What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

Americangrower

Veteran
Being a poly GG4 could be entered as either, but in order to keep contest fair it gets put in indica. As it would dominate the sativa

Rondon

because of the way it grows ... she grows branches like a freak, a good freak she will hit the roof in veg if U let her easily...never ever thought of her as much of an indica.. what are some of the traits that make glue indica dom? maybe the effects.. Hammer btw what do you consider the HK? to me she's a bush and a half & the glue is way more spindly when compared to the HK which is thicker stemmed and more naturally stout

She's an indica dominant hybrid. She's a stretcher. With those long sweeping wishbone sides. But the tell tail is her stubby fat wide afghani type leaves. She's definitely a 'brie though. Believe it or not...in that Kush mountain region....you can get Indy dom expressions and morphology even in the wide node meristem sets. You can also have long finger leaf more sativa types but compact and bushy just lower in the valleys. It's all about what side of the mountains in that area they are. The elevations and whatnot plays a HUGE roll in expression. Same cultivar.

nickman

Veteran
S1...!!!...

S1...!!!...

Since I can’t get the real thing, I’ll just have to settle for an s1 I guess...!!!... Oh well.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I find a few puffs delivers a nice sativa type high, not like an actual sativa. A few too many puffs and the indica side become way more obvious.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
because of the way it grows ... she grows branches like a freak, a good freak she will hit the roof in veg if U let her easily...never ever thought of her as much of an indica.. what are some of the traits that make glue indica dom? maybe the effects.. Hammer btw what do you consider the HK? to me she's a bush and a half & the glue is way more spindly when compared to the HK which is thicker stemmed and more naturally stout

HK has very different parents. There not gonna grow the same.

GG#4 is Indica Dom in her high with that couch lock feeling for me. Does not have any feelings of motivation.. Here leaves are all hybrid looking to me. She def has that 60/40 split in how she grows with massive lateral branching and stretch, she leans more to the chem side of the genetic pool.

p0opstlnksal0t

my girls look identical lol... foxtailing and all! not sure i want to run this one again...

on a side note they are the frostiest of the whole room, but i prefer what my current pheno of white rhino produced...

Attachments

• 20180421_171759.jpg
    20180421_171759.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180421_171754.jpg
    20180421_171754.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180421_171750.jpg
    20180421_171750.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180421_171439.jpg
    20180421_171439.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180421_193923.jpg
    20180421_193923.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 10

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I read some where, can’t remember about gg 2.0, anyone familiar with this ?

As far as I know, there's no such thing as a #2 (there was but was inferior and destroyed along with #1,3 & 5). GG#4 got its name from the 4th and best phenotype selected from seeds saved from an accidental pollination (crop was trashed but someone kept a few seeds). Hence GG#4. (short story version)

Unless 2.0 is a new strain, in that case, I haven't heard of it.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Being a poly GG4 could be entered as either, but in order to keep contest fair it gets put in indica. As it would dominate the sativa

it's a bit of a hard call, we don't have time to try every entry and categorize it as we see fit, so how it works at the ic 420 cup, is that we basically allow the entrant to tell us what he thinks the category should be in terms of mostly indica, or mostly sativa.

in the end if someone enters a couchlock high in the sativas, he might well get down voted by the more with it judges. people expect the sativas to be more energetic and buzzing high rather then the typical body stone of the more indica dominant strains.

trying to learn the best way to grow the GG4, so far she's not made me real big colas, but the quality is superb, gonna try a real low fert level next run. she also seems to prefer some distance from the hps? buds look more compact that were growing further away from the bulb.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
it's a bit of a hard call, we don't have time to try every entry and categorize it as we see fit, so how it works at the ic 420 cup, is that we basically allow the entrant to tell us what he thinks the category should be in terms of mostly indica, or mostly sativa.

in the end if someone enters a couchlock high in the sativas, he might well get down voted by the more with it judges. people expect the sativas to be more energetic and buzzing high rather then the typical body stone of the more indica dominant strains.

trying to learn the best way to grow the GG4, so far she's not made me real big colas, but the quality is superb, gonna try a real low fert level next run. she also seems to prefer some distance from the hps? buds look more compact that were growing further away from the bulb.

Its all indica now apparently, but how do you correctly catagorise entries with mixed heritage by leaf type?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
like i said, we don't, we leave it up to the entrants to decide the category their entry best fits in.

its getting even more complicated now with the experts using new definitions.

Grizz

Veteran
As far as I know, there's no such thing as a #2 (there was but was inferior and destroyed along with #1,3 & 5). GG#4 got its name from the 4th and best phenotype selected from seeds saved from an accidental pollination (crop was trashed but someone kept a few seeds). Hence GG#4. (short story version)

Unless 2.0 is a new strain, in that case, I haven't heard of it.
Never heard of 2.0 but there was a gg2. It was the Chem pheno and equal to the 4 in poitincy. I lost it when the guy I passed it to lost it. To bad because it was hell a strong. The whole story is at the front of the first gg4 thread JW

Latest posts

Latest posts