What's new

Diary Garden Life

JustGrowing420

I have been hearing voices lately. :crazy:

Whispers coming from the depths of the veg tent, telling me the mothers are lonely in there.... :tumbleweed:
I couldn't stand it anymore, so I went out and got them some company.....

The new girls are some Sweet Seeds autos, 3x Cream Mandarine and 2x Bloody Skunk, along with 2x bulk seed Blueberry auto freebies.

As soon as they pop, they go straight to 15L pots with a soil mix with additional coco, then under the LED.
The freebies will get a little racist behavior as the inferior seeds they are (just kidding but they may be) and have only 11L pots to give to them....

Please welcome the new additions, I think they will fit right in...
No need to waste any more time, let's pop em!!!!

fetch

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Yo! Update from the flowering room, end of 4th week 11.5/12.5, switch to 11/13 in a few days.
Temps are steady 28-30C but these beauties handle it pretty good.

Panama Hazes are all flowering, Golden Tigers and PHxMalawi not even close yet :biggrin:
Plenty of time and patience, looks like a nice journey ahead, except for unforeseen things.

I *think* that the major stretch has slowed down, but I wouldn't know, I expect they'll keep slowly stretching for quite sometime.
I feel comfortable though as I have some headroom still.

I also thinned out the main tent somewhat, moved the OTH, a strange Golden Tiger pheno you will see below and the "shortest" PHxM under the 250 hps,
Better light penetration with less dense canopy, I should also strip some lower, no-future lateral branches right about now.

Shots of the tent plus side:

fetch

fetch

fetch

I envision some nice spears forming right here, Panama Haze:

fetch

Also Panama Haze, this one is really sexy to my eyes... a little wild also:

fetch

Golden Tiger really strange pheno, short short short, branchy, thin leaved, slow to flower:

fetch

Have a nice day!

JustGrowing420

yeeeeeah! I dig it a lot, it's a trip to even look at, for me. Gives a sense of tropical vacation, since I'm having none this year. :jump:

Are you growing anything yourself after C4DD and Headbanger?
I am planning to make a run with those two sometime in the winter, provided I can buy seeds.

I think headbanger is due for a new drop at the end of summer though according to karma genetics thread.
Both look really delicious, your C4DD buds had me salivating and dreaming...

Ahh the wonder of cannabis, not much else can compare.

Make those dreams a reality this winter JG.
I run perpetual still have 4 phenotypes of c4ddf2 and headbanger#1 at some stage of flower. I think HB is a good one to sift a couple packs for something killer.
Seeds on hand from Verdant I have Contra D, Chem4 x c4dd, Rhino D, and Chemesia, and Bubba S1. What would you do?:biggrin:

JustGrowing420

Ahh the wonder of cannabis, not much else can compare.

Make those dreams a reality this winter JG.
I run perpetual still have 4 phenotypes of c4ddf2 and headbanger#1 at some stage of flower. I think HB is a good one to sift a couple packs for something killer.
Seeds on hand from Verdant I have Contra D, Chem4 x c4dd, Rhino D, and Chemesia, and Bubba S1. What would you do?:biggrin:

Mmm I would pop the Bubba and either Contra D or Chem4xC4DD to watch and compare with C4DD, would be great!
You will have grown a full family tree by then :biglaugh:
Chemnesia and Rhino D have not sparked my interest so much.

JustGrowing420

Girls have all been up-potted to 11L with my flowering mix. Light schedule has also been changed to 11/13.

The mix has been sitting for 2 months, although I'm not sure the longer, the better. I kept it hydrated however..
Same as the veg mix (bokashi, biochar, dolomite lime, zeolite, gypsum and kelp powder) with the addition of high P guano and ashes high in K, some fish powder also to balance with a bit of N and extra P.

As I said major stretch has stopped but they're still gaining some height. the Purple Haze x Malawi plants have not even started flowering yet...
I am now sure I will have to remove the tent and drill some holes to hang the reflector in the room.
I have only 10 inches to go.... should I also get a 1k lamp and ballast if I do this? or finish them with the 600 for now?
I think it is marginal for the tent so in an open room a little worse, opinions?

Heat is not a problem, I am already running ac, not all day full power to keep it at 80, but I aim at max 88-90 and the plants don't seem to mind.
One of the reasons I chose these for summer is their high heat resistance anyway.

Some photos:

fetch

Panama haze 4 phenos flowering:

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

...and some Purple Haze Malawis not flowering, (after 5 weeks 11.5/12.5, they should soon I believe) expected but makes me wonder!

fetch

fetch

My veg tent is filling up nicely, the mothers got a trim, I also have clones of all 16 plants now rooted.
They all rooted very easily and fast 7-12 days with temps around 90 all the time, some days higher. Golden tigers were the last to root compared to the others.

fetch

I also had 100% success on sweet seeds auto sprouts, the freebies did not do so good, maybe I didn't give them the love they need.
One cracked seed with tiny taproot but died off, the other one shed the casing, half emerged and has been there for the last day, possible it does not make it too.

Left row cream mandarine, middle bloody skunk:
fetch

the one that stopped in it's tracks:
fetch

Soooo... I popped the rest of the packs, 1x Cream Mandarine auto and 2x Bloody Skunk auto more... can't have empty pots now, can we?

Oh, I forgot, my trifoliate clones:

purple haze x malawi:
fetch

golden tiger:
fetch

I think that's all for now. Good day!

Last edited:

Looking bomb i see great things in your future.
More lumens the better of course,.like Tim the toolman Taylor says: more power ugh ugh ugh!
Light falls away very quickly, HID lamps are inefficient, good shades/reflectors and reflective material make alot of difference. If you are growing in an open room try to have it in a corner and along the wall.
To really nail the PAR levels the lux meter is very insightful. That said weed will grow regardless of the light, just the end results will differ.
sucks about the freebies man:comfort:
How did you root your clones?

JustGrowing420

Looking bomb i see great things in your future.
More lumens the better of course,.like Tim the toolman Taylor says: more power ugh ugh ugh!
Light falls away very quickly, HID lamps are inefficient, good shades/reflectors and reflective material make alot of difference. If you are growing in an open room try to have it in a corner and along the wall.
To really nail the PAR levels the lux meter is very insightful. That said weed will grow regardless of the light, just the end results will differ.
sucks about the freebies man:comfort:
How did you root your clones?

Yeah, guess I already know the answer, don't know why I aked opinions lol.

Seems tempting..... but now that I think about it, since I already have a 600, would be nice to get a twin for her, more practical and more economic for my small room.... then again less penetration and extra cost for extra reflector.... gonna smoke a lot thinking about this, need to figure it out!

About the freebies does not suck at all, now I get to see the rest of the sweet seeds packs, didn't count much on those anyway.

As for the clones I just stick them in root riots with rooting gel, and pray, for now. After recommendation at the start of the thread I might build an aero cloner in the future, just to get rid of plugs and for the DIY fun.

To be honest, I don't rely so much on clones at present, if I find something nice and managed to keep it, it is ok.
But for the foreseeable future I plan on hunting after some more seeds. Plenty of lines I want to explore.

I love the variety of seeds, even if there is no "guarantee" on quality so to speak. Might get a bad pheno but fuck it, plenty more to smoke.
And if you go with proven lines, this liability gets smaller.
Not speaking about commercial setups obviously.

....but I just love it, not knowing what to expect, observing differences and similarities, experiencing different expressions of the same genes.

plus a photo of the short GT, to compliment the post (less than 60cm tall):
fetch

JustGrowing420

Phew! It was time, I was stupid for putting a tent in that small of a room from the beginning. I did what had to be done, got rid of the tent for more headroom and added another 600w HPS to spread them out a bit. Much better penetration now and I feel confident growing whatever with that much headroom. Total footprint is 1.2x2 and the plants fill it up good! Here we go:

fetch

Tomorrow is transplant day from root riots to 14l final pots for the Sweet Seeds autos. I'm equally excited for them too. The final number is 3 Cream Mandarines and 4 Bloody Skunks. The two blueberry freebies dies off, along with a cream mandarine which emerged with dried up cotyledons. I had a really hot day during their first days so that may be it.

JustGrowing420

Just finished potting the autos. Soil mix is CBG New Mix 2.0 with blonde/black peat, coco, perlite, lime and EWC. Looks and feels good and airy.
Veg tent to fill really nice also. :)

fetch

Between this and the sativas in the flowering room I think I will finally have enough bud. Not sure how much is enough though. That's what I'm trying to figure out :yay:

I'm down to the last 10 grams of each of the plants from the last run.

My luck, a third trifoliate, this time from seed, not a branch. It is a Bloody Skunk auto. The trifoliate clones don't seem to have less vigor this far.
fetch

fetch

JustGrowing420

Everything looks superb.

Are the sativas in soil? What a are you feeding?

Are you planning to stake or provide support?

Thanks for the compliment yo!

They are in a custom mix I made earlier, have made a post a few pages back, but yes biobizz lightmix as base, soil, or more accurate peat.

I have added some ammendments for P and K mainly also lime and gypsum for lots of Ca plus other goodies but still give them a light dose (1/3-1/2) of biobizz nutes every now and then.
I was also planning on top dressing with guano/ashes mid flowering for an organic PK boost.

I think I will need stakes definitely, can't think of another way right now? net is a lot of hassle it seems for moving around and harvesting.
Have you seen any ill effects from staking with estabilished roots? do the plants seem disturbed a lot if you stick a stake when roots are already there?

I've never noticed any negative effects using bamboo poles. This are small diameter. Its not like you are staking right at the base of the stem, more like the at the sides of the container.

JustGrowing420

Hello all, not much happening since last update but I'm really digging how the room looks now.
As you can see some plants look a little heavy on the N, was not focused enough on their diet last couple days, busy with setting up everything without tent.

Some photos from after the rebuild of the room:

fetch

fetch

fetch

Some PH flowering along:

fetch

fetch

And OTH suspected male (two on left, still can't tell for sure :yay:) and Panama Haze clones rooted at 20/4 light schedule 30C 10 days:

fetch

JustGrowing420

Hey! Had a hash making session today. Bubble bags with ice + water extraction. This was my first touch with this part of our hobby.
Bubble bags I got only 45 micron for start, I know it's not enough with only one bag to get good grades, next time (my cheap ass instinct kicked in).

Input consisted of around 200g larf and 112g trim/shake. Return was 40g (semi dry weight, will update when fully dried).

Mixed strains from my previous run:
That is around 50% Nepal Jam, 30% Moby Dick and the rest Original Skunk and Sugar Haze, dried and cured for 2 months.

Tasted a quick dried joint at 50C air setting in the oven with half open door.
It smells of liver/some type of incense and tastes like concentrated Moby Dick (lemon, sandalwood, sweet) but way more hashy (?). High is warm and active in the head. Nice! Now I want to try cleaner outcome :biggrin:

fetch

fetch

fetch

JustGrowing420

Hello, little update.

First some of the hash I made, pressed manually. I fell in love with it. Powerful smoke and great taste/smell. Now it's gone and I'm a bit depressed.

fetch
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

And on to the flower room. 8th week since flip. 5th week since first preflowers.

Panama Hazes are doing fine, flowering and fattening, Purple Haze x Malawi are all still not flowering, taking over the whole room with their stretch.
Golden tigers are on the way too staying sexy and flowering slowly.

PHxMs got some crazy side branches... If they don't make some progress in the next 10 days, I will get rid of them and put some of the clones to flower.... They have preflowers on every internode, but still refuse to flower.
They have been going on plain water for two weeks now, I believe my nitrogen feeding was excessive and that is part of why they are so slow to flower.

It also seems like these plants flower upside down, with fatter and more mature looking buds in lower branches while still stretching and elongating in tops, this grow is a totally new experience for me, no sativa/indica hybrid, no matter how much % sativa can prepare you for this.

Stakes in the photos are 1.8m for reference.

The full room, turning from garden to jungle :biggrin:

fetch

fetch

The one in the foreground is one of the purple haze malawis, taking it's time.....
fetch

Panama Haze:

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch