What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
From the RUST Thread. Thought I’d copy and paste. Respect to both of these amazing breeding crews.

This is Zacateca’s Tribute x Old Timer’s Haze. The OTH was a green leaning early flowering male. He carried a lot of that old time hazey spice into the final flower. The ZT scent is present, but it is in accent for now. I note increased resin from the OTH both in this cross and others. The ZT turned the plant into a beast in production.

Thanks Vermontman! Really appreciate the comments. This was a successful pollen chuck with great starting genetics. I did not really conserve seeds (oops on me), so perhaps a clone in the future if I’m very fortunate from this almost spent plant. But I am seeing some lightbulbs in my head and these genetics need to be a part. The bud density is pretty much beyond extreme for nearly pure sativa cross (especially with Old Timer’s Haze male). Between the two, she’s gotten dense with pretty good calyx to leaf. We’ve had some moisture (cyclone bomb rains and crazy mist) of recent. I’m chopping tomorrow maybe a week later than I could have. But I think the effects from this past week will more than make up for it. She’s only now experienced a few small spots of browning. Very nice against botrytis. Chop chop brighty brighty tomorrow.

vermontman

From the RUST Thread. Thought I’d copy and paste. Respect to both of these amazing breeding crews.

This is Zacateca’s Tribute x Old Timer’s Haze. The OTH was a green leaning early flowering male. He carried a lot of that old time hazey spice into the final flower. The ZT scent is present, but it is in accent for now. I note increased resin from the OTH both in this cross and others. The ZT turned the plant into a beast in production.

Awesome!
I find the Zacatecas is a chunky monster on her own but its cool to see how she works with the Old Timers mix in.
Nice and frosty looking forward to a smoke report on your creation.

vermontman

BIG SUR HOLY WEED!
A great contribution to the seeds world by Kagyu!
The mother of ZACATECAS TRIBUTE!
Click image for larger version  Name:	BIG SUR HOLY WEED 018.JPG Views:	272 Size:	102.1 KB ID:	17982312
Click image for larger version  Name:	BIG SUR HOLY WEED 001.JPG Views:	267 Size:	103.3 KB ID:	17982313
Click image for larger version  Name:	BIG SUR HOLY WEED 008.JPG Views:	261 Size:	102.8 KB ID:	17982314
Click image for larger version  Name:	BIG SUR HOLY WEED 011.JPG Views:	263 Size:	93.0 KB ID:	17982315
Click image for larger version  Name:	BIG SUR HOLY WEED 054.JPG Views:	258 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	17982316

Last edited:

Legalcdn

PS at 8 weeks flowering (with graduated light reduction- 15hrs, 14hrs, 13hrs, 12.5hrs) with 12.5hrs currently. No herm issues. I will say, she is fast flowering. I use SCROG, DIY bridgelux gen2 (3000 & 3500 kelvins for 220w), and jacks 5-12-26 at 3gr, 2.5gr cal-nit, .75gr epson salt, and 20ml fulvic acid per gallon. No nute burn at all. Might be 2 weeks left. I dusted one branch with golden tiger. Going to take sampler soon.

Screenshot_20211104-105807_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211104-105631_Gallery.jpg

vermontman

PS at 8 weeks flowering (with graduated light reduction- 15hrs, 14hrs, 13hrs, 12.5hrs) with 12.5hrs currently. No herm issues. I will say, she is fast flowering. I use SCROG, DIY bridgelux gen2 (3000 & 3500 kelvins for 220w), and jacks 5-12-26 at 3gr, 2.5gr cal-nit, .75gr epson salt, and 20ml fulvic acid per gallon. No nute burn at all. Might be 2 weeks left. I dusted one branch with golden tiger. Going to take sampler soon.

Great work Legal!
You actually nailed it! You won't get herms because you followed the indoor flowering Schedule perfectly! The Golden Tiger cross will not need the same light regime, should be fine on 12/12 because of the added genetics. The Baglung Nepali speeds things up greatly.
Thank you for sharing!

Cactus Squatter

Great work Legal!
You actually nailed it! You won't get herms because you followed the indoor flowering Schedule perfectly! The Golden Tiger cross will not need the same light regime, should be fine on 12/12 because of the added genetics. The Baglung Nepali speeds things up greatly.
Thank you for sharing!

Are there any special schedules needed for your other strains? Or just the purple satellite?

MallardDuck

Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience with Vermontman and Green Mountain Seeds. I decided to try my hand at growing some Zacateca Tribute. I threw one female outdoors and ran 1 female and 2 males indoors for a seed run along with an ACE Congo fem. I knew my plants wouldn't finish outside naturally, so I light depped the one outside and was able to get it to successfully finish although I think I chopped a week or 2 early. Better than mold though :shucks: During harvest I was overwhelmed with cedar and spice terps wafting off the stems... I found the buds themselves to smell more of sour lemon, eucalyptus, with a tinge of evil gas in the back. The 2 scents are melding beautifully as they cure. So far the high is exactly what I was hoping... upbeat with that mexican warmness/happyness, I don't find it racy at all but it is sativa for sure, with a very slight comedown that floats you gently back to the ground.

20210921_105925.jpg

20210921_105917.jpg

IMG_20210918_113042_661.jpg

20210923_160206.jpg

I also want to thank Vermontman for supporting a charity event I will be running very soon, he made a very generous donation. It very much speaks to his character IMO. I cant talk much about it here due to site rules, but PM me if you are interested in details.

Attachments

• 20210919_170908.jpg
    20210919_170908.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 62

vermontman

Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience with Vermontman and Green Mountain Seeds. I decided to try my hand at growing some Zacateca Tribute. I threw one female outdoors and ran 1 female and 2 males indoors for a seed run along with an ACE Congo fem. I knew my plants wouldn't finish outside naturally, so I light depped the one outside and was able to get it to successfully finish although I think I chopped a week or 2 early. Better than mold though :shucks: During harvest I was overwhelmed with cedar and spice terps wafting off the stems... I found the buds themselves to smell more of sour lemon, eucalyptus, with a tinge of evil gas in the back. The 2 scents are melding beautifully as they cure. So far the high is exactly what I was hoping... upbeat with that mexican warmness/happyness, I don't find it racy at all but it is sativa for sure, with a very slight comedown that floats you gently back to the ground.

I also want to thank Vermontman for supporting a charity event I will be running very soon, he made a very generous donation. It very much speaks to his character IMO. I cant talk much about it here due to site rules, but PM me if you are interested in details.

Pleased I could help! and thank you so much for your contribution to this thread and other threads. After all we are only as tight as the combination of or threads. though we never met I have always appreciated your contributions to the Cannabis community. Hope that wasn't to sappy!? But certainly well deserved! Great luck with your fund raiser! and,
Thank you D.M.!

mr.pistil

Hello MR!!
Ah great job there!
and thank you for sharing, I have never grown under all white LED except Spectrum King but I wasn't a fan of them. it just may have been my style of growing but your nugs are looking primo! I appreciate seeing well grown plants. Did you put the Satellite right into 12/12?

I started at 18/6 and did a one hour step down every four days until reaching 12/12. No hermies.

vermontman

If I read between the lines correctly a few days back, there will be a drop of the Tribute soon. Yes? Any plans for the Oaxaca Gold and/or BSHW?

Hello mr pistil!
I gifted a substantial amount of fresh seed of Zacatecas Tribute, Purple Satellite, And Green Mountain Grape to family member who will make sure they get to ACE. At this point I do not have any plans to release Oax or BSHW This Oax has the one thing that seperates me from other breeders and I just repro BSHW enough to keep breeding with her.
But I think there is BSHW in circulation?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts