What's new

GOT_BUD? grows

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
#11 - I pulled a couple dead leaves off of her, and got hit square in the face with an unmistakable strawberry smell. Just delicious. I'm going to keep my eye on this one.
View Image

View Image

And rounding out the room are 2 SSSDH x GROM/Digiberry clones. Same plants as in the tent.
View Image

And now the tent
View Image

Random close ups. Nothing too exciting yet at day 29. She was a late bloomer last time with the trichs, but quickly made up ground. And so far, quick inspection reveals no ball sacs on the lower leaves.

View Image

Seems the medium is very dry. some leaves are yellow. maybe they will need more water?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's just the top of the soil that's dry. When I push my hand down to the next layer, it's just about perfect moisture wise. I really need to get my cover crop going in there again. And assemble my blumats.

If you look back through the thread, you'll find out they've had a rough start. They are recovering nicely now. Good green growth up top and they're starting to send out lateral branches more. The dying leaves are leftover from the transplant.

By next weekend they'll have recovered entirely and look like completely different plants. They're in the big pots now so it's pretty much cruise control until harvest.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 39 in the tent. They are starting to frost up. Now the fun begins as they fill in over the next 4-5 weeks. Not too much in the smell department yet. But there is a certain rankness to the tent that ends on a berry note.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And the Strawberry Glue as you can see is doing well in the 25 gallon pots. I still need to get my ass in gear on the Blumats and cover crop. But once again life gets in the way of best laid plans.

picture.php

picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cuttings of everybody in my filthy cloning area. The ones in front just hanging out in the tray are what I call my "peekers". I can pull them out of the water and see if roots have developed without disturbing the cuttings I'm trying to keep. 6 days old and #11 peeker has a root!
picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I stumbled upon a company I had forgotten about last night while wandering around the innerwebs, and made an impulse purchase on something I've been wanting for a while in an attempt to up my clone game.

I was thinking of building an aero cloner initially. And you can buy a complete system that looks like it will work well for $70, or build something similar out of $20-$30 worth of plumbing parts and an then buy an aquarium pump. Both of which would work fine, and have proven themselves time and time again.

But I'm a cheap SOB, and time is something I've come to value a lot more now that I have less of it to do what I want during the day. So I really didn't want to build something, and if I could find a cheaper alternative I'd be all for it.

Little bit of backstory - there was a growing style I investigated for a while when I was having issues with hydro before I made the switch to LOS a couple years ago called fogponics. It uses ultrasonic drivers to create a fog of nutrients that surround the plant roots. The main problem with it is the drivers are either really cheap and fail frequently, or made really well and are pricey.

The company I re-stumbled upon is no exception. They are regarded as the best in the business and some of their bigger systems can run a few hundred dollars.

But now they offer a single head of their system for $30 with a float. And for a cloner that is perfect. Especially if their demo video is at all accurate in it's representation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwz3a7pwHWM

I also ordered up some Hormex rooting solution that a few guys on here have been having incredible results with in their cloners. $15 for 8oz off of amazon, it's worth a shot. I'm sure some of you have seen the picture of the clones with what looks like a fuzzy caterpillars of roots at the bottom of the cuttings after 8(?) days.

I've got a roughneck tote that will fit perfectly into my cloning area and hold a couple gallons of water. I need to drill some holes in the lid to fit the collars I have. And I'm in business.

When I get it set up I'll clean up the Strawberry Glues and use a bunch of lowers as test clones to see if it works.

Last edited:

Fitzera

I'm in the market to build my own as well, now I'm going to hold off a bit to see how this works for you. That's interesting and fun at the same time!

I can see myself making home humidifiers now too for the winter months, seems a much better option than most store bought ones.

thailer

i have a few ultrasonic foggers i use for a diy humidifier. i bought a bunch of singles and add them to increase the humidity. works awesome.

wanted to leave you a rep comment but it wouldn't let me but just wanted to tell you that a few pages back, your haircut is perfect. i've been witnessing some drastic lady shaves and defoliating that is shocking to me to see. i just wanted to say nice work.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm in the market to build my own as well, now I'm going to hold off a bit to see how this works for you. That's interesting and fun at the same time!

I can see myself making home humidifiers now too for the winter months, seems a much better option than most store bought ones.
If nothing else, I'll serve as a bad example. :biggrin:
i have a few ultrasonic foggers i use for a diy humidifier. i bought a bunch of singles and add them to increase the humidity. works awesome.

wanted to leave you a rep comment but it wouldn't let me but just wanted to tell you that a few pages back, your haircut is perfect. i've been witnessing some drastic lady shaves and defoliating that is shocking to me to see. i just wanted to say nice work.
Thank you. Glad to see your SIPs are coming back nicely as well.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just going back through this thread and realizing the Strawberry Glue are almost 16 weeks old. And just how much abuse I put them through.

Look at how sad they are at 13 weeks.
picture.php

And a mere 3 weeks later in good soil how they've exploded.
picture.php

I'm thinking I need to flip these very soon to flower. If they double in size I might be in trouble. I might actually have to use the lids for my cages.

ETA - Yup. Made the decision to change the light schedule to 12/12. Tonight they get 12 hours of darkness for the first time.

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And we are off to the races! Interested in what you find in that Strawberry Glue. Could be kill. :joint:

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And we are off to the races! Interested in what you find in that Strawberry Glue. Could be kill. :joint:

dank.Frank
I'm hoping I find at least one keeper out of these. If not, I've got some older Karma stuff I'll be trying next that a certain someone gifted me. :biggrin:

genetic freaked

Veteran
Looking good brother.. We all have that one strain that seems to give us issues. But those are the strains that you find a keeper in and you know they can take a beating lol

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good brother.. We all have that one strain that seems to give us issues. But those are the strains that you find a keeper in and you know they can take a beating lol

It's not the arrow. It's the indian.

I'll chalk it up to still learning how to grow in dirt. By all accounts the SG should have been an easy strain to grow.

Own it. Learn from it. Move on. Although I really do prefer the Chinese way of saying it - Fall down 7 times. Get up 8.

nickman

Veteran
They really took off since that last picture...!!!...

I hope you find something nice that makes this long ass wait more worth the wait...!!!... :tiphat:...

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Just going back through this thread and realizing the Strawberry Glue are almost 16 weeks old. And just how much abuse I put them through.

Look at how sad they are at 13 weeks.
View Image

And a mere 3 weeks later in good soil how they've exploded.
View Image

I'm thinking I need to flip these very soon to flower. If they double in size I might be in trouble. I might actually have to use the lids for my cages.

ETA - Yup. Made the decision to change the light schedule to 12/12. Tonight they get 12 hours of darkness for the first time.

wow, you made them alive again. Good to see that. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts