What's new

Goodbye Joey Weed

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I have a pack of Joey C99. Anybody tried those?

Yes. If I had a pack right now, I'd be germing them. Cindy isn't for everyone, but if you like chunky buds with a speedy/racy high, she might be for you.

Very easy plant to grow...almost bomb proof...and can finish in under 65 days, give or take.

HB.

I tried 4 of Joey Weed's varieties in 2008-2009, I had Bb x C99, AK-99, Northern Lights x Ak-47 and Northern L x C-99. I enjoyed those crosses very much for the price you got your $ worth. The bb 99 was a strong mostly indica that left you weak in the legs after smoking a joint the buds were purple/blue and smelled like pungent berries. The ak 99 was a very fruity mostly sativa buzz with fat buds tasted the best of the 4 crosses I had. Nl x Ak 47 was tbe best all arround, good producer covered with resin and a 50/50 buzz, the smell was some of the stinkyest weed I've ever grown skunk fest!!! I think he used doc atomics nl it's a known stinker.

redlaser

Veteran
I have a pack of Joey C99. Anybody tried those?

I went through a couple packs, still run one that is quite nice. All sativa, very clear headed, energy type buzz. Flowers quicker than any other strain I have. since it flowers faster it bulks up fast making it look done about 55-60 days,I take it to 63/65 days.
I've found out of twenty JW-c99's, two plants that had an odd medicine smell, not good, one was a super frosted female and apparently one of three males I collected pollen from has that trait because it has passed on to hybrids made from it.

F

Foolonthehill

Joey Weed blue widow, these pic were taken with a 2 mpx cam back in 2005.

picture.php

picture.php

mofeta

Veteran
So you figure these are f3's ?
Doubt he still had original bros Grimm stock to remake f2's.
I say everything that has been posted at HD is probably f3's... u think?

I am going to find out.

If it was anyone else but Joey, I would say you were probably right. But if anyone maintained parents for that long, it would be him.

I don't care too much as long as they produce plants equal to the pre 2010 JW C99. That was the best C99 ever. Period. Including the original.

beanja

I had to grab me 2 packs of c99 .... hopefully a nice mother can be found.
Gotta love the new emt payment option.

LostTribe

Premium user
Did this just happen today? They are holding me C99 and AK! Hope they are still as good as I have read.

beanja

Did this just happen today? They are holding me C99 and AK! Hope they are still as good as I have read.

This just happened a hour ago for me ... brad responded to email within 5 min. Did the new emt thing and 2 packs getting mailed out tomorrow