What's new

Diary Garden Life

JustGrowing420

Well, auto try went to hell, I did everything wrong :biggrin:
High summer temps (29-32c), burned one from overfeeding, made the mistake of transplanting despite reading against it so many times AND put the LED too close on early days, making things worse.

And as if this wasn't enough, I discovered I had a light leak in the flower room which may have contributed to the Purple HazexMalawi not flowering.
Fixed now and waiting to see if anything changes in a week. Cool summer! Oh forgot, I just ran out of bud too :laughing:

Now for some pics:

fetch

Lots of mutants in the bloody skunk line also, trifoliate, quadrifoliate that on the third nod started growing normally and one with alternating nodes since first true leaf.

fetch

fetch

fetch

So since about 2 of the autos look like they are doing good, I will fill the remaining space with clones from my mothers, Sugar Haze and Moby Dick.

fetch

I have to say I enjoyed much less my summer this far, compared to my spring grow, I must plan next year better so I don't have to grow in july and august..... I must also let go of photoperiod knowledge and start anew with autos.

JustGrowing420

Hmmmm... I'm starting to freak out here! It's end of week 8 since flip... It's so hard to get pics of the garden like last run...

Even since I fixed the light leak, most Purple Haze x Malawis are not acting any different and sure don't seem like they'll flower soon...

2 of them are showing some pistils on tips of branches but nothing major, I knew they were gonna take a long ass time to flower from seed, but sure did not expect this..... I think I'm gonna change to 10/14 from tomorrow.

GTs are really slow too but at least seem like they will get there. Only Panama Haze is flowering normally, also pretty advanced into flowering compare to others, except #6 which also seems the wilder of them all at 2 meters before bending....

An example shot of PHxM followed by a panama haze that has an extreme elongated top.

fetch

Panama Haze:

fetch

All plants have started flowering from the bottom up, which I *think* it's normal. Don't really know what to do right now, guess I'll just wait and see.
If by next week no sign of flowering, I will sadly have to cut down on the PHMs... Leave the two that are showing some signs...

Panama Haze smells heavenly, from menthol to fruity to metallic to straight incense on one... Also nice running buds all over branches on all of them.
Sorry for not updating as often or with many photos but last two weeks they have me stressing a lot....

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looks great after what they been through with the heat! Hope you'll have a great harvest. Those sativas look crazy!

JustGrowing420

Thanks guys!

GMT no hatred at all! I just found it interesting that in 4 seeds 3 had mutations, maybe cause of high temps during germination?

It is entirely my fault that they were so stunted, I was seeing those sativas handling the heat well, and got too excited, thought the autos would do great too.
I made some other mistakes like having the LED too close and feeding too soon, also started them in root riots instead of direct in the final container, so with that said it's game over for autos, they are not forgiving at all. I kept 2 Cream Mandarine autos that did better, just to see how they end up, the rest would have produce 2 grams/ plant hahahahha

exploziv yeah with temps between 27C at night time and 32-36 at daytime wit A/C on, I think you are right, things could have been much worse.

Turned the lights to 10/14 today, to give them extra incentive to flower hahaha, let's see! Hope I find the courage to do a Panama Haze photoshoot one of these days, I really love how they are flowering.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I misinterpreted the term "bloody skunks" as a dis. Didn't realise it was their name until after I posted sorry. I'm rather find of tri's and quads myself, so felt a little defensive towards them lol. Yeah 75% is a huge number. Though temps won't affect that, but it may have had an influence on them reverting back to normal bifoliar plants. Anyway, subbed now, so I'll be watching.

JustGrowing420

I misinterpreted the term "bloody skunks" as a dis. Didn't realise it was their name until after I posted sorry. I'm rather find of tri's and quads myself, so felt a little defensive towards them lol. Yeah 75% is a huge number. Though temps won't affect that, but it may have had an influence on them reverting back to normal bifoliar plants. Anyway, subbed now, so I'll be watching.

Heheh yeah, I never dis plants, I only dis myself :biggrin:

Here is another trifoliate for you, a clone from a single lower branch from a Golden Tiger that otherwise is "normal". As you can see when alternating nodes start, trifoliate stops. This is all new to me.

fetch

JustGrowing420

Give my thread bruised nuts a read sometime, you may find it interesting

Cool, some great info in there, cleared up some things for me regarding trifoliates.

Picked a book title also out of it, Cannabis Evolution and Ethnobotany.

Time for some more reading!

JustGrowing420

Not much to update on from the flowering room, except that after fixing the leak and turning down to 10/14, there finally seems to be real progress with the PHxMalawi, they are starting to flower at last, ever so slowly, but starting.

I want to smoke them all so I will try to keep them even if it means having to chop them up badly to fit.

I also welcomed a new addition to my seed collection, I am excited but I will have to wait a couple rounds before exploring them.
I had been thinking about this for quite a long time, finally in my possession.

Karma's Headbanger with some London Loud freebies (UK Cheese x Sour D bx2, not much more that I could find).

Click image for larger version  Name:	new seeds - headbanger.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	17927932

JustGrowing420

Time for an update, a shameful one but an update nonetheless, took lots of photos yesterday, but things with the Purple Haze x Malawi are not going very well.

Even after fixing the leak and turning down to 10/14, only 2/6 seems to respond in any way and seem like they start flowering but I think I fucked them up good until now so maybe they have to go?
I have been thinking of topping the clones of them I have, to keep the toppings as clones again and putting the already rooted clones to flower but I can't bring myself to chop the big plants already in there....

The Panama Hazes are flowering but some have stretched a lot on the top, so much that I am now 100% sure it's my fault and not some crazy pheno as I thought until recently. Some seem to not mind at all though. The stretch happened almost overnight about 2 or 3 weeks ago and has since stopped.
Could a high temp day that the a/c failed (~38-40C) or the light leak have done this? When I say light leak, it is some dimmed light from a small piece of the window that had the panel I put fall of, behind two blackout curtains. It went on for around 10 days before I noticed.

Golden Tigers are in same position as Purple Haze Malawi, seem to neither flower nor stretch. Can high N earlier during start of flowering cycle have done such damage along with the light leak?? They seem like they will never flower. Something is clearly wrong and I have done what I can until now, don't have a clue what else to do. I haven't fed them except for what is in the soil in weeks, only yesterday I gave them a very low dose of Bio-Bloom to see if extra P can get a response from them but seems that even this low N (2-7-4 for biobloom) has claw effect on some after so many days (at least 15) without feeding.

Temps in the room are steady 30C at lights off, 34 at lights on with a/c. I have 3 fans blowing air around, two on top and one under the canopy.

I took lots of photos yesterday, at ~9 weeks since flip, so anyone that has anything to say about the state of my flower room is welcome, positive/negative/anything, just some constructive criticism to help?

Here are the Panama Hazes:

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

Other top from same plant, looking normal:

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

And a Purple Haze x Malawi, I only photographed one, since all are about same size/condition

fetch

Some lower branches from the one that seems to start flowering???

And a branch from the top, that still looks like stretching

Golden Tiger #2, been in about the same stage of flowering for ever, I overfed it early on as evident by clawing and dark green leaves, but since no fertilizer applied for a long time.

fetch

Lower branches also seem to be further along than the tops, that's the case with every single one of the plants this round.

top branch:

fetch

That's all for now.... any insight and advice is greatly appreciated and I mean it, from "keep them going", to "you have seriously fucked up go grow some hybrids" ,

I am ready to keep only the Panama Hazes and start with fresh clones of the others if I have fucked them beyond saving.

