What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Garden Life

JustGrowing420

Moby Dick #5 buds trimmed and ready for jar. Plentiful harvest and nice woody-incense-deep lemon aroma in that order!
Fat buds and almost 0 larf.

Now I deserve a fat joint of this, it was a breeze to trim but still...

fetch

JustGrowing420

Wow! You've done a super job growing those buds! Thanks for sharing. 😎

Thanks for checking me out and for your kind words man! I am impressed myself although there is plenty room for improvement.

I have kept cuttings of almost everything, so another run in the future referencing my notes will be perfect!

I am at home for one month regarding medical issues so I have a feeling there will be plenty of photos! Until the coming week everything should have been trimmed so...

JustGrowing420

Sugar Haze #4 Dry photos:
sick smell, will get back to it.
Has a different kind of resin, very sandy between the fingers

fetch

fetch

fetch

JustGrowing420

Sitting at home is so boring. Good thing is my seedlings are growing and in two days I'm gonna get a new light! A Lumatek Attis 300W led.
And possibly one more 1.2x1.2 tent to hold my mothers, vegging plants and 2,3 or 10 autos! Then I'll have to sleep in the living room ha! No prob...

So... seedlings and some drying colas I photographed out of boredom. Only a couple hours until one more Moby Dick is ready for jars.

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

JustGrowing420

Moby Dick #3 dry shots:

fetch

fetch

fetch

This one I let go a little more amber, I think shows in the buds' hue. Has that orange tint.

I'll have a hard time selecting which one to keep! Maybe all of them? Some different nuances in the smell and taste make each one worthy.
High is a warm relaxing but not couchlock, typical sativa hybrid I would say but I need to test it cured too.

JustGrowing420

Those buds look golden man! Congrats! 🎊 🎉

p.s. great pics, also! :wave:

Thanks! It's really really sweet and I mean dessert kind of sweet. And like a church at the same time.
The amber also shows in the high. It's much more mellow and relaxing than it's sisters.
I find the official strain description very accurate, it's a little beast.

I'm too excited right now, I expected 4-5 plants to be exceptional but everything until now has surpassed my expectations.

JustGrowing420

Another plant in jars... Reserva Privada OG18. Not like any kush, probably isn't. No earthy taste to be found. Pity. Still a nice plant.
Finally my stash is getting to a nice size. And I got 5 more plants to go through!

fetch

fetch

fetch

JustGrowing420

Yet another one... this time Moby Dick #4. Finger/Scissor hash had such an amazing taste. Musky lemon covering all your mouth. More sour than the others.

I also got the new light at last. Now just a tent and extraction. I'm ready to go perpetual. I really am!
I also want to explore the auto world, some pretty sweet autos have come up like auto zamaldelica and this will make it possible.

Tomorrow I will be repotting the little sativa devils. They look really vigorous but I love the challenge.
I just have not grown anything like this before. Hope my skills are up to par.

Photos:

fetch

fetch

media
fetch

JustGrowing420

And another one... every morning I wake up early, make me some coffee and start trimming!

Moby Dick #1:

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

I was dreaming about all of this every single day since my first grow, no kidding.

JustGrowing420

What's up? been pretty busy today, gave the grow tent/room a good cleaning with bleach, transplanted the seedlings and hang the new light.
I have to say, my first contact with LED and I am surprised. The spectrum seems really quality, and the green of my plants is so vibrant, didn't show like this under HPS.

Transplanted in 5lt pots. Also used some myco, just spread it in the planting hole.
Will keep them in these until they're done stretching, then in 11lt pots for the rest of their lives.
I may top dress with some 4-5-1 fish (bone?) meal in a week or two.

fetch

fetch

Solo Old Timer's Haze, pure haze shows a lot of difference, even considering the rest are 100% sativa haze hybrids.
Such delicate pointy slender leaves. I feel I'm gonna experience some special things this round!

fetch

The light, looks like an alien mothership in this photo....

fetch

JustGrowing420

Greetings again from my garden, this time I have some Skunk1 dry shots.

Pheno #1:
This one is fruity-herbal with too much and too thick a leaf.
Nice taste but a little muddy-boring high.

fetch

fetch

And #5:
This one is nice, smells acrid-afghan(?)-skunky, has nice bud structure with minimal leaf.
Have not tested this one yet for taste, early semi-dry test was inconclusive but seems very tasty from smell.

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

See you soon with more dry buds and update from the vegging haze plants in the weekend.

JustGrowing420

13 days from seed, everything's off to a very good start.
Well except for a small fungus gnat problem as seen by the sticky trap. Summer is here!

I'm watching them closely and over the next 10 days I'll flip them so they don't get out of control (hopefully).
They are not tagged yet and are not assorted. Light is at 80% currently.

haze plants.JPG

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Greetings again from my garden, this time I have some Skunk1 dry shots
And #5:
This one is nice, smells acrid-afghan(?)-skunky, has nice bud structure with minimal leaf.
Have not tested this one yet for taste, early semi-dry test was inconclusive but seems very tasty from smell.

See you soon with more dry buds and update from the vegging haze plants in the weekend.

Hey JustGrowing420

Congrats on your successful perpetual, really nice and tasty buddies. Beautiful plants and flow, that's the way to go!!

Yummy yummyimg here, waiting for my moment to see a dried bud again

JustGrowing420

Marz thanks, though it's not really perpetual yet, working on it though, soon... your moment will come, not too far! and it's so rewarding....

Well, yesterday the last plants went to jars so this concludes my re-entry to the cannabis growing world.
Time to learn some more from these sativas. I also started reading Teaming with microbes and I don't know why I hadn't done that until now... amazing book and pretty easy to digest too.

The plants are doing well, I think I will flip them by the weekend, it's ok if they don't fill up all the space, although I think I will have opposite problem.
My humidity has fallen to around 40% and I bought a small humidifier of about 300ml/hr capacity.
Curious if it will have any effect at all with the exhaust on.
Maybe I will have to program the fan to stay off when lights are off or recirculate the air in the room instead of exhausting outside. :thinking:

I also got a bucket of potassium humate derived from leonardite with 80% humic, 12% fulvic acids.
I am trying to replace the expensive biobizz range with cheaper and maybe better options. Nothing wrong with it but it costs much more than it offers, so I guess something's wrong with it.
I find dry ammendments are really my way to go, both cheaper and I like the notion of preparing your own mix according to your needs, fascinating.

If only I lived in a more secluded or rural area.... start my compost, raise some worms, grow some outdoor trees, also tend to gardens other than cannabis, a free-energy setup with renewable sources for an indoor grow...

...sorry, pics:

Sugar Haze #6:

fetch

fetch

Sugar Haze #3:
Heh... look at the "buds" of this pheno , it's my short one.... it does have a seductive red fruit with earth smell though.... in it's defense it has been living on the edge of a 250 light.

fetch

and one of the two bagseeds I grew in the beer cups, turned out pretty nice and smells really sour and skunky, the other one went straight to my hash pile:

fetch

JustGrowing420

17 days from seed today, I topped the plants at the 3rd node and labeled them.
My original plant was letting them go untopped.
I will top them one more time for four tops and clear the two nodes below, then flip.
This way they will outgrow the space horizontally instead of vertically, but I'm equipped with 3 lights so I think I'll manage.
sorry for lights off/on difference in photos..

Click image for larger version  Name:	veg before topping.JPG Views:	0 Size:	92.3 KB ID:	17880911

Click image for larger version  Name:	veg after topping.JPG Views:	0 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	17880912

JustGrowing420

A photo with better white balance plus some red blood from the topping of golden tigers. 2/3 showed it.
Don't know if it has something to do with anything, interesting trait nonetheless.
Purple haze x Malawi showing some purple stripes on the stem also in 3/6 I think.

fetch

fetch

fetch

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Hello, updates are more scarce now that the girls are not yet flowering and the buds are all jarred.
All good though, been (over)enjoying my flowers and I really like all of them.

I gave the plants 3 days to recover from topping and as soon as they picked up I flipped them, on the 20th, 11.5/12.5 schedule.
Top dressed one PHxM with a tiny sprinkle of fish powder and wood ashes along with 3 tbsp
of some local EWC that look, feel and smell really good, I know that doesn't say a thing but first impression is good. I'm gonna top dress the rest of them after I see that this one is ok with this dosage.

They are going crazy, here they are 5 days from flip, today. Excuse my first pathetic attempt at suppercropping(?), up until now I have always let plants grow in their natural shape, so not familiar with training techniques, time to learn though.

fetch

Also a group shot of the 3 GT I have going, really different up to this point, the one on the right, #3, has really short internodal distance, about 2-3cm, yet leaves have and interesting appearance. Has not been so vigorous as the other two, I think it shows too.

fetch

Finally the single OTH that popped, really don't know what I'm gonna do with this, hope it's a male maybe? so I can play with making my seeds for the first time? whatever comes is good.

fetch