What's new

GOT_BUD? grows

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 48 12/12 in the tent. She's starting to form calyxes and swell up. I'm thinking at least 80 days with her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Side shot
picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strawberry Glue is looking good at day 6 of 12/12. All cuttings have rooted, so I have 3 backups of each girl right now.:biggrin: I really need to get in there and shave their legs. (picture was taken right before I watered them)

picture.php

And the two SSSDH x Grom/Digiberry clones. One thing I've noticed with her is she takes a long time to establish herself in a new home. But when she's comfortable in her new digs, she EXPLODES!!

picture.php

And even though she's tough to see in the pic, there is a single Strawberry Glue clone in the pot in the bottom of the picture. Just a couple of leaves and some starter roots just to see how she'd do from clone box to 12/12. She laid down for a good 48 hours under the more intense lighting. But this morning she perked back up. I'll take better picture of her in the coming weeks as she progresses.

nickman

Veteran
Things are looking great over here...!!!...

It’s unbelievable the difference from just a few weeks ago... those SG are looking better and better every time I see you update your thread...!!!...

That tent has a forest in there...!!!... very nice brother...

I’m glad your still running that SSSDH x GROM/Digiberry ...!!!...
:tiphat:...

moritzst

hey, sorry to say but something went wrong with those plants, such buds on day 50 are not good..... maybe locked out by salt builtup....more flushing next time

greez

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Moritzst - ummmm. okay. YOU DO NOT flush an organic media. You're not going to wash amendments out of the soil as they are physically present and slowly decaying, which contributes to nutrition. Sure at the end of the day, there is an ionic form of the element present, which is what you are calling a "salt" - but that soil is certainly not causing any lockout. I appreciate you having the willingness to speak out rather than just pat someone on the back, but I think you're reading the scenario incorrectly based on your growing techniques compared to his own.

It's just the phenotype of the variety he is running, my take on things. It's always possible I am wrong, but those plants look like a picture of health. You'd see lockout symptoms on the leaves in many different ways.

dank.Frank

moritzst

or maybe you got light pollution... its hard to say from a few pics,.... we all made mistakes, i myself dumped whole growtents in the past.... well, still u got something to smoke but i see u can do better...keep it up

greez

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
or maybe you got light pollution... its hard to say from a few pics,.... we all made mistakes, i myself dumped whole growtents in the past.... well, still u got something to smoke but i see u can do better...keep it up

greez

It looks like I get to come in here and eat crow and apologize to you.

It's been 18 days since the last update, and they haven't done shit!:cuss: The soil just isn't ready yet. If you remember my soil test, I was high in both potassium and magnesium. So I need to grow something that will eat up that excess. Anybody got any ideas? Maybe I'll just throw a few of the excess SG clones in there and not count on that crop growing well either...

The big room looks good though. Strawberry Glue is developing some good looking flowers and the frost is starting to arrive. :dance013: And the same clones that are in the tent caught up to the Strawberry Glue like I knew it would.

I'll get pics up sometime this weekend.

moritzst

hey, i often had nutrient-complications on soil indoors, thats why i dont do that anymore... every medium has its trickyness and also every strain. i still run into problems sometimes doin a new strain even though coco reacts a lot faster, so i can undo mistakes quite quick...still you could try flushing the soil,... of course aroma is exklusiv on organic soil...
greez

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey, i often had nutrient-complications on soil indoors, thats why i dont do that anymore... every medium has its trickyness and also every strain. i still run into problems sometimes doin a new strain even though coco reacts a lot faster, so i can undo mistakes quite quick...still you could try flushing the soil,... of course aroma is exklusiv on organic soil...
greez

It's a bed. No way to flush it out.

It's the second crop out of that bed of soil. It's often said that you won't get really good results until your 4th or 5th as everything settles in and everything starts working together as it should. I was optimistic due to how well they grew in veg and started out in flower.

The good news is this plant has proven to be a true female. The seed plant got stressed and threw male flowers, as did her two siblings. The environmental issues were addressed in that room, and the two clones so far have grown spectacularly in what I considered the worst spot in that room. Proving at least to me the issue has been addressed correctly.

I need to make the decision whether or not to keep this plant going in the tent. Or cut my losses and put the extra Strawberry Glue clones I have to see how they fare and to keep the soil going. Part of the issue I might have now might be due to the bed going unused for a couple of months while I waited for clones to fill it. I kept it watered for the worms, but I'm sure quite a bit of microbiology went dormant or perished.

Last edited:

nickman

Veteran
It's a bed. No way to flush it out.

It's the second crop out of that bed of soil. It's often said that you won't get really good results until your 4th or 5th as everything settles in and everything starts working together as it should. I was optimistic due to how well they grew in veg and started out in flower.

The good news is this plant has proven to be a true female. The seed plant got stressed and threw male flowers, as did her two siblings. The environmental issues were addressed in that room, and the two clones so far have grown spectacularly in what I considered the worst spot in that room. Proving at least to me the issue has been addressed correctly.

I need to make the decision whether or not to keep this plant going in the tent. Or cut my losses and put the extra Strawberry Glue clones I have to see how they fare and to keep the soil going. Part of the issue I might have now might be due to the bed going unused for a couple of months while I waited for clones to fill it. I kept it watered for the worms, but I'm sure quite a bit of microbiology went dormant or perished.

That’s too bad man...!!!...
that may have been your problem, waiting for months with nothing in there ???
That’s one of the main reasons I get too nervous to reuse my soils... my used containers of soil always get too dried out from sitting around...!!...

Well, actually I’ve got a few chemOG’s & WWxBB that I did put in used soil... I just added a tiny bit of fresh soil back and then the usual dry amendments...!!!...
so far so good, we’ll see what happens...

I hope u can get it figgersd out though before u end up losing another crop...!!!...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sitting here watching - some what stumped because I've never experienced that before. Will watch and learn how you address it, but, I'm still not sure it's the soil to begin with...

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sitting here watching - some what stumped because I've never experienced that before. Will watch and learn how you address it, but, I'm still not sure it's the soil to begin with...

dank.Frank

So far I've just been letting them do their thing. Still not filling out, though the plants are starting to fade. Top third of the plants the leaves have severely taco'd.

I'm still waffling on taking them down and throwing my extra Strawberry Glue clones in there. I need to make that decision soon before the clones get too rootbound.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO those buds with the single canoed leafs look overfed. I could be wrong, maybe am but... I would ph adjust some water between 5.8-6.2 and use it for a week or 2 and see what happens. I've recently found that less is more. I could be wrong but what do you have to lose at this point. No dis intended bro.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO those buds with the single canoed leafs look overfed. I could be wrong, maybe am but... I would ph adjust some water between 5.8-6.2 and use it for a week or 2 and see what happens. I've recently found that less is more. I could be wrong but what do you have to lose at this point. No dis intended bro.

None taken.

I don't have any pH down though. I normally use straight RO water.

I'm taking any and all suggestions here.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For ph down, if you dont have actual ph down by name. You can use a ml at a time of general hydro organics flower nutes. Or some type of nutrient for flower. It's a very strong ph down. If you don't use too much it will barely raise the ppm number. I have a big ol bottle of ph down. But I only used it a cpl times. Prefer the nutes to lower the ph. I also use a digital pen to tell me what the ph is in the water. I Also use a wand (truncheon) for keeping tabs of ppm of the water I use. Which rarely exceeds 400 ppm. I even utilize one of those probes that measures ph/temp/ppm in the soil. "K.I.S.S with a twist"
That's what I got-bud. Hope it helps and you reap the rewards.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These pictures are a few days old. You can see how canoed the leaves are.

picture.php

All 4 plants are like this. Starts about halfway up and gets to where it is now.

Compared to their sisters in the big room

picture.php

And the Strawberry Glue is coming along nicely.
picture.php

Also got some fruits and vegetables started.

picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's different between the soil in the bed with the 4 and the soil in the larger pots in the other flowering area?

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's different between the soil in the bed with the 4 and the soil in the larger pots in the other flowering area?

dank.Frank

1 20 lb. bag of mushroom compost and 3 grows.

Thinking back on it the first few grows in the big room were less than spectacular. It wasn't until the 4th grow, the last one, that things started to turn around and plants started growing really well.

When I put up another area, i'm going to follow your recipe.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've decided I'm pulling the plug on the tent plants this weekend. I'll put the remaining Strawberry Glue clones I have in there and let them do their thing.

I'll go ahead and count this next grow as a loss so that if I do harvest anything worthwhile, it'll be a surprise.

If nothing else, I'll hopefully get a couple ounces of kief off of these.