Have a nice day all, I will have another stressful one :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
JustGrowing420 great thread bro, good and easy reading, clean and organized like the grpw, good, one of those i like tp keep in my browser to get an eye frpm time to time..

remember im just a newb but i think the light leak may be the culprit of your problems..i say this because from everything i read along the years, N spikes in flowering makes them stretch but with only one finger leaf.. normally the light cycle 12/1 makes them stretch and look like they are ready to start fully flowering and not really start like you know, also i read also that this is a good light cicle to kinda train plants how you want them to be cause they dont stretch much more when fully flowering..maybe the purple haze x malawi is a bit slower to start flowering and maybe that light leak hit her in a stage wher she could really start to do it but didnt?maybe that and too much n?
for example my clones that i have in the window sil also have those 3 finger leafs and i think is because of the light polution in the dark cycle

I find That bio bloom is good to keep small moms at long term than bio grow since this one dont have p..

Maybe a Flush to remove some excess N from the soil on the purple haze x panama and finishing with a only bloom feed would help?

Maybe im just all wrong since im a newb, but anyway great thread, please dont stop it

Peace :tiphat:

JustGrowing420

Hey Sampas92, nice to see you here.
I am a noob myself :biggrin: and a total noob when it comes to 100% sativas! :biggrin: I have come to the same conclusions as you.

But I think that with sativa, when they mature sexually, the start producing leaves with less fingers. In a thread about a Malawi that takes forever to flower (https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-v...wi-taking-a-long-time?p=17893299#post17893299),
dubi said that single bladed leaves are sign that she has matured, maybe I interpreted it wrong though. It could be a sign of light pollution and reveg as you say? I really don't know. But from photos on the forum, I find three and one bladed leaves are common in these plants.

I have only fed biobloom since I noticed all this, but one concern of mine is that it is low in K as it is meant to be used along with biogrow, which has high K, through flower, according to biobizz chart... The color of leaves is starting to get healthier, not so dark. I'll keep them going for some weeks more and see how it goes. I experimented by topdressing two of the Panama Haze with guano (P) and palm tree ash (K) to see if they do better with no added N.

I think I got too excited too early and have more than I can manage, at least it will be a great lesson whatever the outcome.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi JustGrowing420,

I'm sorry for not chime in earlier :( I've been a few weeks out trying to rest from work, came back yesterday to start working again.
So sorry to hear the problems you are facing when flowering your sativas indoors. When a tropical sativa revegs in flowering mode is usually due to light leak-excessive temps-excessive nitrogen, or a blend of these 3 which in my opinion is what unfortunately is happening here.

JustGrowing420

Hi JustGrowing420,

I'm sorry for not chime in earlier :( I've been a few weeks out trying to rest from work, came back yesterday to start working again.
So sorry to hear the problems you are facing when flowering your sativas indoors. When a tropical sativa revegs in flowering mode is usually due to light leak-excessive temps-excessive nitrogen, or a blend of these 3 which in my opinion is what unfortunately is happening here.

Hey dubi.

No problem of course there is need to rest. I am just a bit stressed with these and want to minize losses.

No worries I knew something is wrong but wasn't sure if reveg, hope blinded me thinking they just stretched reacting to the light leak and would continue normally. Thanks for clearing this up.

Of course I had problems with all 3 factors you mention.

I just don't know if it's worth keeping them or finish this here. 2 plants are not affected much or at all(Panama Haze #2 and #4 from post above, I will post today's state when lights come on), maybe keep those?
So it's time to cut most down probably?

All Purple Haze Malawi and a Golden Tiger were not flowering at the time of the light leak, will those flower normally or are they too stressed and keep being in this state for eternity? I'm guessing even if they flower, they would not produce the quality they could.

I'm guessing I'll have to end this run prematurely, just want to be sure before trying something drastic like this.
Your opinion on this would be much appreciated.

Fortunately I have kept clones of all of them, so now that temps are dropping and I took care of the light leak, I could try again immediately.

Thanks again.

edit for photos:

Panama Haze #1

fetch

fetch

a whole cola in a series of pictures to get an idea (bottom seems way more advanced into flowering)

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

Panama Haze #2 (this one is very little affected or so it seems to me, it could finish without problems I guess)

fetch

fetch

fetch

Panama Haze #3 (same situation as #1)

fetch

Panama Haze #4 (this one looks kinda ok too)

fetch

fetch

here is a bottom bud, again looking more done:

fetch

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Well, yesterday was a somewhat sad day. I decided to take down all but one of the Purple Haze x Malawi and one Golden Tiger that were stagnant, to cut down on electric cost, gathered all the remaining under one of the lights and put the other off.

