What's new

Flush or Don't Flush... I DARE you to post your ppm's!!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
really...
i feed up2 1600 and 1800 on occasion.... but always flush 2 weeks
i grow for flavor n taste n potency... and safety
but to "ruin" all your weed like that, no bag appeal and bad taste?

correct me if im wrong...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dam dude I cant even get that high without hurting my girls. 1200ppm is the Highest I have ever given my ladys. Most of the time its 1000 ppm...

Homebrewer

Veteran
really...
i feed up2 1600 and 1800 on occasion.... but always flush 2 weeks
If I knew you personally, I'd make you a monetary bet that if you fed somewhere between 1.0-1.4 EC, that you'd actually get better tasting buds off more productive plants and they'd be more potent. If you fed at more reasonable levels, you also might find that you don't need to correct 7 weeks of overfeeding with a 2 week flush ;).

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
:
If I knew you personally, I'd make you a monetary bet that if you fed somewhere between 1.0-1.4 EC, that you'd actually get better tasting buds off more productive plants and they'd be more potent. If you fed at more reasonable levels, you also might find that you don't need to correct 7 weeks of overfeeding with a 2 week flush ;).
:yeahthats

Edit: and I'll bet the water cure would be even smoother.

señorsloth

Veteran
so you haven't grown in 2 years, but you post thousands of times and whore for feedback? design unscientific tests that you yourself couldn't even carry out because you don't grow? on top of that you spend a good portion of your signature bashing one of the legends of growing...i couldn't be less interested in what you have to say...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also...
i love how threads just go waaay off topic so quick,
noone wants to clear up water curing, just talk about what ppms they feed at and take shots @ who honestly tells their ppms....
it makes herb safer 2 smoke (altho its a pretty safe drug 2 begin w. rite?)
ruins taste and look, but makes it smoother smoke.....
im not sold, but still interestd prolly just gon look elsewhere 4 info @it
not to say i wont try it n post my results here..... isnt that what this thread is 4?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Those looking for info on Water Curing.... thank you Avinash.miles for posting the thread and head on over.

Those interested in nailing this down... hang in there. Still looking for data folks. :D

As for my sig? You need to change your meds. The highlights in my sig are simply two points that Lucas himself has posted that correct wrong information being spread by the OG FAQ... and a bunch of morons that don't understand what they're posting about. Bashing what? Wow.

Personally I'm looking to see if I can source a scale and EC meter. *shrug* Start testing the local crap I get around here. LOL testing the dispensary garbage would prove to be interesting at any rate.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

señorsloth

Veteran
the test isn't scientific, because it doesn't account for dusty buds, some people grows are like wind tunnels, and depending on how dusty the place is 2 people could do identical grows, down to the last grain of nutrient and drop of water and still end up performing completely different for your "test" if one dudes buds were spotless and the other was kinda dusty, even though it's not enough to even see with the naked eye.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
the test isn't scientific, because it doesn't account for dusty buds
Umm... drop a bunch of dust into some water and tell me the E.C. change.

The test will be more than accurate enough... care to post yours?

:blowbubbles:

edit: You're not admitting to growing dusty, nasty bud... are you? :D

dub 6

Question:

How do we know that the ppms we're reading in the water is from nutes, and not other naturally occurring substances in the plant?

And couldn't we use regular water if we tested the ppm beforehand and factored it in?

Anyways, I'll try the experiment.

im high right now so my gears are turning... :thinking: what if you used a control plant, identical clone, fed lesser (or more?) nutes on the same schedule, and compare the flushed and unflushed ppms to that of the regularly fed plant? then you would check for a ratio in ppm levels to determine if natural plant contributors are a factor in your data...

adjusted nutes unflushed vs adjusted nutes flushed...

should be proportionate in some way to..

regular nutes unflushed vs adjusted nutes flushed.

make sense?? ill let you mathematicians figure it out. :) :tiphat:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
No need, really.

The ppms will be from both nutes and natural substances that register. The natural substances that register shouldn't vary too much, dust won't affect it much... what we need are a number of people to actually post their results.

Some day.... :D

Homebrewer

Veteran
So this thread got me thinking this morning and I decided to take a ppm reading of my juice drink. Granted, this isn't apples to apples (no pun intended) but I was curious to see what the ppm of my drink was out of my juicer. This drink was made up of 2 leaves of kale, 2 carrots, 1 apple and three bok choy leaves including the bulky stems.

The initial reading was over the 1990 ppm reading of my TDS meter (.7 conversion)...

I then poured off one part juice drink and diluted with one part tap water (50% strength), still too high for my meter...

So I diluted with another part of tap water and finally got a reading of 1530ppm (37.5% strength)...

This means the ppm value of my juice drink was around 3978 ppm which includes my 230ppm tap water. I do realize that this isn't a direct comparison but what can we conclude from this? Fruits and veggies aren't flushed? Would we want them flushed given their potent nutritional value? Would it be 'unsafe' to smoke these fruits and veggies? Maybe I'll dry out some kale and soak a gram for 2 hours or maybe at my next harvest, I'll juice some canna leaves and post a reading :).

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
While I appreciate all of these postings.... the real information is locked in the data.

Unless you're blending your bud before taking the readings.... we're not going to run into issues like this.

And yes... you would want your veggies flushed, if you wanted the best nutritional value....

(edit: It would be wonderful if, at your next harvest, you posted readings taken from your flushed and unflushed plants. :D Thanks so much!)

I'd prefer if you made a separate thread on juicing plants and their ppm readings. Please.

Homebrewer

Veteran
While I appreciate all of these postings.... the real information is locked in the data.

Unless you're blending your bud before taking the readings.... we're not going to run into issues like this.

And yes... you would want your veggies flushed, if you wanted the best nutritional value....

I'd prefer if you made a separate thread on juicing plants and their ppm readings. Please.

I can certainly delete the post if you'd like though I think it's quasi-applicable to what we're talking about here. I think a frame-of-reference is important personally and while soaking a gram of kale in water is more applicable to this thread than the juicing of kale, I still think it's a data point.

Anyways, PM me if you want me to remove the post.

(edit: It would be wonderful if, at your next harvest, you posted readings taken from your flushed and unflushed plants.
biggrin.gif
Thanks so much!)
I posted my 'unflushed' readings a few pages back. I don't overfeed so I don't flush, that's the only reading I can contribute. :tiphat:

Duplicate

Homebrewer, I appreciated your post, thought you had some interesting thoughts and was looking forward to your experiments. Just sayin hahah.

How does that work? Do you have a citation for this?

_Dude

Yeah I'd like to know if tobacco growers flush. I doubt it. I also wondered if produce growers flush (doubt it), but then the flush-fanatics would say we aren't smoking our lettuce. Flushing is one of those things I don't see a shred of evidence for, that people get all militant about.

I don't flush. If I was the only consumer I might, but I only consume a tiny fraction of what I grow. Personally I've never heard a good argument for starving a plant for the last week of the prime of its life, much less 2 (!) weeks.

_Dude

I never flush. I pump the nutes in at 1600 ppms right up to the day I chop the plants so that I can ring out every single last gram of the good stuff that the plants have to offer

^^^

See now there's a man whose brain works like mine does.

I've seen several value judgements on the guy with the 1600ppms and not one person has asked what conversion factor he uses. Doesn't that make a big difference? Nobody even asked what the ppms of his water is.

Latest posts

Latest posts