What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Decided to add some mollasses to one of these girls, since its still blooming rather fast.

check out how this one just keeps growing

picture.php
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
That has to be some crazy sativa huh? That almost looks like heatstress. How far is that bud away from the bulb? Does the rest of that plant look like that?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
So a little update - spent 36$ on some ewc and a osc fan.

the girls are still ripening , its two weeks in flush now ,and theres no visible amber trichs, lots of cloudies and white/new hairs . one of the plants is still just spitting out new growth after new growth, someone called it foxtailing , i think ? its colas were never hard and compacted in the first place but airy and rather large, now they are just getting huge.
I think my herijuana hermie hit a bit of my girls , ive found a couple seeds at the bottom of some of the popcorns, guess this first batch will be mostly personal use, bummer anyways got the fuckit buckets in the stretch and healthy , but need to get them under the hps.

all in all ive learned so much so far, and that yes, i could do a grow under 1500$ but I think its better to spend for the future than the right now.next up , ill prolly sell the mars and get a 1k hps with a light mover and maybe do organic soil on the coming rounds.
I like the dwc but i wanna dial in this space and feel out whats best for it and the strains .
the star kush & herijuana moms are doing their thing in the rols as well as the 2 new strains ,c99 and gg4xmysterymeats.

i will definitely cull the next round of clones, cause iv'e learned to just let shit go on the slow growers and have run outta space in the veg room. was gonna donate those
to a buddy who never showed up to claim them. I hate to throw shit out , not a hoarder but just in case type shit i guess.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
spent another 145$ on peat and soil amendments since the last update.

And oh yeah, We harvested yesterday , after 15 weeks , four girlswere chopped.
We picked up a small baby pool at wallyworld and trimmed all four in under 8 hours.
The three of us , anyways.
Good news , it looks like close to a pound.
bad news is , two of the plants seem to have been hit by the hermied herijuana and are gonna be kept for personal use and extracted as well, so hopefully , Ill have 6-8 oz's sensimelia left over. a good problem to have.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

spent another 145$ on peat and soil amendments since the last update.

And oh yeah, We harvested yesterday , after 15 weeks , four girlswere chopped.
We picked up a small baby pool at wallyworld and trimmed all four in under 8 hours.
The three of us , anyways.
Good news , it looks like close to a pound.
bad news is , two of the plants seem to have been hit by the hermied herijuana and are gonna be kept for personal use and extracted as well, so hopefully , Ill have 6-8 oz's sensimelia left over. a good problem to have.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

NICE! Those ladies look really good! Including your "assistant..." ;)

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Well, Ive dried and jarred up the buds , and we are officially curing. I currently have 15.25 Oz of dried bud from this harvest in the jars. yep, nearly a pound on my first grow using ~1000w of light and a dwc system. Its good smoke quality , id rate it a b- on the kush scale. Too early for a smoke report.....

All In All ....

Not-bad.jpg

now for the bad news : Its got seeds, its mostly larf, its not sellable as what it is.

so in other words, I have source materials for my meds , just as i planned from post #1.

moar pics coming of the finished product and a final weighin, ( i guess ill lose 5-10% more moisture over the next few weeks.)

So yeah , I wont have to buy weed for a long time , I can experiment with extracts , and can say Ive completed a grow now. WooT!

Now its room/strain dialage time. Im gonna keep this thread alive as I dial in the variables and I should have another harvest within 3-4 weeks and every 2 weeks thereafter for about 2 months. By that time my new strains should be ready for flowering.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
BC what was the total expence?
cut back on the feed a little.
some nice buds tho.
What u gona run next?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
BC what was the total expence?
cut back on the feed a little.
some nice buds tho.
What u gona run next?

total experience, hmmm
thats a thread by itself .....
I ,
I learned alot,
A FUCKING LOT
Started just geeking on youtube, then took the plunge
Set some goals, spent pocket change as i went.
watched em grow, cried like a baby on ic when problems arised.
made some relationships, kept studying everyday
I took some pictures, learned to log,

I learned some people are hacks and gurus all at the same time.....

I learned this aint a cakewalk, nor is it rocket science

I learned patience, and self reliance, and that I might have a knack for this beautiful, humbling, and rewarding craft.

I learned hid and led and cfl have their places

Ive learned to create the ideal organic soil for my gardens.

Ive learned to read , somewhat, the messages in the tealeaves (GOT A WAYS TO GO THERE STILLL)

Ive learned theres much , much more to learn.

And while they are some nice buds,

I can do BETTER

As for the last ?
I was gifted some c99's and a gg4 hybrid from a good friend
but mostly the same strain, star kush, (i got a gut feeling on it, and it is precisely what was advertised (partykiller weed)) .
got some SK fuckit buckets im working on, not doing a thread on them tho, and i got some moms ima prolly flower , mostly tho I gotta get the rooms tuned in

ISM2

...just finished reviewing the thread. I like how you established goals in the beginning.
The harvest was quite bountiful!

What fan controller did you go with?
Also, you may have mentioned it, but will you continue with the SOG-in-a-bucket updates? I've thought about doing something like, that but with soil, and would like to see how you do it.

Latest posts

Latest posts