GSC day 40

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

big twinn

Veteran
I am very curious how that Outdoor tastes Prop and Z-RO. Both of you guys look like you KILLED it! I am very impressed and appreciate the pictures you all uploaded. She looks like she does ALOT better outdoor as far as color, flower structure/stacking, and yield. I'd love to know how they compare to indoor.

Personally, I have sampled a few different batches of GSC. In my experience, her taste was lacking with the flowers that used GH nutes, and the smell was much more sutle. Neither smell or flavor EVER gave me the slightest notion of a Thin Mint Cookie. Grown in FFOF with organic amendments, I personally have found she has the most pronounced flavor and aroma that I have experienced out of the GSC. The batch i harvested has been curing in jars for about 3 weeks and she smells like an OG but without the lemon factor. Very much like a minty OG with zero lemon as well as a secondary smell of burnt sugar cookies (in a positive way). When she is ground up, there is no mistake with regards to a Thin Mint minty chocolate aroma along with the OG/burnt sugar cookie smell. Honestly, I think her flavor is just as pronounced as my 818 SFV OG and my Ghost Og...in fact the flavor may be (subjectively better) in my opinion. So far, based off my experience her potency is just as potent if not more potent than my other OGs if that tells you anything. So, to get to my point. Those that were not impressed with her, if you can, before you throw in the towel on the GSC, try and grow or source a GSC grown in organic soil with a proper flush. I guarantee you will be impressed, especially if OG contains a flavor spectrum you feign for.
If only my indoor looked half as nice and full as those outdoor you guys posted. MUCH RESPECT.
Cheers and Cookie on!
-BT

PS: anyone else think she is quite finicky indoors? She loves to brown out her leaves to a crispy textures all awhile everything else in my garden takes on a healthier appearance. Her and my ECSD have some dialing into do as far as growing, but the smoke is outstanding.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had my boy hit my outdoor GSC , he absolutely loved it! He is no first time toker and this was pure fire......smooth, one hit wonder with a hint of a taste he could not verbalized ( cus he was so ripped lol) anyway he liked it a whole lot and wants more.....so I'm gunna have to run it again if I get my new outdoor loc next year.

yes and Z-or....just simply beautiful pics , love that sunset shot with the buds very nicely framed, please keep them coming I can never get enough!

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
i had a lower branch break off at 48 days. Its been real dry the past 4 days since and its pretty much dry. Its weird there wasnt really any noticeable purp to the bud in flower, but now dry it has a mostly purple look to it, pretty bizarre.
picture.php

picture.php

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
awesome nugs z-ro those are stacking proper looks so similar to mine color and everything...wish my picture of the nugs w/ background came out with better exposure...and good lookin nug there smoketrees bet that hits really good..

anyways my animal S1 experiment didnt yield uniform results....animal clone sprayed with CS then dusted animal mother yielded smells all over the place...got some that smelled like lemon haze, others like spicy skunk. the plant structure and node spacing look like cookies though.....they are around 30+ days in il post more results when i see the finished product....but so far NO smell similar to the original cookies clone...

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Yes4Prop215,

Incredible pics and nug formation. The colors and yield really came out great, can't wait to see what they look like trimmed up.

Are first generation poly-hybrid S1's supposed to be that stable, as far as consistent pheno expressions?

From what I read a while back, S1's will display traits from some to all of the genetic parents going all the way back to the strains used in Each F1, leading up to the strains that were crossed to make GSC. So technically you can get a grab-bag of changed-combinations of the genetics that went into the strains that were then crossed into GSC. Which could be pretty awesome if you hit the right pheno. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

There is always the possibility of finding incredible phenos and specimens from this, it just might take a wider pool of seeds for proper selection. Think of the Chem '91 s1 - supposedly leading up to the OG's.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Yes4Prop215,

Incredible pics and nug formation. The colors and yield really came out great, can't wait to see what they look like trimmed up.

Are first generation poly-hybrid S1's supposed to be that stable, as far as consistent pheno expressions?

From what I read a while back, S1's will display traits from some to all of the genetic parents going all the way back to the strains used in Each F1, leading up to the strains that were crossed to make GSC. So technically you can get a grab-bag of changed-combinations of the genetics that went into the strains that were then crossed into GSC. Which could be pretty awesome if you hit the right pheno. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

There is always the possibility of finding incredible phenos and specimens from this, it just might take a wider pool of seeds for proper selection. Think of the Chem '91 s1 - supposedly leading up to the OG's.

I'm no rocket scientist but from what I gather even breeding with a poly hybrid is nothing to play with, too much variation

Yeah, because landraces are so uniform right? Before you start believing that tripe consider the composition and parents of the majority of the top strains ever created.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Yeah, because landraces are so uniform right? Before you start believing that tripe consider the composition and parents of the majority of the top strains ever created.
um, the hell?

so are you trying to say a landrace is unstable compared to a poly hybrid?

so a handful of strains thrown into a female is more stable than landrace genetics?

did you even think about that before you typed?

we will see how these GSC projects go very soon I imagine. lets see if they can increase the yield but keep all the keeper traits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts