money than I needed to due to them not building a solid product. its like either you buy our warranty or ur fucked if the console breaks what kind of crap is that???....Not to mention all those people who purchased the Hd player for another 200 bucks and now have to throw it in the garbage because Microsoft lost the format war.....I see the xbox 360 as more expensive than the PS3 and this years line up is going to kick some major ass...........Resistance 2 baby 60 man multiplayer....... :headbange

Last edited:
Fun game.....I wont put it up there with Halo or Call of duty....but it is fun.
lol....the first thing I did was try to boost this car from 2 guys.....pulled the driver out....proceeded to beat the piss outta him and then his buddy came out punched me in to the street where I was hit by a car wtf....i love that shit. So random.
Then I got some sort of muscle car and was haulin ass....took a sidewalk jump, flew nose first into a concrete wall, was EJECTED onto the subway tracks where i lay mangled....pretty fun lol.
THat was all within 9 blocks of the safehouse. I cant wait to play it tonight when i get home.

W

Wunderkind

This game is so tight. I love the realistic car damage.

I shot through the windshield of a cop car and not only does it show every bullet hole I made, the windows were glazed over with blood.

I carjacked some guy and he was able to grab a hold of the driver side door before I got away. He hung onto that door until I got on the interstate and grinded his ass against the concrete embankment. The entire side of my car was smeared with blood.

/w00t

L

Lune TNS

I snagged a copy last night at target, spent all last night playing. The multi is nuts, I haven't had that much fun online in awhile. Nothing like riding on the back of a motorcycle with an rpg going 90 mph and blowing up a full cop car with one shot :biglaugh:

Anyone else meet the rasta guy yet?

this game is ridiculous , startin to get fairly far in the single player about 30 somethin percent complete , The last mission before you unlock every place in Liberty city is intense took me a few trys to get. Multi player is great gonna be a sweet game to throw on wit ur buddies wen ur drinkin n smokin

Holy SHIT!!!!! got it to work yesterday and a bit today, of course as i get my coffin lol. Well it's heading out tomorrow, because they said I need to wait at least 24hrs inbetween recieving and shipping the same package??(courier service sed this) wierd. Amazing game tho, great graphics and pretty good freedom. I like how theres very little menu time, especially online. And that free world before games!!!!

N_G

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Wow shes so good to me!! miss nycdfan got us GTA 4 the other day..and wow were loving it!!! TITTY BREATH!!! hahahahaha so funny...russian mobsters..i hope the online multi player versino of gta 4 doesnt mess up my halo skills!!(i just started playing online on halo3 also, got a whopping 10 exp pts ! LOL) look out ill melee ya!

Rollin Face

This game is damn epic, halo...piff!! COD4, havent touched it since 4-29. Awesome game, love Integrity radio, great tracks on Beat 102, real time graphics and the ducking and zoom with headshots is the shit!

Execution moves are sweet as well, ultimate freedom, great story, and seems like a really long game to complete....not to mention the online is awesome too, cops and robbers mode, team death match! wow its almost overwhelming!!

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
i picked it up for ps3 its amazin so far, so much to do. in retrospect i should have picked it up for 360 cause thats what everyone seems to have. ahh well if anyone has the ps3 version hit me up! and the rasta guy little jacob.... i cant understand a word he freakin says.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^ lmao my buddy with a ps3 said the same thing, except he has to buy a 360 lmao...he keeps telling me how he has a shitty selection of games AND NO ONE is online to play gta 4...this gta 4 is screwing up my nhl 08 and halo 3 skills!

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
dbuzz said:
lol sony...you guys don't confuse yourself. everyone knows xbl is the superior one. everyone knows ps3 graphics are not any better. everyone knows ps3 network won't be free forever. i've seen the ps3 network and i'd rather pay 50$ a year. :laughing:

also tired of hearing people complain about their broken xbox. you knew it was going to break eventually. that's why everyone says to buy a 60$ two year warranty from a local store. take it back, get a new one, all in the same day. no whining, all satisfied.
Oh yea i couldnt have said it better myself....+rep for that one...and no ones starting any console wars, seems like ps3 owners are SUPER defensive :rasta:

Endo

Veteran
i bought it for the shere fact that, ps3 doesnt have very many games (right now) and i wanted somethign to play on the ps3 that i bought and hardly use. xboxlive is tons better than from what ive seen from psn. i think we will be seeing alot of good stuff for the ps3 in the coming months. hopefully psn we wont have to pay for, cause if thats the case count me out. im gonna go play with my wii.... mario kart racing bitches!!!!

W

Wunderkind

Alquonquin(sp?) is so frigging amazing. The first time I saw the city at night I was stunned, it's so jaw droppingly beautiful.

If this is what video games can be, I want to be alive in 500 years to see'em.

SemperAltus

Endo said:
i picked it up for ps3 its amazin so far, so much to do. in retrospect i should have picked it up for 360 cause thats what everyone seems to have. ahh well if anyone has the ps3 version hit me up! and the rasta guy little jacob.... i cant understand a word he freakin says.
i got it for ps3, hit me up... i wanted it for ps3 cuz im getting over my box... and im not down to pay 50 bucks a year for live service when it lags more than the ps3 when i play cod4 online... and also unless it just recently changed ps3 online play is free.

ill find my name i havent palyed it months.

Last edited:

R03

I'm going to have to run out and grab GTAIV for my xbox. Looks like a great game, I've been enjoying GTA since the beginning.

Endo

Veteran
anyone else that has a ps3 have a loading problem? a couple people have been having this problem where it gets stuck on the load game screen. happend to me the other day.. what a pain in the ass. good thing i figured out how to fix it.

semper pm me when you find it.

GDB

Own this on the x360 and its pretty much gonna stay in the disc tray until it's beaten, already playing it more than I care to admit.

If you are just starting out and want to get the machine guns drive over to the right side of the airport and run over the two guards by the guard house. This will give you the machine guns and lots of ammo, rinse repeat.

SemperAltus

GDB said:
Own this on the x360 and its pretty much gonna stay in the disc tray until it's beaten, already playing it more than I care to admit.

If you are just starting out and want to get the machine guns drive over to the right side of the airport and run over the two guards by the guard house. This will give you the machine guns and lots of ammo, rinse repeat.

now when you say machine guns you mean uzi/ smg correct?

Latest posts

Latest posts