I left all Panama Haze there to see what will become of them, as I said 2 plants may finish properly, maybe with a delay, but they don't look too bad at this time. The others have stretched their tops too much and may end up with rotten buds on the bottom and fresh growth on the tops.

At least they showed me what is wrong in the room as I was too dumb to check thoroughly myself. A hard lesson.
Now everything is in order I think room-wise (until I find the next problem) :biggrin:

JustGrowing420

I thought it's time for an update.

Since the problems with reveg, every day has been like a trip :biggrin:, partially because of this and more so because I still smoke rarely, only when friends smoke me out. Tough times.

The reveg took some 4 weeks to sort itself out, in this time you see the results in previous posts. Now they have resumed flowering but with a huge difference between fresh top growth and middle-bottom more ripe buds. Only one way now and that is take them to the end and see what comes of them.

As I said no more Purple Haze x Malawi in the house, but I put some clones of them because I can't leave it like this, I want to see them... Also one Golden Tiger left, a monster by this time. As for the Panama Hazes they are all still there.

To compensate for the empty space I also put in flower two moms I was keeping since the previous grow, a Sugar Haze that fixed my mood just right, that I loved and a Moby Dick with orange-incense taste. Also when drying the last harvest and wiped the room floor I found one seed and thought that I should immediately pop it, I think it comes from Moby Dick as they have almost exactly identical stem rub smell and leaf pattern etc.

Also now that the veg tent is almost empty, I have the honor to pop some Surreal V2 seeds, thank you very much for the chance MAHA KALA .
The plan is to veg the seed plants, take clones and flower those so it will be some time from now, Ι should have done the same with the current ones but now what's done is done.

Last, some Cream Mandarine autos that survived my handling are smelling really really good, still developing, for now a pungent fruity smell.

Let's go to the photos, first the good ones, then the sorry sativas that I fucked... poor plants have to endure me.

Cream Mandarine auto:

fetch

Other pheno:

fetch

Sugar Haze:

fetch

fetch

Moby Dick:

fetch

fetch

The accidental seed:

fetch

fetch

Golden Tiger:

fetch

Panama Haze 1:

fetch

Panama Haze 2:

fetch

Panama Haze 4:

fetch

Panama Haze 5:

fetch

Panama Haze 6 (this has gone pretty wrong, don't know if I will manage to take it to the end...):

fetch

Baby Surreals :biggrin:

fetch

That's it, see you around!

JustGrowing420

And update on my garden, panama hazes are now very close to finishing, I think.
It is middle of week 16 for them but reveg in early flowering has delayed them a lot.
This also means that they do not look at their best but thought I'd share anyway.

I am glad I decided to continue after this happened though as the aromas now are really interesting, spicy-woody-citric mainly.
I have also harvested one pheno about 10 days ago, smells minty and little bit spicy, not much taste but very interesting high.

Early samples I have smoked from most of them are not very clear I would say, somewhat dense but all in the head.
Music sounds really good on it and when you smoke it from the morning it does not make you tired after half the day. Certainly quality must have suffered with my bad handling but they might finish after all, it is what it is now :biggrin:

Some pics of the harvested one:

fetch

fetch?photoid=17976808.jpg

fetch

plus some dry shots of test buds from other phenos taken 10 days ago:

fetch

fetch

The rest in flowering:

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch?photoid=17976815.jpg

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

#6, really, I mean really affected by the light leak, easily 5 weeks behind all others....
fetch

fetch

Moby Dick (first) and Sugar Haze (second), around one month in flowering, halfway there:

Some dry Cream Mandarine auto buds, really tasty smoke, actually mandarine, earthy, sweet and sour with warm lazy high:
fetch

fetch

Last edited: