What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GorillaBubble bx2 - PPKed

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
apparently you have! after my last vertical bare bulb mogul socket grow i converted to ac/de fixtures which pretty much require horizontal mounting.

i'm changing styles after 12 years. the ac/de's are very efficient over a 5x5 screen so scrog it is.

i've done some limited scrogging before but in small spaces with the screen mostly attached to the wall.
Ok then, I'll be waiting for your pearls of wisdom on scroging.

Mrrite008

can you "reefer" me to a pic of one of those?

Sure, heres a edited photo found online. These have 90° elbows along with 4-way pvc furniture fittings. I like this design for single large plant scrogs. Heres a link for the 4 ways, if they can not be sourced locally. I hope it gives you an idea that can be implemented into your latest ppk build.

http://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/4-way-pvc-fitting-1.html?gclid=CKfmkrbX6NECFQtWDQod1tMK5g

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-29-18-44-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-29-18-44-18.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 38

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Sure, heres a edited photo found online. These have 90° elbows along with 4-way pvc furniture fittings. I like this design for single large plant scrogs. Heres a link for the 4 ways, if they can not be sourced locally. I hope it gives you an idea that can be implemented into your latest ppk build.

http://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/4-way-pvc-fitting-1.html?gclid=CKfmkrbX6NECFQtWDQod1tMK5g
I've seen the 1.25" 4 ways but didn't think they made them for smaller PVC.. Thanks Mrrite:tiphat:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
couple of pics. 2 from about a month ago and 2 from today.

hard to individualize each plant but all doing well.
37 days into bloom. 3-4 more weeks! better get out the string.
next run there will be another scrog level (3) or I do better with the first screen..

EDIT: actually pic#1 is one month earlier than #3 & #4 are .. I'm happy with the progress..

Attachments

• 010717 001.jpg
    010717 001.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 011217 004.jpg
    011217 004.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 020717 all.jpg
    020717 all.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 020717 DS.jpg
    020717 DS.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 41

av8or

So we're all scrogging now? Nice! Looks good, brother. Saw your comment just now from a while back and yeah, bags are packed. I've retired from "needing" to grow (well, I've literally retired, too). I'm still growing but I don't log on anymore. If I have a question, I call and ask some of the original PPKer's here in Indoor Weed Mecca. I might add a few comments here or there on D9's final thread. I still keep hoping the apprentice will overtake the master someday....someday indeed.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
So we're all scrogging now? Nice! Looks good, brother. Saw your comment just now from a while back and yeah, bags are packed. I've retired from "needing" to grow (well, I've literally retired, too). I'm still growing but I don't log on anymore. If I have a question, I call and ask some of the original PPKer's here in Indoor Weed Mecca. I might add a few comments here or there on D9's final thread. I still keep hoping the apprentice will overtake the master someday....someday indeed.
one day i'll learn to stick to one process, changing only hose, light bulbs (although these are under LED) and bloom environment.

Overtaking 'the boss' has to happen, the youngsters take over when the old ... get old and start degrading physically.. BUT NOT SOON! hes still in good shape.
95dbb32d.gif
and whatta u mean 'his final thread'???

anyway good seeing you and come out and play more often.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts