What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goodbye Joey Weed

F

Funion

I thought I would take advantage of the new policy and say goodbye to an old friend, Joey Weed. The last of his gear is all but gone. Seemingly never to return. I've tried most if his stuff and went back for the AK99 and the C x A. I still run the f2's.
I lost track of him after the fall of OG and CW. I hope he is doing well and retired uneventfully. You will be missed!:huggg:

I

icon

i was reading something about this i still got his blueberry & use it in a few of my hybrids ive made & i really enjoy them very nice blueberry smell/taste i also have bb x c99 & just crossed it with pck its too bad he had some great strains.

fungzyme

His NL/C99 cross was the first thing I grew when I got back to the hobby - I've got about 100 f2's tucked away. Really wish I'd gotten his Apollo 11 when I had the chance. Running his C99 now. Thanks Joey, whereever you are...

mofeta

Veteran
Ah, Joey Weed!

It's funny, but I remember people knocking him for doing knockoffs of other peoples work, which was true, but it turned out that he was better at preserving the varieties he worked with better than the original vendors in many cases.

His versions of AK 47, C99, White Widow etc were like snapshots frozen in time of these classics from back when they were really good. I only wish he would have done this with more varieties, Kali Mist and Sensi Star come to mind right off the top of my head as strains that were formally killer and now seem to have lost some luster when obtained from the original vendors.

Too bad he is gone. Or is he?

I have a peculiar knack for pattern recognition that has served me well over the course of my life. It is subconscious analysis, things just occur to me, I guess you could call it intuition.

A few years back when Brad started selling Beanho seeds at **** *****, I read the descriptions and the thought just popped into my head- "I wonder why Joey changed his name to Beanho?"

I'm not saying that I think this is the case, just that the thought occurred to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheerful

^^mofeta, what a fascinating theory!! I have had very good results from beanho.... and JW! His A-11 was wonderful.

+1 for Joeys AK99

joey weed takes me back lol...

i remember reading soquicks thread as it was in progress in high school and its sorta like you wanna be like Mike type situation lol... Joey Weed is a company of the OLD WORLD in my opinion. anybody remember a guy killin organics named the tick? hurtback and no chillers! havent seen much invention since, innovation sure.

TheCatsMeow

sugarberry

sugarberry

this thread needed some visuals...
picture.php

sugarberry by joeyweed

Lowman

When I started this hobby back up quite a few years ago...I purchased some of JW NL from Heavens Stariway. I lost the strain due to a house fire( not garden related). Still searching for an equal NL.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
His NL/C99 cross was the first thing I grew when I got back to the hobby - I've got about 100 f2's tucked away. Really wish I'd gotten his Apollo 11 when I had the chance. Running his C99 now. Thanks Joey, whereever you are...

Send some in for the Server Fund please. Thanks.

R.Fortune

I

Iron_Lion

Sucks he is gone, he was keeping the flame alive with some nice older strains. I'll have to sprout the last of my A11 seeds to make some back up before they get too old to germ.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You want to make a couple thousand A11 f3's for us too right heh? Sadly I never got around to ordering his gear and really wished I had gotten a few ;\

1337micro

Bye Joey Weed, my tribute, got these about a month ago, germination not so great anymore, I'm pretty sure they're quite old =(, hope to get atleast 1 fem out of it though:

p1030079e.jpg

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ran one of his strains that a very thoughtful friend here gifted me. I loved the blue raspberry slurpie goodness.

I

Iron_Lion

You want to make a couple thousand A11 f3's for us too right heh? Sadly I never got around to ordering his gear and really wished I had gotten a few ;\

I've got F2's and F3's :D

A11 is a great strain but most of my peeps don't care for it. It is a gentle high, you almost don't know you are stoned, most people think if they not disabled on the couch it's not good. I like it for long hikes but not so good for sitting on the couch.

If i do; do some F3's I'll be sure to make atleast a 1000. Im in the process now of backing up my oldest strains, but I think I will have to move A11 up on the list because now I cant order more.

1337micro

I've got F2's and F3's :D

A11 is a great strain but most of my peeps don't care for it. It is a gentle high, you almost don't know you are stoned, most people think if they not disabled on the couch it's not good. I like it for long hikes but not so good for sitting on the couch.

If i do; do some F3's I'll be sure to make atleast a 1000. Im in the process now of backing up my oldest strains, but I think I will have to move A11 up on the list because now I cant order more.

Preservation of Joey Weed's preservation projects, I like it!

F

Funion

I've got 3 original AK99, and I've made a couple hundred f2's with one mom and 2 dads. Not much of a gene pool, but what I've got finishing up looks just like mom. I'd love to contribute in some capacity to a preservation project. Sounds fun!