What's new

Flush or Don't Flush... I DARE you to post your ppm's!!

U

Ultra Current

Ill contribute some date soon but from what you explain in your first post i would never flush RDWC for 2 weeks so i cant do it that way. I can chop some branches right before i flush and then chop some more after i flush for the time that i do. I will also post my feeding schedule and all that i used too. Seems pretty simple. I think theres somehing to learn from this experiment.

To flush or not to flush, that is the question. I've always flushed but considering only diluting my rez this time down to a final of around 250ppm.

We shall see.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
i got a zero water setup . came with a free meter. gonna try a test

SWEeeeeeeet!
:woohoo:

:dance013:

Looking forward to it. :)

In other news.... I may be able to pick up a ppm/tds meter by the end of the summer. Woot! I know, pathetic, eh? Whatever... I'm happy about it. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
^^^

See now there's a man whose brain works like mine does.

I've seen several value judgements on the guy with the 1600ppms and not one person has asked what conversion factor he uses. Doesn't that make a big difference? Nobody even asked what the ppms of his water is.

this and the guy you are quoteing are very very wrong... feeding to the day of chop does nothing but make you weed taste like shit and not burn right...

i flush for 3 weeks the food is ALREADY IN THE FAN LEAVES! feeding late is redicoulous and just cause someone thinks like you doesn't mean they are right... just means they are wrong also.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agree^^ I always stop feeding 2-3 weeks before harvest. There is plenty of Nutrients left in the medium and plant to finish without needing more food. You never want to harvest a green plant. They should look like fall colors or all yellow. Outdoor plants are much different and dont require as much flushing. I still stop feeding they just dont get as yellow as indoor plants do..

I forgot about this thread :)))

Last edited:

Snoopster

Veteran
I grow in coco, big difference. If I grow in soil, I don't feed any nutes the last 2 or 3 weeks. My outdoor doesn't get any nutes after August.

I flush for about 10 days. First with diluted fert, about 25%.
Then I use clearex for a 2-3 days then a couple days of plain water.
The leaves are pretty much all yellow after a few days.

Yellow leaves have to happen. Newbs think my plants are screwed up.

Good flush, good cure and you only have to light a bowl of my weed once.

Last edited:
G

GOOROO

what snoop said...In fact in coco if I go as low as 5 ml of canna a + b my plants will flush perfectly in a weeks time.

thats around 300 ppm of canna a+b on the .5 conversion.

Okay so I'm growing hempy buckets. Perlite/vermiculite. Using technaflora recipe for success. I was wondering what suggested method for last 2 weeks was. I think I'm there now. The recipe says to give sugar daddy and magiccal 7-4 days before harvest and last 4 days flush with PhD water. I thought this sounded good.but I don't wanna keep giving nutes if they don't need it. I have alot if white calyx on main cola. I will post pic later when I get home it might help more.but yea if anybody can steer me right so I don't get burned bud

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Okay so I'm growing hempy buckets. Perlite/vermiculite. Using technaflora recipe for success. I was wondering what suggested method for last 2 weeks was. I think I'm there now. The recipe says to give sugar daddy and magiccal 7-4 days before harvest and last 4 days flush with PhD water. I thought this sounded good.but I don't wanna keep giving nutes if they don't need it. I have alot if white calyx on main cola. I will post pic later when I get home it might help more.but yea if anybody can steer me right so I don't get burned bud

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Since you're in buckets.... do a test.

For one bucket, give it plain water... don't pH it. Preferably R/O water.

For the rest, do what you think you've been told is correct. Use their whatever products.

See which one you like better. Find someone who's really sensitive, find out which one they like better.

:tiphat: