What's new

GorillaBubble bx2 - PPKed

Mr. Miyagi

sorry MrM, didn't see this... veg... they were about 30 days from seed and were 'vegged' under 4, 2' t5s before they were transplanted and put under 12/12 the same day.. I had/have time constraints... 3 more weeks... not going to be much but expecting allot..:biggrin:

LOL I feel ya... pondering flipping the switch myself.... just waiting for the plants to heal, and seeing if the clones root... then the moms are gonna get flipped like a big-titty milf!:tiphat:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
shim, sham.. if I raise the control rez (CR) or anything for that matter, it will increase gap and I'll have less water to pulse.. (too late any way but lets talk) if I could lower the CR, that would help but I'd have to cut a hole in the slab of my house.. no, gotta draw the line at cutting holes in the walls. I could raise the tent floor coupla inches but I'd loose headspace I already don't have...av8tor... every 15 minutes.. .25galx4=duh! will return to 3.5 gallon bottom rez (BR) and 4 gallon (16"x10"x7") top pot (TP).. pay attention a build a proper uni-tub (UT) ->float/pulse pump combo rez. hey 9, that 7/32" hole.. 1 more 32nd to 1/4".??. i'll do the 7/32, just asking.. more math I'll bet.. did I tell you my sister has a phd in math?? other than that, shesa box of rocks.. no insinuation intended..

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
here are some pics of 3 more (11 seed starts total) GB Bx2s that went into the shot glass 9/5... and now, 26 days from seed.. GBj is something different.. donno good or bad but longer more slender, lighter colored leaves... this one shot up (stretched) quickly and needed support until today. as compare to the other two, that look more indica/SB leaning... but who knows where all this is going to take me.. have some BlueGorillaBubble on the way.. next start will be ??? 12/15, I hope... <BGB

Attachments

• GBj 26 days from seed.jpg
    GBj 26 days from seed.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 19
  • GBj 26 days from seed (5).jpg
    GBj 26 days from seed (5).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 17
  • GBj 26 days from seed (4).jpg
    GBj 26 days from seed (4).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 20
  • GBj 26 days from seed (2).jpg
    GBj 26 days from seed (2).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 19
  • GBi GBk.jpg
    GBi GBk.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 19
  • GBi GBk (5).jpg
    GBi GBk (5).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 14

Globule

What could possibly go wrong with all of us on your team rooting for you? (pardon the pun)

Go forth and grow like no one is watching Snooks!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
moving right along, I'll put up pics of the 4 in bloom just before the cut in 7 days (70) but for now, coupla pics of the last 3 germed.. and the last 2 of GBb which has been sexed, F, cloned and now the mom.. she will be in my next run.. have never had a plant hold onto bloom as long as this one.. and darker than anything I've ever grown.. anyway, new girls have been running on 450ppms of Nova Bloom and are today at day 36 from seed going to 600 PPMs of Jacks+CN... They all look happy and healthy as hell... my compliments to the breeder..:tiphat:

Attachments

• GBk.jpg
    GBk.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 19
  • GBj.jpg
    GBj.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 17
  • GBi.jpg
    GBi.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 17
  • GBi GBj GBk e4.jpg
    GBi GBj GBk e4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 19
  • GBb Mom.jpg
    GBb Mom.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 17
  • GBg Mom2.jpg
    GBg Mom2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 19

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Recently I had given some thought to giving up the PPK and running Shallow Water Culture to gain some headroom :moon:.. I gave that idea up and also gave up tent growing in favor of partitioning off an 8'x8'x8' section of the 10'x13' bedroom (gaining 15 inches of headroom and sqfeet of floor space).. In house construction will prevent starting the next run until about 1/1/17 but will provide me with the time to construct the 8x8 slowly with forethought and planning.. but once constructed, 6 plants instead of 4 featuring GB, BGB and sweet skunk.. it will provide more headroom and will try the 650w LED again.. more to come..:tiphat:

av8or

That's exciting! I love expanding! Just bought DEs for the first time and now I want more headroom, too.

What made you decide against shallow water culture? I always imagined that if I didn't have a plant count restriction that I'd want to do Heath's flooded tube setup. That's like a rexirculating shallow water culture, yeah? You could rid the design of the water chiller with proper fluming I would think. I dunno....that's a lot of cloning.

Globule

Woot! Way to go Snooks!
Looking forward to watching the build coming along bro.

I can highly recommend finding a little bit of space in the construction budget for some foil-lined insulation boards or similar, to insulate the entire room.

I used an Australian brand called Foilboard to line the room-within-a-roomin my garage and it pays off big time when summer/winter temps hit. Walking out of my growspace in the height of summer or low of winter, I high-five myself at how damn smart I was to use it :biggrin:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
That's exciting! I love expanding! Just bought DEs for the first time and now I want more headroom, too.

What made you decide against shallow water culture? I always imagined that if I didn't have a plant count restriction that I'd want to do Heath's flooded tube setup. That's like a rexirculating shallow water culture, yeah? You could rid the design of the water chiller with proper fluming I would think. I dunno....that's a lot of cloning.
I read yankeetransplants thread SWC.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=318155
he used a chiller but concluded it wasn't necessary.
why did I decide to stay with PPKs?? I JUST SCREENED ALL THE TURFACE FOR THE FIRST TIME!:biggrin:
well, that's one of the reasons.. the others.. been running the PPKs for ??? 6 years or so in the tent, 6'9" height... with stacked buckets and light dangling from the ceiling gave me less than 3 ft to grow in.. SWC starts at 2" off the floor, I was gaining 15" or so. the decision to partition off a bigger space and the full 8' to the ceiling also gave me about 15" more vertical growing space and no new learning curve.. and the thread also left me with questions that he (yankeetransplnt) didn't/wouldn't answer.. although I am trying his cloning process. It has worked so far but then I have to open, rinse off perlite and vermiculite and put to turface.. also trying his technique with turface and a 6pack PPK that holds 6 Styrofoam coffee cups w little thermoloam wicks that contain turface in a 4 gallon sterilite tub.. no results yet....

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Woot! Way to go Snooks!
Looking forward to watching the build coming along bro.

I can highly recommend finding a little bit of space in the construction budget for some foil-lined insulation boards or similar, to insulate the entire room.

I used an Australian brand called Foilboard to line the room-within-a-roomin my garage and it pays off big time when summer/winter temps hit. Walking out of my growspace in the height of summer or low of winter, I high-five myself at how damn smart I was to use it :biggrin:
like this? this is one of 10 of these I'll use to make the walls of the 8'x8' space. doors will also be 24" wide but fashioned to only 6' tall with a 2' fixed header and will be lift out, no hinges..
1&5/8" metal studs with 4'x8' insulation board ripped at 24" doubled up fit inside the metal studs with ends make a nice 2 foot partition.. they will fit into a track on the ceiling and floor and be first ducktaped together and the reinforced with 1/4" plywood.
EDIT: the pic isn't the best, sorry..

Attachments

• 000_0235[1].jpg
    000_0235[1].jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 18

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I've wanted to do similar, but worry about light leaks..maybe once I'm able to completely separate veg and flower
duck taping the joints ala taping plaster-board should take care of any light leaks.. the 8'x8' will have a partition at about 6' for veg and bloom leaving a 2'x8' lung room, 2'x2' of that will be for clones, early veg will be outside the room..

Globule

yep dems the ones! nice shiny foilboard mmmm...

... sorry just needed a couple minutes to my self there hehe

Why no hinges though? means you can't use a handle with a lock doesn't it?
Why not just hinge the door to swing outwards and then you can use a handle with a lock on it.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
yep dems the ones! nice shiny foilboard mmmm...

... sorry just needed a couple minutes to my self there hehe

Why no hinges though? means you can't use a handle with a lock doesn't it?
Why not just hinge the door to swing outwards and then you can use a handle with a lock on it.
lock is on the door the partitions will be in... hinges are the Achilles heal of any build of mine.. have found that a drop in door is easier to make and seal preventing light leaks.. a little flange on each of the outside edges of each door panel and negative air pressure will keep it in place.. I fashioned similar doors on my clone cab years ago and am still happy with the simplicity of it..

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The PPK isn't the best solution for a height challenged grow space.... DE lights arent either. But glorious together when space and budget allow

av8or

lock is on the door the partitions will be in... hinges are the Achilles heal of any build of mine.. have found that a drop in door is easier to make and seal preventing light leaks.. a little flange on each of the outside edges of each door panel and negative air pressure will keep it in place.. I fashioned similar doors on my clone cab years ago and am still happy with the simplicity of it..

Same here. I buy those pre-hung doors and pop those in like regular construction. I'm thinking about switching to sliding glass doors, though. I bet they seal better. And then you don't have a door swinging about, getting in the way.

Latest posts

Latest posts