What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
hey yall i figured id drop in with some updates
I didnt meet my goal of keepoing it under 1500$
but had i went organic to start, id have saved about 600$+
i have a bunch of dwc shit collecting dust in the attic, and
yes i do use my big airpump and a few stones, the rest of it
was just great for experience.

heres some genetics from bugman52 for an update:
c99 and rgt

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

nice. thats the same footage i have. i got lucky as hell my first run ever and pulled 22.5oz dry and the next grow 26.3oz dry under 2x 600w hps. I now run LED that i strongly believe can out do the HPS i had. you seem like your off to a great start though. keep up the good work man!

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
looking real good bro!

thanky darth

they are really packing on now - thank god for neptunes fish sauce
getting close , the c99's are looking like they are gonna finish a week or 2 ahead of the blues

still seeing a few mites here and there, on like 2-3 leafs in a small area of the blues, I dont wanna spray again this close to harvest but If it gets past this very minor level of 2-3 mites on 2-3 leaves , im gonna whip it out.

weird observation, the mites dont like c99, but adore the blues (a gg4x) and the gg4's

the borg just arent able to establish their foothold and Ive been seeing them just on 1-2 leaves 1-2 times a week so im guessing the last azo spary is still working, If I must spray again ima just get some mighty wash or green cleaner and that should be all they needs till harvest.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
thanky darth

they are really packing on now - thank god for neptunes fish sauce
getting close , the c99's are looking like they are gonna finish a week or 2 ahead of the blues

still seeing a few mites here and there, on like 2-3 leafs in a small area of the blues, I dont wanna spray again this close to harvest but If it gets past this very minor level of 2-3 mites on 2-3 leaves , im gonna whip it out.

weird observation, the mites dont like c99, but adore the blues (a gg4x) and the gg4's

the borg just arent able to establish their foothold and Ive been seeing them just on 1-2 leaves 1-2 times a week so im guessing the last azo spary is still working, If I must spray again ima just get some mighty wash or green cleaner and that should be all they needs till harvest.

Same with me, they seem to like the Headbanger but not the LeeroyTKs sitting right around the bulb with them. I haven't seen any noticeable damage or webbing at all but just got my beneficial mites in the mail today and applied them. Come at me bro mites.

The frost on them Betties is looking good :yes:

Last edited:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Same with me, they seem to like the Headbanger but not the LeeroyTKs sitting right around the bulb with them. I haven't seen any noticeable damage or webbing at all but just got my beneficial mites in the mail today and applied them. Come at me bro mites.

The frost on them Betties is looking good :yes:

Damn! My "Better Than You Glue Nigga" steps back into the thread! Welcome Back WDI

We gettin some boss love in this piece.

I did the scanmask nematodes a few rounds ago , but the azo and neem and organocide ( what a fucking name right?) regiment has been the fuck you borg treatment for me.

yeah the frost on them betties is piling up - my pics are SOOOOOOOO underwhelming, but what I see and yall see isnt the same, you prolly know that

But its the homestretch and having used the MW and GC I feel they will be the "finish him" move over here. those two are far lighter and less sticky residuey for my situation, but not on the same level as the oil based neem/azo/veg oil shit. I dont want to spoil all this fab organic flavor profile ive slaved to achieve, amirite?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah, I've been spraying emulsified neem oil up to week 2 going into week 3 when buds start to form. Between that and waiting on the beneficials to show up I just sprayed them down with regular water. Seemed to work. If nothing else this will make you step up your IPM game, I know I have :yes:

It must be nearing harvest time as i can see some amber trichs in the pics. about the mites, i know a lot of ppl will be quick to pick me apart for this, but if all else fails, use a no pest pest strip and try to keep the grow space as sealed as possible. they work great for pretty much any pest that are not soil bound. the chemical has no odor and the residue if any breaks down in days and literally evaporates.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Yeah, I've been spraying emulsified neem oil up to week 2 going into week 3 when buds start to form. Between that and waiting on the beneficials to show up I just sprayed them down with regular water. Seemed to work. If nothing else this will make you step up your IPM game, I know I have :yes:

i grow organic, but im not a nazi/hippy about it, IM obviously not going to lavish a bud in azo or neem on the week before the harvest, but at the same time, Im gonna handle shit with an iron fist if necessary.
my beiggest mistakes were my panic/freeze and reading/applying the sprays incorrectly and burning my veggers. Sure theres some slight lens burns on a few leaves, but I had bigger problems to overcome than some stupid borg.

