What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
thank you sir
43b6744e64363d471aa0bef695330bdc54b52514353e2435161cedd3f6bd4386.jpg

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
sounds like a learning experience.
im glade u see that u can do better:tiphat:
total experience, hmmm
thats a thread by itself .....
I ,
I learned alot,
A FUCKING LOT
Started just geeking on youtube, then took the plunge
Set some goals, spent pocket change as i went.
watched em grow, cried like a baby on ic when problems arised.
made some relationships, kept studying everyday
I took some pictures, learned to log,

I learned some people are hacks and gurus all at the same time.....

I learned this aint a cakewalk, nor is it rocket science

I learned patience, and self reliance, and that I might have a knack for this beautiful, humbling, and rewarding craft.

I learned hid and led and cfl have their places

Ive learned to create the ideal organic soil for my gardens.

Ive learned to read , somewhat, the messages in the tealeaves (GOT A WAYS TO GO THERE STILLL)

Ive learned theres much , much more to learn.

And while they are some nice buds,

I can do BETTER

As for the last ?
I was gifted some c99's and a gg4 hybrid from a good friend
but mostly the same strain, star kush, (i got a gut feeling on it, and it is precisely what was advertised (partykiller weed)) .
got some SK fuckit buckets im working on, not doing a thread on them tho, and i got some moms ima prolly flower , mostly tho I gotta get the rooms tuned in

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
i can do better , but im thinking the genetics arent suited for this environment. Im thinking the starkush wants a colder room.
i will be harvesting the fuckit buckets soon , and outside of one , the rest are huge and larfy.
my veg room is at full capacity, and the c99 and gg4 mixes will soon be flowering and sexed.
i had 3 clones of the herijuana come thru; two are scrawny scraggly bitches but one has become huge ! i hope these dont herm like the last one. if they do , im just done with em.
and prolly the sk's too. idk tho , i been thinkoing of getting another 600hps and selling the mars2 as well as getting a dedicated ac for the flower room. we will see....

BigBozat

:respect:
Just wanted to say: Enjoyed this ride immensely.
The vicarious thrill inspires.

Looking forward to future lurking...

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
just a little update :
fuckit buckits look about 2-4 weeks away from chop
got some organics growing for round 3. more star kush ( i took alot of clones) and one herijuana
meanwhile in the veg cave
picture.php
picture.php

this is the runt c99
picture.php

looking like its overflowing lol
being a newbie on his third cycle , i cant wait to pop some more of these beenz i neeb gifted woot !

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
keeping this thread going has helped me out - tonight , i was unsure exactly when the fuckits went into flower. since i updated that event here , ive found out im actually 10 weeks in and ready to harvest if i so choose, only this time , im gonna wait a couple more weeks and see what happens to these sativa-ey colas. they are as we speak , drenched in cloudy trichs, but this may be a 12 week strain .idk
plus i dont need to harvest with me still enjoyoing the first run.

heres some pics of the flower room
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
this star kush is not the strongest weed ive ever smoked , id call it 89 octane - mid grade

the stems are so thin they can barely support the buds.

im pretty much gonna faze this out if the last few weeks dont surprise me.
ive spotted another seed in one of the colas, this shit tend to herm in this environment

not really bad , like mayve 100 seed in the whole lb but still enough to put it in the midgeys category

anyways, its all in the genetics right ?

meanwhile the organics i been growing the last 4 weeks are done with the stratch and looking pretty much like the buckets , only ... different.
maybes its cause i made an effort to prune and chop away the sucker braches and lower budsites. but the buds weem bigger and nodes closer together in the organics than from the dwc's

we will see if the first grow was a fluke or if i can tame these two strains

shoot , if an extra few weeks dont give better result than .4 gpw , then fuck these strains and move on till i find some keepers.
more pics
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Looking real nice.
heat been killing me ,i had to cut down my 1000w to 600 frying the tops out some plants.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
thanks and i know the feel bugs

seems im pretty good at growing -
growing seedy midgrade larf lol
upon closer inspection this morning
today looks to be harvest day for the fuckit buckets
all my trichs are milky , was gonna flush for a few weeks , but fuckit
i think ima just chop and trim - been feeding em a weaker solution for a few weeks anyways

so i have a question for ic - should i try and clean the flower room for pollen from these girls?

i have around 10-12 pots to move over and they need to be uppotted to 7gal bags
so maybe ima do that today as well. this means my veg room is gonna be empty . so ima take some clones today and try the dirt method for them

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
think thats what ill do - and make sure i seal the light leaks on the door.
I wnet ahead and harvested the fuckit buckets yesterday. all thrichs were nice and cloudy , and i need some room for my next batch of genetics.
overall , the fuckit buckets were a succesful experiment.
5 bucket with 3-4 clones each was the sweet spot.

next time i run , im gonna get more aggresive with the pruning and defoliation after the stretch. i just dont wanna grow more larf than i have been. ive come to conclusion im gonna sell this stuff for what it is .
midgrade

and after the last of these starkush are done, its out the door for good. in fact im gonna gift whats in the veg room and not even run the last 3-4 of em. theres 3 in week 4 in the flower room already.

as for doing a fuckit bucket thread, i have the pics and a complete grow photo set in my album , is there any votes fora thread on this in the hydro forum ? i know the discgolf guy wanted me to do it , any yall care to see it?

as for the harvest , any one wanna guess the final weight ? they will be dry by thursday for a weigh in, so if you wanna estimate it , post up soon!

heres the pics
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
What are your temperatures in the grow area, especially at the canopy? They look like they got heat stressed or is that just genetics? Either way, looks like a nice pull :yes:

j189rfc

Congrats on your adventures and to being one step closer to making your goal reality. Everything looks good. Im surprised to hear you spend so much on ferts but now that youve got some organics going that price should come down significantly. Looking forward to more too seeing more from you.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
its about 79-81 on average
im seeing a consistency in the grows , so its leaning towards genetics , cause the indca pheno is squat , tight, rock hard fruit.

they have almost no smell until theyre up your nose and the buzz is like high end midgrade
what smell is there is this nice diesel/pinesol scent on both phenos. however tho im bashing the shit , i didnt have a single seed in the trim trays this round. if i do keep a sk around itll be because the squat pheno's buzz surpassed the first grow.that and i have some monster clones in veg still to run

either way , i have some nice c99's and gg4 hybrids ready to go in.
wish i knew someone with some gg4 cuts tho , thats something on my wishlist for now.
meanwhile my hardware wishlist is - a paper shredder , and a 1000w hps setup, which i am working on acquiring.
I think i can do 3-4 lbs in this room with a 600 and a 1k ,and using higher quality genes like whats on deck; just a hunch. im thinking 1600 watts would be the sweet spot for a 4x6x7
btw , these organics are pretty much free of the nute burns seen in the dwc. ill take the fungus gnats over the burns...till im ready to build the rdwc and try hydro again......if ever

all that said -
I think im maybe doing better and have the luxury of space that most noobs in my position have done, so i will just be humble and respectful of how much ive accomplished so far. but dont think Im not gonna whine to you guys anymore tho.

so with that

THANK YOU ICmag for all youve taught me!

and shouts to the guardian angels / fallen soldiers who are no longer around - snype , ladyluckybean,vostok ,ilovebonghits ( stihggnobevoli ) and teammicrobe. those folks helped me alot wether they know it or not.

I wont forget you , thats all im gonna say on that

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Congrats on your adventures and to being one step closer to making your goal reality. Everything looks good. Im surprised to hear you spend so much on ferts but now that youve got some organics going that price should come down significantly. Looking forward to more too seeing more from you.

upfront the cost is intimidating , but once you find a feed and seed , you can get everthing at near wholesale. plus i dig the living soil food web geekout more than a top off or flush with the bonus of rols and healthier plants and the water only thing is dead simple for my style. pumps will make great tea brewers and the buckets come in handy too