What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Nice Results!

Keep Growing :)

why thank you dere, OJ!

lets see - hung my therms level with the canopy a few days ago , looks like they are 84-86F so my whole ac thing aint really working for me at the moment. gotta figure out a solution , but then, its only a couple more months till fall so idk.

I um , I emptied the veg room and moved over the c99's and gg4rgt seedlings on the 2nd of july.

FWIW , heres the genetics of the gg4 hybrid;
GG4 x RGT= ((Early Purple Kush x c99) x poly thai) after some research, this looks like a possible lavender/purple gg4 hybrid with more yield

anywho, I have to take some clones tonight for these two strains.

I also popped some beans last night !

i dropped 4 SIA's (sourdiesel Indian x agent orange f2) and 5 RGM4's which is ((epk x c99) x magenta) for the purple fans out there

And I gifted about 6 star kush to a buddy to make room. i kept one mother and took 12 cuttings for practice.maybe
Ill do a fuckit bucket in soil and just run these as soon as theyre rooted for an experiment. Whut You Think IC? wanna see 3 to a 5gal sog experiment ?

so that makes three moms in veg; 2 herijuanas and a random star kush - i had another friend call friday and ask if i had a mom for him and since Ive got 12 cuts rooting , Ima prolly get that bitch the fuck on too.

So that brings us to the clonetech im using this round. Ive done snypes methods both the bubbler and the rockwool , so this time im going with... just plain ol dirt.

quick question - how do you isolate your boys ? Im considering some breeding experiments if i get a decent male from the new strains

so yup , thats my update for now

happy holiday weekend

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
picked up 3 600w lumateks today woot! Grabbed a couple old aircooled hoods and some new bulbs as well.
Im going to be hanging 3 600w in the 4x6 room and move the ac unit into the bloom room to cool down the girls,

Since ill have 1800 w in there now , Im thinking just hanging lights as close to ceiling as possible.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
hung 2 600w in there , dont thinkl i have room for the third - got the hoods cooling from the veg room into a 4 inch duct fan pushing into the hoods and into the can fan, also hooked up the ac exhaust into the can fan thats an 8 " insulated duct.

is this ok ? ive read maybe not such a good idea to run the exhaust through the filter somewhere

meanwhile heres some new pics

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
anywho - since noone is paying attention anymore,
im gonna wind this thread down
at this moment Im about 3000$ in to this experiment.

im about 1500 in the red as well.

I didnt expect to make it this far, and am encouraged by my results
the first two rounds were disapointing in dwc

my yields and bag appeal were subpar. my genetics didnt much like the hydro

my room didnt have a 12k ac unit in it but it was winter/spring cycles and i thought i could sneak by.

and i used a 450 watt led and an old 600w ballast and bulb.

but, my product, now renamed "89" has been recieved well.
89 comes from octanes 87/89/91-3 is what we get here, and the old heads who buy this stuff call it 89, it aint gas , it aint regular, its 89

and today , i picked up a dime of some super stinky loud.
dense sticky buds that smoked great with a good hash flavor and nice loud smoke....
but I aint get high on it, it was like smoking brick weeed in the high, it was well....

best described by my friend as "quiet"

so it made me feel better about my adventures in ghetto growing

so anyways , the last round of this three tiered thread is coming up on 6-7 weeks.
they are benefitting from my trimming and lollipopping skills and love their new medium

foxtails are notably absent, colas are happy they dont have to feed the popcorn in the center, and the sucker branches i trimmed boosted whats left into a dense , hard, and slightly smelly bud.

the genetics of the sk almost no smell. what it does smell like is like a fabric softener/citrus thats very pleasing. it tastes like hash and gets me 89 high .
i can get shit done on this stuff, and apparently thats the main selling point with its afficionados

I realize I maybe shoulda let it mature a week or two more and that the room was too hot, and the roots were most likly too hot and contributed to the foxtailing in my dwc's

but I wont beat myself up about it cause , im still a certified noob with only 6 months experience.

anyways , ill be posting more pics as they finish up and creating 2 new threads on my current lineup on deck - some c99's and some gg4 crosses im testing for bugman,
as well as his seedlings of a couple more very intersting crosses.

look for those before august.

hope to document lots more stuff in the next 6 months now that Ive proven to myself i aint half bad as a gardener

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Ok , Hi Everyone , Im Boyd Crowder, how are you.

I decided my budget and started acquiring gear in january.

I had a budget of $1000.

So here I am, expanding the budget, cause I think I want another light and want to go full on rdwc.
Will you walk with me on this 1500$ beginners journey for some medicinal harvests ?

My goals:
Make some new friends
Keep it under 1500$
Get .5-1 gpw
Recoup the 1500$ investment.
create a fully operational def star (rdwc).
Grow some high quality source medicine.
Acquire experts knowledge on our dark arts.
Make some kickass vapes and wax.
Gather info for future grows.
keep anal data.
take some great pics.
Get down to the nth degree on the entire grow.

So yeah , if you wanna see some seedlings pics , can i get a hellzyeah?
i see u step out of your budget a little lol
but now u r ready to get serious.
looking foward to your next grow
should be some nice gems in your next seed run:tiphat:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
i have some nice genetics in progress thanks to you , koimaster !
the ggrgt's are fucking monsters, and every bean was a girl.
the c99's , well out of six , one was a girl and shes so goddamn stickyickyicky right now its like a dr dre record in this bitch.
Muchos Gracias , Bugsy!

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
sooo yeah - were in the final weeks of my first two strains
im phasing out the star kush and keeping harry around till shes edged out by better strains
im looking for elites and commercial viability atm.
sk is what it is - midgrade gear
harry is top shelf but low yielding
i have a couple of harrys in 4 month veg and a few clones , but ive gifted the sks out and have no desire to grow such a slow bloomer , regardless of yield
so anywhoozzle
heres trhe hary harvested on the 8th

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

AND THE sk's
picture.php
picture.php

ill post some nug shots post cure
and a shitty smoke report and we can wrap this
thread , its been fun , thanks for the support ic
im undecided if i wanna do more grow threads this year
im keeping picture logs in case i decide to do some , but for now
im just gonna get my stable together and be my normal reticent self.
see you in a few weeks - bc

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if i were you id score a pack of SSSDH from OJD. Top shelf awesome yields.

Good luck man. I wouldnt waste time with subpar genetics. Get some fire.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
not gonna jinx meself tonight but tomorrow i *might* be joining your club. elites are no longer an issue.

Thanx for the advice and congratulations on the nooby, mr green.
Thanx for your support along my journey, broski

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
yup - ghetto grow
just discovered the borg in my veg room a couple weeks ago. in the process of fighting them. got some gg4 clones from norcal and they showed up after 6 weeks. sucks
on the flower side, my leaves are turning yellow and drying out 3 weeks early.
I think i didnt water as often as i should, and as a result the microbes may have suffered.