What's new

Grape Ape

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
One other question about Grape Ape, does she have a very dense branching pattern and huge leaves? My cut does and also stays short and full. I also find that even after stretch (which isn't very much), she continues to get taller slowly as the buds grow, so that they don't only grow thicker, but longer. Does that sound familiar to what you guys notice with your cuts?

TGT

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
thinner leaves then one would think but large indeed, and plentiful, yes.
yup. she fills in for sure. the 'stretch' u are refferring to post-initial-flowerset growth-spurt, is better described as 'reach'...she (GA) has very little reach, and stretch, respectively, generally speakin, tho :)

hope this helps :bow:

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Thanks for your input! I do believe it is the 'Grape Ape' cut from what I have heard in this thread and also because the person that gifted me the cut has not been wrong yet. I will post pictures as soon as I get to the grow so that you all can see and let me know if it looks right or not. They are only a foot tall at the moment, but the branching pattern is very dense and it should give a good idea of what she will eventually look like.

I love the smell the best about this cut. It smells exactly like Grape Cool-aid and I find it rare to be able to pin point a smell so exact. Usually weed has a smell of its own and is not usually 100% describable. Thanks again!

TGT

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Now that looks like the Grape Ape beating up people's lungs here in the Bay area!!! Crystaled out dark, dense nuggs like Philly is showin off is a great representation of what we see here. Some of the stuff appears almost black!!

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Looks the same as mine except mine is not as dark as that. Mine is more green, but still darker than most strains. I grow in usually 85 degrees F. so I guess that could be the reason. Was the pic above grown in a cool environment or does it go that color regardless of temp?

TGT

jdkronyk101

the grape ape is a local mendo strain that came out of a dudes backyard and was originally called H.H.F.S(hippie hill fuck shit) no joke. its been around since b4 the erkl. maybee over 8 yrs or so. dont believe the hype its not new.available by clone, if you know the old man(the one with the menu). strains like grape ape(hhfs), u2(kush/lowryder), and big bud(big buddy). any one who has seen this "menu" will recognise the names.in the parenthesis is the menu name given to his so-cal clientel.
the original names are not so flashy,but who cares. seems wierd but sometimes herb is what its sold as, not what it actually(genetically) is..
but the latest hype, is that the grape ape was just recently made by a mendo local who has just recently moved there in the last four yrs. but trust me that stuff has been around for a bit.supposedly since the 70's. originally its from a hill just 5 miles outside of the town of mendocino.
hope this helps
one love
j.d.

jdkronyk101 said:
the grape ape is a local mendo strain that came out of a dudes backyard and was originally called H.H.F.S(hippie hill fuck shit) no joke. its been around since b4 the erkl. maybee over 8 yrs or so. dont believe the hype its not new.available by clone, if you know the old man(the one with the menu). strains like grape ape(hhfs), u2(kush/lowryder), and big bud(big buddy). any one who has seen this "menu" will recognise the names.in the parenthesis is the menu name given to his so-cal clientel.
the original names are not so flashy,but who cares. seems wierd but sometimes herb is what its sold as, not what it actually(genetically) is..
but the latest hype, is that the grape ape was just recently made by a mendo local who has just recently moved there in the last four yrs. but trust me that stuff has been around for a bit.supposedly since the 70's. originally its from a hill just 5 miles outside of the town of mendocino.
hope this helps
one love
j.d.

Thanks for sharing.

I also been smoking the grape ape for over 8 years.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what do you think

the bottom pick is mr nice seeds "shit"....afghan dom skunk x afghan

all cedit to subrob on the first pick.........pure class......have you figured out what it is yet?

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey e-rick, was told by a few diff. peeps, all from up north, that most likely that strain was mendo purps. the guy i recvd the cut from had that also, so its entirely possible.....sub

215 User

:jawdrop:

Got a cut last month from NNMC who carries a few Aporcarthy strains.
Def gon' make a few beans (G.A. x Violator Kush) since I waited a couple of years to get the clone.

:biglaugh:

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
ive had grape ape a few times over now.
it aint all that.

tastes great (no grapes tho).....and, potency isnt all that its cracked up to be. imo anyways.
need to smoke a bit more to getcha there but once you finally DO arrive....the ride's pretty nice. (narcotic and fumbly...kinda fun)
nothing worthy of the hype, tho, imo.
your typical purple.
90% look alot better than they are.
but all seem to taste really good.

Grape Ape

hope all is well with everyone.

-h.c-
:joint:

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
E. Rick - The Grape Ape is a decent strain for those who cant get the better purps. It has a real strong taste of grapes and does purple up pretty good but the high is lackluster compared to the GDP, Purple Kush, or Urkle. Those 3 have it beat hands down as far as punch. It is easier to clone and grow than the Urkle or PK but you give up other aspects for that ease of growing. If you can grab one of the other 3, you wont think about the Ape again. Trust!

oldtoker

what i know

grandaddy purple

purple urkle x sk#1

grape ape

granddaddy purple x skunk1 bx

thats all im sure im not right so lets not even bother but if u want to know my 2 cents there it is.