What's new

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

• id vote no also, it would decrease price.

Votes: 154 28.3%
  • id vote yes, the increased market will still keep prices up.

Votes: 391 71.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainTrips

Voting either way sends the wrong message imo... Just abstain from voting on prop 19. If prop 19 laid out a clear, fair or level playing field for those that wished to go commercial, id probably vote for it. But since there won't be a level playing field, or no field at all depending on where you live. I will probably just not vote for prop 19, or just not vote. Not like my vote means anything anyway.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^yea im thinking that too..im not voting on this. voting No means im a selfish commercial grower who takes advantage of the sick to make millions (psshh yea right)

but voting Yes means that im a brainless pawn who is contributing to richard lee and the tobacco companies wishes for the monopolization of the marijuana industry. voting Yes means im turning my back on all the growers who have supplied me for years. voting yes means that i cant smoke with my friends under 21. voting yes could possibly spell doom for 215 if 19 takes hold and richard lee creates another initiative to wipe 215 off the books.

MaddsVonF

Voting either way sends the wrong message imo... Just abstain from voting on prop 19. If prop 19 laid out a clear, fair or level playing field for those that wished to go commercial, id probably vote for it. But since there won't be a level playing field, or no field at all depending on where you live. I will probably just not vote for prop 19, or just not vote. Not like my vote means anything anyway.

No disrespect CapTrips, but I have fought too many battles to just give it up by not voting.

I will never cede or pass on my responsibility to vote.

I will take in the info and crack it and form my own opinion of said proposals. I'll be the last man standing trying to tell you how to understand something. There are many factors to this that a lot of people are blind to just because the magic word gets stirred up and people lose their senses.

Vote the way you want. Just vote. A non vote? Damn, don't know if I could sleep after that. But thats just me.

Let's just keep the big picture in mind,,,,,

madds
ftp
30yrs USMC, ret. and growing it.
and yes, Im proud to be an American,
but thank Thor, I have my Danish ancestry.

MaddsVonF

5x5, oh boy.

No on 19

Shite, This is damn near a 5x5 area. 2 plants.

No fricking way I can pop seeds, clone, graft and tinker in this small an area. I'm 215, don't sell to dispensaries and love to tweak my grows

Nope. No 19.

41 years fighting to stay off radar.

I'll vote No. And in the meantime you can count on me to keep doing it the way I want to.

Like it says on the Flag,,,,,,

Don't Tread on Me.

bb57
w/madds

FTP means FreeThePlant,
Don't settle for less.

Attachments

• DSCN2324.jpg
    DSCN2324.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
i know that shooting down this bill sends the wrong message, but theres gotta be an alternative. we are stuck between a rock for sure....voting no on this bill kills the overall cannabis movement, but voting yes kills growers and the counterculture and gives our beloved Mary into the hands of greedy corporations and government for rape!

wtf man..i almost dont even want to vote on this shit at all...i cant vote yes because i just see richard lees greedy evil grin and the fat tobacoo cats licking their chops.

That is like me saying I want everyone to vote YES on Prop 19 because every time I think of anyone paying $60 an eighth I see the greedy evil grins of the growers and dispensary owners.
It is just you using fear.... I refuse to sink that low.

Sure don't vote, or vote NO like all the LEO and Prohibitionists, great company you will keep if you vote NO.

^yea im thinking that too..im not voting on this. voting No means im a selfish commercial grower who takes advantage of the sick to make millions (psshh yea right)

but voting Yes means that im a brainless pawn who is contributing to richard lee and the tobacco companies wishes for the monopolization of the marijuana industry. voting Yes means im turning my back on all the growers who have supplied me for years. voting yes means that i cant smoke with my friends under 21. voting yes could possibly spell doom for 215 if 19 takes hold and richard lee creates another initiative to wipe 215 off the books.

Not only that but I heard evil Richard Lee is creating a genetically modified super Cannabis with 35% THC that he will be giving out almost for free but it makes it so within a month your receptors don't bind to THC anymore unless you buy a special pill from Richard that he will be selling for $100 a pop. And the pill must be taken every week or you can't get high.
Whatever you do don't tell anyone that I have an injectable version that only needs to be given once to restore the receptors....
If you believe this then you need to vote NO it is the only way to stop the evil Richard Lee.
OK I did use fear, even though it was just a joke...
-SamS

Heretic2010

An international/world perspective

An international/world perspective

Thing is, its fairly irrelevant what any country, or state/province within a country does or does not do regarding "legalisation".......................

:ying: Because the UN Conventions drive the whole damn thing.:ying:

So, what is needed is international co-operation and effort:

RECIND THE UN DRUG CONVENTIONS IS THE MEANINGFUL WAY FORWARD, AND THE ONLY SIGNIFICANT WAY FORWARD.

Now, how we go about this is the question...........

as few people appear to be aware that the Conventions apply to virtually all contries {like 99%!} and determine the various "options" in how each country implements the conventions.

Now for the interesting bit: THE LANGUAGE USED IN THE WORDING OF THE CONVENTIONS.............

check 'em out, its incredible - EVIL appears frequently, which is just a wee bit culturally biased???????????????

So, what we have is the Temperance Movement alive and well in the 21st century............. AND I FOR ONE THINK 200 YEAR OLD BULLSHIT IS IRRELEVANT. :wave:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Voting either way sends the wrong message imo... Just abstain from voting on prop 19.

If you abstain from voting and the only people who DO vote are the anti-cannabis people, the media and the government will not say "But what about the 75% who didn't vote? Does this mean we need to re-examine this bill?"

What they will say is, "The people of California have SPOKEN! The majority do NOT want icky-old Marijuana to be legal."

If you think your vote doesn't matter, why not go ahead and vote yes. Doesn't matter, right?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
No fricking way I can pop seeds, clone, graft and tinker in this small an area. I'm 215, don't sell to dispensaries and love to tweak my grows

You're 215 compliant! Your limits are not affected by passage of this bill. You don't have to stick to the 5x5 to grow medical. Only to grow RECREATIONAL! How much can you grow recreationally now? 0x0? Please stop spreading misinformation.

Nope. No 19. 41 years fighting to stay off radar.
Wait. You are 215 complaint, right? You're ON RADAR, homie. You registered with a doctor who is keeping a FILE on you! If this passes you can legally grow 5x5 without telling ANYBODY ANYTHING. If that's not off the radar, what is?

I'll vote No. And in the meantime you can count on me to keep doing it the way I want to.
What would stop you from keeping doing the same way you want to if this is passed? You're 215 compliant, right? SO THIS WON'T AFFECT YOU NEGATIVELY!

FTP means FreeThePlant,
Don't settle for less.
Well, in that case, rip up your 215 rec.

Hypocrite.

MaddsVonF

When the VA reinstates my 30 yrs of earned bennies I lost due to MY choice of medication,
Then you may sway me.

Till then,

No 19.
215 don't mean shite to the Feds.
19? ppphhhhhttttttt
Government? Look who's doing the governing.

Sling away,,,,,,,

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
So, if you have a 215 card, you can have a recreational 5X5 grow as well right?

Well, my 5X5 is trays of clones for my medi grow, so those don't count towards any plant count. Hah!

I'm still curious as to what cops would charge you with for violating prop19 rules: Growing over the limit (charge you with cultivation, or just cultivating excess?) or posession (posession of 2 oz, do they ignore the first oz and charge you with excess?)

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
When the VA reinstates my 30 yrs of earned bennies I lost due to MY choice of medication,
Then you may sway me.

When faced with overwhelming evidence that your position is full of shit... change the subject.

Seen this tactic before, homie.

Try debating with facts rather than emotions.

Try ripping up your Medical Cannabis Card if you want to REALLY show us you mean it.

MaddsVonF

When faced with overwhelming evidence that your position is full of shit... change the subject.

Seen this tactic before, homie.

Try debating with facts rather than emotions.

Try ripping up your Medical Cannabis Card if you want to REALLY show us you mean it.

Cool, when my next round of chemo comes up I'll send ya the bill.
Tanks

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Cool, when my next round of chemo comes up I'll send ya the bill.
Tanks

What happened to this guy?:

FTP means FreeThePlant,
Don't settle for less.

HE won't settle for less than 100% legalization. Seems that by keeping your med card, you're kinda settling for less .... right?

(When you get done pulling your head out of your own ass and your foot out of your own mouth, maybe reconsider your stance, eh?)

CaptainTrips

What happened to this guy?:

HE won't settle for less than 100% legalization. Seems that by keeping your med card, you're kinda settling for less .... right?

(When you get done pulling your head out of your own ass and your foot out of your own mouth, maybe reconsider your stance, eh?)

I think its a matter if you can't get what you want, might as well settle for what you've already got, which is better than prop 19 offers him.

FoxxyDoe

If you abstain from voting and the only people who DO vote are the anti-cannabis people, the media and the government will not say "But what about the 75% who didn't vote? Does this mean we need to re-examine this bill?"

What they will say is, "The people of California have SPOKEN! The majority do NOT want icky-old Marijuana to be legal."

If you think your vote doesn't matter, why not go ahead and vote yes. Doesn't matter, right?

This is also just a scare tactic coming from the "yes" side. A scare tactic I hear a lot assuming we will be going back into the dark ages of cannabis if this bill doesn't pass.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I think its a matter if you can't get what you want, might as well settle for what you've already got, which is better than prop 19 offers him.

But it IS BETTER than what he's got. Current medical laws will be SUPPORTED by the passage of this prop, while relaxing restrictions on NON-MEDICAL users. Passing this bill makes the likelihood of eventual total legalization that much more realistic. Voting against this bill makes the possible repeal of current MMJ laws that much more realistic.

Which is better, considering the options? The possible advancement of the cause or the possible destruction of current protection?

The more PRO-CANNABIS laws that get passed the harder it will be to repeal any individual PRO-CANNABIS law.

And 215 MMJ patients will not lose ANY rights under Prop 19. They'll only benefit from relaxed police attention and increased competition among sellers of everything from clones and seeds to HID lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts