What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Hmong

Veteran
Oh if I may? Do you work in the clone shop?

I helped them get started, but now I am only breeding seeds and let them deal with the average growshop customer.
I like plants more than people, so this business ain't for me.
but working I've handled over 30.000 plants myself, so I seen some things^^

What kind of percentages of clones go to Auto if you had to guess?

I said specifically mother plants!
So only plants that have been in vegetation (18/6) for at least 3 months.
usually the autoflowering starts from getting rootbound in the pot.
it has to do with a certain plant age, in combination with lack of light spectrum in a 365 day indoor setting.

percentage I would say that 90% of Fem seeds out there, will give you autoflowering/3 leafing mothers after 1 year+
Also everything with Haze in it, is very susceptible for stress flowering as Fems, but don't ask me why.

I did many experiments on how to reverse stress flowering and 3 leafing mutations of cuts.
got my methods down now, so in my personal garden I don't have these issues at all.
It's more a problem in commercial setting, where plants don't get individual attention

the best and oldest cuts we have, are exclusively from Regs, like e.g. Chocolope, Somango, White Russian (since 2002)
list is too long, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Greencedar

Both GMG purple and green pheno are doing well. The tree in the background doubled in size over the last two years so my daily sun isn't what it used to be in the alley. We've had high humidity and some big rains over the last couple weeks and no signs of mildew or rot. The green has a nice old school spicy/musky grape smell and the purple is quite fruity. Hopefully I'll have a nice plot of land in my future and I'll get to see these beauties in their glory like VM's. I kept moms so after a smoke I can run the keeper indoors. I just enjoy seeing plants express traits in the sun...

Attachments

• green1.jpg
    green1.jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 48
  • green2.jpg
    green2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • green3.jpg
    green3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • purple.jpg
    purple.jpg
    860.3 KB · Views: 50

vermontman

Both GMG purple and green pheno are doing well. The tree in the background doubled in size over the last two years so my daily sun isn't what it used to be in the alley. We've had high humidity and some big rains over the last couple weeks and no signs of mildew or rot. The green has a nice old school spicy/musky grape smell and the purple is quite fruity. Hopefully I'll have a nice plot of land in my future and I'll get to see these beauties in their glory like VM's. I kept moms so after a smoke I can run the keeper indoors. I just enjoy seeing plants express traits in the sun...
Great to see your progress, If I may Green? What region are you in?
I currently have one more really advanced Grape green pheno just chugging along, I had to take off the two tallest tops because of a touch of mold but the lowers are still looking pretty descent so far, growing out and currently raining again.
Below my last outdoor Grape #8 clone green pheno. Note the last purple bud pic is the same clone grown under blurple LED photographed under normal light. To me it is outstanding the difference in expression and total difference in the morpholigy of the same plant.

MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 030.JPG
MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 032.JPG
MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 033.JPG
GRAPE AND NULANJE HARVEST CF 047.JPG

Last edited:

vermontman

ZACATECAS TRIBUTE
{Oaxacan Gold purple line X Big Sur Holy Weed}
Making it's move.
This is a power house in the Mexican High department. Great production descent mold resistance, right now smelling like floral pine candy.

MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 040.JPG
MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 043.JPG
MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 045.JPG
MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 046.JPG
MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 047.JPG
MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 048.JPG
MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 050.JPG
MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 061.JPG

MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 037.JPG

Attachments

• MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 088.JPG
    MID SEPT UPDATE OAX ZAC GRAPE 088.JPG
    318.7 KB · Views: 23

Greencedar

Thanks for the pic VM. Really cool to see the difference. I'm north of the border at 42N. We've been getting a day of rain a day of sun for the last couple of weeks but it looks like we have a nice hot sunny stretch coming. I have two more phenos going at a friends place in the same soil and I'll try to visit and get some pics soon. I'm really impressed with the bud to leaf ratio on these two grapes. I've only removed a few lower yellow leaves that were shaded by the fence. The top buds are getting heavy...loving it.

vermontman

Thanks for the pic VM. Really cool to see the difference. I'm north of the border at 42N. We've been getting a day of rain a day of sun for the last couple of weeks but it looks like we have a nice hot sunny stretch coming. I have two more phenos going at a friends place in the same soil and I'll try to visit and get some pics soon. I'm really impressed with the bud to leaf ratio on these two grapes. I've only removed a few lower yellow leaves that were shaded by the fence. The top buds are getting heavy...loving it.
You are most welcome Green!
Same Lat as me we could be neighbors!
I love easy trim plants and that has played a very integral part in my plant selection and breeding as much so as high, taste, fragrance, and ease of culture. I certainly will be looking forward to your future post and thank you again.

Last edited:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Yeah, I just checked my timer and sure enough, I had adjusted it for 15 hours on/ 9 off at the end of the spring and forgot to reset it, so that must explain it. The second MG has slightly stunted first leaves which are growing out normally now with the new growth, and that one is also showing stigmas. So I stuck them both in the flowering room and we are off to the races. :) I'll up pot them next week and encourage them to get much bigger too, earlier than I normally would since they seem to be well behaved structurally.