Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

Thread Title Search
Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2004, 11:14 AM #1

Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

Here it is about 1am and I'm gettin settled down now. Been smokin a blend of Lifesaver, grapefruit, and K2 and got lost early in the night jackin with my plants and my Dad came over to harass me,hehe.

Water cure, here we go.
First I pulled a big K2 out her 48 hour darkness episode and readied her for the killin. The K2 was grown from clone using a organic hydro regime of pure Blend and some ammendments. It went 66 days and was flowered under 1200w hps in an e&f setup and was flushed completely in the last ten days leading up to her donation to the cause.
Here is the girl walkin proudly to the choppin block

The three buds I decided to use, I cut them roughly the same length as the jar I am using.

Here is the jar, 1 quart, wide mouth,ball mason jar. I poked 5 breather holes in the lid also

Buds in the jar head first

Fill with room temperature (72 degrees) purified water

K2 victim after major surgury

Deathbed, Beheading, trim, and hang

I hung her intact, minus 3 limbs, in my drying closet for the start of a 6-7 day hang.

I'll post tomorrow with the first rinse and water change

Tex

Last edited by Texas Kid; 12-08-2004 at 11:16 AM..

Old 12-08-2004, 11:23 AM #2

Looking forward to seeing what you think Tex.

Old 12-08-2004, 11:32 AM #3
friendlyfriend
Banned

friendlyfriend is on a distinguished road
Yeah me too.. Testing the waters...
friendlyfriend is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2004, 12:08 PM #4
full time daddy

00420 is a jewel in the rough00420 is a jewel in the rough00420 is a jewel in the rough00420 is a jewel in the rough00420 is a jewel in the rough00420 is a jewel in the rough
nice to tk cant wait to see how she turns out...

from waht i seen on mine you wont see much action in the jar tel about the 2nd day.....
[tokinsmokin]ur blowing my mind here dude this is some fuckin technical shit ur tellin me
[00420] done?>
[tokinsmokin]alright ur a genius
[tokinsmokin]u kind of scare me here man, u answer pretty much every question i've had so far and not only answer it but answer it with the correct answer
00420 is offline Quote

Old 12-10-2004, 06:19 AM #5

Here it is before I changed the water. Not to much discoloration but the water had a strong fresh cut grass smell. The leaves are browning a little bit and the bud itself looks unchanged.

Tex

Old 12-10-2004, 07:56 AM #6

TK, looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished buds. I have some coming down next week that I am going to water cure.

I've been soaking some frosty trim for 3 days with daily water changes. The leafy smell is gone and it now has a minty-lemon scent. The smoke is smoother but still a bit of harshness. I'll let it go for another couple of days.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:25 AM #7
Hooked-On-Grown
Banned

Hooked-On-Grown is on a distinguished road
Tex...... or anyone.....
Can you explain Water Curing for me.......

thanks.....
Hooked-On-Grown is offline Quote

Old 12-10-2004, 09:29 AM #8
bartender187
Bakin in da Sun

bartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the rough
Hell yeah! I was lookin for a nice lil guinea pig to try their buds on this method.

Should be interesting

Old 12-10-2004, 09:52 AM #9

mmmm mmmm! looks like you got quite a bit off those little girls!

hopefully this water curing thing turns out nice, will be trying this on my next run if so!

THC

Old 12-10-2004, 10:04 AM #10
cooked cook
bake at 420 until nicely toasted

cooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nice
Very cool thread TK. I get the idea, that the water is supposed to leach out the icky stuff, but leave the natural yummy weed taste. I also get it that if the water is warm, the resin glands won't break off as easy as cold water (like makin bubble hash) But I gotta say, even though I get the basic idea, it's still a scary thought takin my hard grown nugs and soakin em in water. Let's face it, we all thin "wet buds...ewww"
I'll stay tuned here. I salute you for sacrificing some nugs in the name of stoner science