What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Free your fluorescent bud pics!!

Bud Hi

about 2 weeks to go.. Bagseed, got one plant that is purple hairs.

16 plantsx2ft tall.. under/in 20-75w,,,T-12's

Frosy

TT105 growing?

TT105 growing?

Anybody out there use those TT105 fluoros? I heard that they work very well. Would love to see the results.

K

khaleel

hey everyone looking great!!!

burninheavy420: thanks for the compliments, nice buds yourself! :muahaha:

on a side note, i have recently come to the realization that few people new to this site know about the reputation points... if you guys see some pics you like, or someone gives good advice, hit them up with some rep. its the "scales of justice" looking thing in the lower left portion of their post. only give it if you think the grower deserves it, but don't be stingy, it makes the site a little more fun. (don't worry about little ol' me, it's my thread so that would be considered trolling... besides i've already got my second dot so i can die a happy man. lol)

i dedicate this thread to all the jokers who told me fluorescent grows were a waste of time. let's keep proving 'em wrong! :smoke:

K

khaleel

/\/\/\/\/\/\ outstanding stuff budhi!! those nugs look great, that still trips me out seeing them pulling right up and through the tubes! :kewlpics:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bud Hi again.

Last edited:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran

Trusty C99 clone done with the home made lamp above :smile:
:muahaha:
I still prefer a nice HPS tho, but these lil' shits ain't that bad :smile:

Bud Hi

khaleel said:
/\/\/\/\/\/\ outstanding stuff budhi!! those nugs look great, that still trips me out seeing them pulling right up and through the tubes! :kewlpics:

the only hot spots are on the ends, I weave them in and out, they are about 2 and 1/2 ft tall.
the tubes are about 1 ft above the soil, I think next week, they will be gettin sampled. :spank:

K

khaleel

man those look great budhi, you'll have to let us know how they taste! :joint:

ok here's a lot of pics, all Super Ice, day 57/harvest, veg'd under 200 watt compact floro, bloomed under four T5's:

Blindin' thread-inspiring

Blindin' thread-inspiring

Khaleel, I love this thread m8.

I come and scroll through a few pages when I start feeling like throwing the towel in on my first grow.

Great source of inspiration!

I may well have given up if it wasn't for the outstanding results yourself and others who have left posts and pics here are getting. I have limited resources at the moment (I know that the cost of running lights, regardless of their operating composition, is based on watts per kilowatt hour: I just couldn't afford the extra electric needed to cool a grow cab with a HID light!) so am using CFLs all the way (125w 6400k blue for Veg & 325w(in total) 2700k red spectrum for bloom). I can end up feeling really despondent about my grow when I read some of the negative remarks that people make about growing under CFLs. For instance, I was told that I shouldn't expect to achieve anything more than 12g in one hit with my set up and that the bud will always be below par. :bashhead: Being a total newb, I can fall for such statements, hook, line, and sinker. As a result, I have been close to scrapping my project a few times now. But then I clicked on the link and discovered this thread!

Wicked stuff m8!

I am gradually reading through all of the diaries that are linked to via posts on this thread! For the duration of this first grow, I doubt I will be able to add to my humble 3 light collection. What I have now are Envirolites but will almost certainly invest in some more fluoro lighting for future grows. I am purely growing for personal/medicinal use so am after good quality herb first and foremost. It seems that, if I stick at it, I can potentially yield some high quality green with the lights I already have!

Many thanks for starting such a good thread.
Even more thanks for starting the thread that has stopped me from switching off the illumination for good!
Surely this is the future of growing? I would be such a hypocrite if I threw silly amounts of electricity at my grows for I am an active eco/environmental protester. Change starts with the individual. If all of us don't make the requisite lifestyle changes both individually and collectively, none of us will be able to grow anything for we will either be under a few metres of sea water or starving to death in a desert. So, saying that, I am most def gonna get a set up with the Spectrum Reflex fluoros instead of HPS and all of its gubbings when I can afford to splash the cash. Those systems look wicked m8!

Anyway, that's me. I am starting to waffle on so will leave you all in peace :joint:

Nice work folks! One day I will possess the grow skills that have made this thread so good!

Peace

bun2

PS:You can be sure I will be uploading some pics of my 1st attempt at growing this tasty herb! Anything to further bolster the positives about CFL/Fluoro growing! :wave:

JDK

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

Grown with 125w CFL

K

khaleel

JDK: great pics! :wave:

bun2sklff: inspiration is a beautiful thing, my friend. many thanks for the compliments and kind words. and if you are growing just for personal use and not worried about quantity, go organic and let the floro's roll. give 'em some of that love that you feel for making the world a better place, and those plants will give it back. drop a line and let me know when you get your thread started! :rasta:

replies

replies

Kahleel

drop a line and let me know when you get your thread started!

I am hoping to start a thread about my grow soon enough Kahleel! Your words of encouragement have definitely helped the cause m8. I am indeed only after a bit of quality and now I am looking forward to helping the cause by way of posting any results I have had with my methods!

give 'em some of that love that you feel for making the world a better place, and those plants will give it back

I hear what you're saying about the love bit too. I'm sure it (love) can transcend boundaries between living things on a level that we are yet to see. If I stop loving my dog, his life will become horrible :badday: No love=neglect+abuse The same has to go for all living things that man lauds it over eh? Talking to the plants and all that gets mocked but the principal behind it is an essential prerequisite that, if we wish to exist in harmony with all other living things, we must bring into our lives each and every day. We are, after all, as much a part of this environment as anything we choose to grow or rear. Love is more than an emotion. It needs life, thought, action...

Sorry, I was getting all Jung then. Best I don't give up the day job eh!

JDK! Those pics stoked my fire too m8!!! :bigeye:

I know it is hard to tell what is there from a photo but reckon what you have kindly shown us would keep me going for at least a month. If I manage to grow one like that I would be as happy as larry m8! I think that the trickiest bit will be in trying to stagger the time of each plants grow cycle so I can get a regular harvest like you folks do! Gonna have to do some more reading up for sure.

Here's hoping eh!

Oh yeah, if you're still reading this kahleel, I was wondering about how you train your plants to grow in a circle? I see that you have to tie them to the pot to stop them from growing vertically but how do you do it without hurting them? Is it best to wait for a few weeks and start tyeing them while they are on a veg cycle or do you have to wait until 12/12? I am thinking that, at only 2 or 3 weeks old, it would stress such youngsters out? I ain't gonna try doing it until I have grown a couple normally but like the way you can get light to the otherwise lower bud sites on a plant by LST. Hats off m8!

That's me,

Again: love the thread:smoke:

all the best

bun2

K

khaleel

bun2sklyff said:
Talking to the plants and all that gets mocked but the principal behind it is an essential prerequisite that, if we wish to exist in harmony with all other living things, we must bring into our lives each and every day.

right on (to everything you said, not just this). and the people who mock such things grow shitty weed. lol not to mention i feel sorry for, imagine to be forced to live a life under such an isolated paradigm... to not feel a connection with anything except other people (and even few at that, in certain folks' case) must suck ballz. poor miserable bastards. then again some take it a bit too far, imho... eh, life isn't in one or the other, but the balance. brings me to an excellent segue, for LST is the same idea. you must stress the plants enough to strengthen them, but know when to stop so as not to break them.

ok i'm stoned off my ass, btw. :asskick: this super ice is dried perfectly and i am feeling higher than i have in a long time. (cut way back on the smoking. job can do that to ya. lol) but it is def the best i've grown yet. very indica, my friend(s).

peace out. the LST thread is in my signature line. if you like a grower on here (or just want to see if they can back up their mouth), the best place to start is any links in the signature line.

good luck on your grow, i'll be watching for it. keep it safe! :rasta:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Damn you all are doing a great job with the fluoros. There are some interesting ways you can set your light systems up. I wish i could put my hps in the middle of a plant LOL. Very interesting indeed.

LST

LST

Cool m8,

Gonna have a butchers at that thread in a mo. Things are looking good here as well so will get a thread and pics up. Sounds like you got the hang of it Kahleel.

Take it easy all

bun2

Latest posts

Latest posts