Darth , as for nopest stuff, I havent tried it , I picked up and used -

green cleaner - B+ - no residues , nice smell , not particulary long lasting, concentrated, not cheap

Ultra Wash - C+ - no residues, basically water, not concentrated , quite pricey

these first two are great for a breakout/emergency last 4 week rinse
with very little trace of residues, but they are pricey and maybe could be replaced with plain ol h2o

Organocide 3n1 - B - oily residues, concentrated , basically sesame oil and friends, cheap , kinda stinky

Concentrated Neem Oil - B+ - Residuey, long lasting, pleasant orange smell , cheap

Azomax - A - residuey, oily , stinky in an ok way, long lasting, fairly cheap

These are gonna stay in my toolkit, if used in rotation , those borg have no chance in veg or early flower.

Borg Death Bombs - D- - I forget the name but these are the popper cans to fumigate a room with. completely worthless, pyrethrum I think is the active ingredient, waste of time and money

Every one of these products worked as advertised (cept maybe the bombs maybe they did , i ont know). I didnt need nuclear options or 100$ bottles of crazychemz, nor noxious pest strips, just a nice twice weekly regimen oflight sprays until they started to come under control , then go weekly , then every two weeks as necessary.

I just want my last spray 2 weeks ago to keep doing its work like it has been doing and not have to spray shit before harvest. I dont really wanna buy the pricey washes.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
i grow organic, but im not a nazi/hippy about it, IM obviously not going to lavish a bud in azo or neem on the week before the harvest, but at the same time, Im gonna handle shit with an iron fist if necessary.
my beiggest mistakes were my panic/freeze and reading/applying the sprays incorrectly and burning my veggers. Sure theres some slight lens burns on a few leaves, but I had bigger problems to overcome than some stupid borg.

Darth , as for nopest stuff, I havent tried it , I picked up and used -

green cleaner - B+ - no residues , nice smell , not particulary long lasting, concentrated, not cheap

Ultra Wash - C+ - no residues, basically water, not concentrated , quite pricey

these first two are great for a breakout/emergency last 4 week rinse
with very little trace of residues, but they are pricey and maybe could be replaced with plain ol h2o

Organocide 3n1 - B - oily residues, concentrated , basically sesame oil and friends, cheap , kinda stinky

Concentrated Neem Oil - B+ - Residuey, long lasting, pleasant orange smell , cheap

Azomax - A - residuey, oily , stinky in an ok way, long lasting, fairly cheap

These are gonna stay in my toolkit, if used in rotation , those borg have no chance in veg or early flower.

Borg Death Bombs - D- - I forget the name but these are the popper cans to fumigate a room with. completely worthless, pyrethrum I think is the active ingredient, waste of time and money

Every one of these products worked as advertised (cept maybe the bombs maybe they did , i ont know). I didnt need nuclear options or 100$ bottles of crazychemz, nor noxious pest strips, just a nice twice weekly regimen oflight sprays until they started to come under control , then go weekly , then every two weeks as necessary.

I just want my last spray 2 weeks ago to keep doing its work like it has been doing and not have to spray shit before harvest. I dont really wanna buy the pricey washes.

Maybe have a look at this product too? I just sprang for this one when I was getting some yucca, aloe, and coconut powder from these guys. http://buildasoil.com/collections/integrated-pest-management/products/essential-oil-blend I wanted something to add in rotation to the neem oil. At their .25 ounce/gallon ratio you could get (96) 48 ounce spray bottles worth. Seems like the two ratios could be a preventative and the other an active control ratio?

I got their cover crop blend too but that's another story.

Keep fighting the good fight :yes:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
that stuff actually looks really badass, I just picked up 12lbs of their craft blend pack, looking to try more of their esoteric stuff like the frass and maybe a mineral pack before the next round.
WDI, come by and hang with me on my new vertical adventure in my sig.o and darth you are welcome as well

Latest posts

Latest posts