What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fool! How could a landrace which has been inbred countless generations not be more unstable than multiple parent hybrids such as poly's? Heterozygous poly's are always more homogenous, especially the ones with the most differentiation of alleles at different loci.

-Sincerely, The Antagonist

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Fool! How could a landrace which has been inbred countless generations not be more unstable than multiple parent hybrids such as poly's? Heterozygous poly's are always more homogenous, especially the ones with the most differentiation of alleles at different loci.

-Sincerely, The Antagonist

I'm not sure you understand nature

so something that has been breeding it's self for thousands upon thousands of years is less stable than something that someone less than 365 DAYS ago created?

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
um, the hell?

so are you trying to say a landrace is unstable compared to a poly hybrid?

so a handful of strains thrown into a female is more stable than landrace genetics?

did you even think about that before you typed?

we will see how these GSC projects go very soon I imagine. lets see if they can increase the yield but keep all the keeper traits

Apparently, you don't know much about landrace varieties so maybe you should lose your attitude. Landrace does not assure uniformity.

Bi0, the stability or lack thereof in a S1 speaks more to whether the parent plant is true breeding or not. If it throws out tons of different plants odds are you won't easily replicate the parent plant but that doesn't mean there isn't something within the genotype that is even better. Just means you have to dig a little deeper to find it. Sounds like the Animal Cookies was a prize from the genetic lotto.

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Got an Animal cut that is a good size now and should be in flower soon. I will snap some pics of her now in veg. Will have her in before the GSC. lol

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Apparently, you don't know much about landrace varieties so maybe you should lose your attitude. Landrace does not assure uniformity.

Bi0, the stability or lack thereof in a S1 speaks more to whether the parent plant is true breeding or not. If it throws out tons of different plants odds are you won't easily replicate the parent plant but that doesn't mean there isn't something within the genotype that is even better. Just means you have to dig a little deeper to find it. Sounds like the Animal Cookies was a prize from the genetic lotto.

there is a bit more variety in something that has many many strains in it though, this is simple math

variation is a given

but I would put money on a pack of GSC crosses will produce way more variations than a real landrace

Sounds like a great time to find out first hand then. Go buy some local schwagg and pop those landrace beans next to some GSC 'poly' lowness. I'd love to see a side by side. Hehe.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Sounds like a great time to find out first hand then. Go buy some local schwagg and pop those landrace beans next to some GSC 'poly' lowness. I'd love to see a side by side. Hehe.

I'm waiting for these GSC crosses to hit the market

funny shit is, NO one has produced anything they want to attach their name to yet, and it's been a long time since these breeders got their GSC clones

just saying

MF Grimm

Seen a lot of bullshit being labeled as Girl Scout Cookies in AZ, but everytime I get it, I am super disappointed. I'm a big OG and Sour guy, and everyone talked this up like it's the holy grail, but I was unimpressed with what I saw, so it leads me to believe I'm just getting some whack cross.

miscbrah3284

Veteran
Seen a lot of bullshit being labeled as GS Cookies in AZ, but everytime I get it, I am super disappointed. I'm a big OG and Sour guy, and everyone talked this up like it's the holy grail, but I was unimpressed with what I saw, so it leads me to believe I'm just getting some whack cross.

or not even getting gsc?

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GSC killed it outdoor. Was very impressed and surprised with yield.
Harvesting seeded branches soon,then testing and bx'ing. I gave cuts to a lot of big outdoor growers so lot's of GSC coming in the future.

edit: Fuck it,here's a pic of some of the GSC from August 31.
picture.php

headimonster

GSC killed it outdoor. Was very impressed and surprised with yield.
Harvesting seeded branches soon,then testing and bx'ing. I gave cuts to a lot of big outdoor growers so lot's of GSC coming in the future.

edit: Fuck it,here's a pic of some of the GSC from August 31.
View Image

LOL :thank you::thank you::thank you: i thought GSC didnt yield according to a bunch of people on this thread....

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
LOL :thank you::thank you::thank you: i thought GSC didnt yield according to a bunch of people on this thread....

It dont yield....

But look at the size of his plants, 98% of the GSC growers dont grow them that big....

Stick a sour next to it and you will laugh at what GSC produces...

Status
Not open for further replies.