What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GOT_BUD? grows

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Forward march!!! I'm right there with you! I can't even talk smack.

dank.Frank

I'm so wiped out one of the guys tried to rile me up (in good natured way) today and all I could do was shake my head and walk away. "I don't have the energy to deal with your shit today, Jared."

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SSSDH x GROM/Digiberry #5 clones day something or other. Doesn't really matter. I'll flip them when they're ready.

picture.php

Going to set up my blumats today and probably top the bigger two on the left.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I may have screwed the pooch with the Strawberry Glue. They are not recovering very well at all. I noticed that the "organic mix" I put them into seems to hold an incredible amount of moisture. As in, I haven't had to water them since I transplanted them 10 days ago. And it's winter in the Midwest which means the air is drier than a popcorn fart.

The soil should have dried out after 5 or 6 days. :unamused:

Because of this setback, I'm going to go ahead and take some cuts and get some clones going so I can get the room up and running again, hopefully within the next 4 weeks. This will actually be a good test because of the environmental issues I had last round and the changes I've made to hopefully mitigate them.

I'll need to find some Black Gold seedling mix before I attempt to grow more from seed because that seems to be the only stuff that ever works for me.

In other news, the tent is looking good for the moment. Set up the Blumats and getting them dialed in. They were dumping quite a bit of water at first, even after setting them up. So some fine tuning is still required before I put the net up.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Tent looks pretty good. Once they get tall enough I'll put in the screen and clean up the lowers a bit. I really wish the two on the right would catch up because the two on the left are going to be monsters. I'm anticipating a doubling in size when they stretch.

Flip will happen within the next week or two.

The seedlings are not recovering. I'm not sure what's happening. I'm going to keep trying different things to try and help them recover because I've got nothing to lose at this point.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you tried setting them on a heat source just over night - on top of an air duct or radiator, etc, etc.

I have the same thing going on, except with my clones. Things are just stalling out, even rooted clones taken for mothers. I just need to get things a tad bit warmer. Working on that adjustment.

The tent bed is looking good. One of these days, I'll trust automation enough to get a rain barrel and a pump on a timer, etc. Automating water is a big risk though. That's how floods happen.

I remember, Phillthy had a water spigot in his room. LOL. Water hose hooked up to it. Built right in. LOL. Brilliant, until the hose sprung a leak. His room was sealed so tight, he said it filled up like a swimming pool!!!

With every perk and luxury, it seems like you increase risk, by creating a point of potential failure.

Worst case scenario, I kick the bucket and splash some water on the floor. Worst case scenario, the pump timer doesn't kick off and it pumps the entire reservoir all over the floor. :joint:

:lurk:

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My reservoir for the blumats is a 5 gallon bucket that I fill up every other day.

If I have a runaway, the bed is sealed up for the living soil. It's also sitting in a waterproof liner in the bottom of the tent that's about 4 inches deep.

Fitzera

I use a large garbage can as a res, for 2 reasons...its easy to keep topped up once a week or two, and I work away so it's works out better for me. I have had a runaway but heres what i found in my scenario:
I let the res get quite low, maybe a 5gal pail worth, and when i refilled it i believe the change in hydrostatic pressure is what caused the runaway.
I was lucky that the res wasnt very full at the time. After keeping it at a consistent level I didnt have any issues.
So I believe that as long as your pressure stays constant, you shouldnt have any issues with runaways. I also didnt put a bleeder on the end of the line, but never had any air bubble issues.

nickman

Veteran
Beds looking great brother...!!!...

That’s too bad about those seedlings... it really sucks when unexpected things like that happen... it really puts a damper on things...!!!...

At least you’ve got the bed going...

:tiphat:... happy holidays too buddy...!!!...

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Looks like the beds just about to pop off, tuned in to watch the progress!

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you tried setting them on a heat source just over night - on top of an air duct or radiator, etc, etc.

I have the same thing going on, except with my clones. Things are just stalling out, even rooted clones taken for mothers. I just need to get things a tad bit warmer. Working on that adjustment.

The tent bed is looking good. One of these days, I'll trust automation enough to get a rain barrel and a pump on a timer, etc. Automating water is a big risk though. That's how floods happen.

I remember, Phillthy had a water spigot in his room. LOL. Water hose hooked up to it. Built right in. LOL. Brilliant, until the hose sprung a leak. His room was sealed so tight, he said it filled up like a swimming pool!!!

With every perk and luxury, it seems like you increase risk, by creating a point of potential failure.

Worst case scenario, I kick the bucket and splash some water on the floor. Worst case scenario, the pump timer doesn't kick off and it pumps the entire reservoir all over the floor. :joint:

:lurk:

dank.Frank
I've been monitoring the temps where the seedlings live. Lights on 72-73*, lights off 62*.

I don't think the temp is the issue. I think the issue is toxic shock they aren't recovering from. I'll move my seedling mat into there though and see if that helps. I also gave them a light feeding to see if that helps.

I'm giving them another week until my new bags of seedling mix show up. If no improvement, I'll scrap them and start over.

Sucks, but it's my own fault. Own it. Learn from it. Move on.

On a side note, I was browsing through my instagram feed when I saw someone complaining about the quality of the weed they grew and tried to blame the breeder instead of owning their shitty growing. Saying the seeds were somehow to blame for the bud burning black and tasting horrible.:crazy:

Now I get that story Frank told about $Mike (iirc) refusing to sell a new grower some seeds.

Funny thing is, the "breeder" the grower was complaining about doesn't sell seeds. They grow for their retail locations only. Dude bought bogus seeds.:laughing:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, that was $mike - I learned something that day too. Many things, actually. Funny to see something like that play out in real time though. Wisdom of the game.

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I bought my Quantum boards I kind of goofed. I didn't realize that the heatsinks HLG has made for the quantum boards actually will hold 2 of the QB11's. I bought 4 630 nm boards and 4 heatsinks. So I still have room for 4 more QB11 boards.

I'm thinking of getting 4 more QB11's, but in 660 nm and putting them on a separate timer so I can take advantage of the Emerson effect.

I know there's a couple of you out there with the far red initiator LEDs. Have you noticed a difference in size or quality with the addition of 660 nm? How about flowering times?

My MBxNYCD finishes in 45 days under LED. Would adding the 660 get me down to 40-42? Because that would be crazy. A strain that finishes in under 6 weeks.

I really should put this cut into other people's hands and see what they get out of it.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a cash croppers dream...LOL. You are going to make me build another room yet. One for me - and one for everyone else. :joint:

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's tempting. If I can't pull 2# a cycle I'm just about wasting time. I want to get to the point I'm consuming MOSTLY only rosin. I really do like flower, but I want to graduate to the 70% club.

I've done the math. Figure, if you can manage a 15% return. 15g per every 100g of material. 1 pound is "only" about 60g of rosin. The goal has always been 2# return because I figure that is what I need to maintain an uninterrupted supply of extract.

dank.Frank

MedFaced

I know there's a couple of you out there with the far red initiator LEDs. Have you noticed a difference in size or quality with the addition of 660 nm? How about flowering times?

I just recently switched out my 3000k for the far reds on my qb. It’s my 1st run through using them though. I won’t base an opinion this run because I’m messing around a bit and experimenting but was planning on testing them on some more familiar strains/grow style in the future.

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the XB200 have far red as one of their spectrums as well, fwiw. While I don't have a different LED comparison to make with them, I suppose I will "tell" a difference?

dank.Frank

G

Happy New Year from the front range, Got Bud! I'd love hang out and watch this from the foothills. I'll be sitting in the nose bleed section. :jump:

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
First the tent. Everything looking good. Wish I could get the humidity higher than 45%, but that's not going to happen in an unfinished basement with concrete walls. Going to be flipping the lights and adding the second row of trellis this weekend. And I keep thinking I want to let these go longer than 70 days this time.

picture.php

And more good news. After almost killing them, the Strawberry Glue are finally starting to rebound. Now I know what you're thinking, "Holy crap. Those look like shit!" And you're right. But they look a boatload better than they did a week ago, and they're doing better every day. :biggrin:

picture.php

Hopefully in a week or so they'll be healthy enough to taking cuttings of.