What's new

Flora-Nova is liquid gold

beago

Recently switched to Maxi from Flora Nova myself. Super cheap and clean!
I already tried the kiss method (maxibloom) ,the rezipe rezs method , and i find that using flora nova gives me way better results, im growin SDIBL and they love their nitrogen , maxibloom is definately cheeper , but in my experience not better peace.

H

highvolt

would floranova be ok to use in a drip set up or would it block the drippers eventually ?
also if its going to be in a res for a week at a time will it stay mixed up or will it seperate from the water to some extent
thanks....

Last edited:
S

sweetypie

ive used floranova in a drip for a few years, and my res holds 11 days worth. i have airstones that come on with the pump for mix/aerate.

hydr1

I use flora nova in ebb and flow, drip, aero, hand fed and all work great.

I have noticed flora nova changes in thickness a bit from batch to batch but usuall when it's a big difference it is due to the fact that I didn't shake it enough

Shake the shit outta your jugs. Two minutes and before every pour.

J

J.C.grower

Awesome thread! once reading most of this one, i will definitely be using Flora Nova for my next grow! i currently am a soil grower and using General Organics complete line, but once seeing what Flora Nova creates, i am changing.
thanks for this mind-changing thread:thank you:

eyes

Veteran
i like the nova myself although i find it needs p and k supplementation in coco. promix is a different story though. 1tsp per gallon or less of 0-5-4 works well.

I have been using Fora nova in a dwc set up for years.I love it and only takes a little bit in dwc.i also throw some kool bloom in there. I was thinking about adding some sweet in there or some type of sugar/mollases additive. You guys have any suggestions?

Flora Nova + Molasses + 24 hours = Stinky!

I have to cap my water jugs to keep the funk out of my room. I guess that means it's working :). The girls really love it though.

i like flora nova. i have used it for years now, it is better than anything else i have tried EXCEPT for BioBizz Bloom. i got way bigger buds with it. So then i stopped, thinking the flora nova was just as good and it must have been something else and got much smaller buds again, so i have switched permanently away from the floranova (and all things GH btw), and only use BioBizz now. and i am only using the biobizz grow and bloom, NOT all the other high priced additives they have. if i could afford to use them, i would probably do better, but at $50-$100 a liter i will pass. i will also say that the first time i used biobizz i only used the bloom and not the grow too. i feel like the grow is almost just pure molasses. and i do not see much benefit from using the two of them over just the bloom product. in fact when i run out of the grow stuff soon, i will just replace it with molasses and see what happens. in all of my 'side by sides' i have always been adding liquid BudSwel too and just CalMag.
if you want the best product i have been able to find, (i have never used H&G however) then get a $22 quart of just the biobizz bloom and throw out the floranova.

i also want to thro this in as far as the GH floralcious plus. i don't see it doing anything either. i have been using it sparingly so maybe not using enuf. thanks to Kodiak for turning me onto the biobizz. toohighmf for the floralcious plus, but like i say, i don't see where it is really doing anything to write online about. it seems to last forever tho.

good things about floranova is its price, its organic, it is recommended by Mandella Seeds. still biobizz bloom is best.

5th

Veteran
This is what I do...

If your running DWC or a res. (I'm doing both) Fill your say...15 gallon res with 14 gallons of your plain water, mix your nutes with the last remaining gallon of water...but use warm water then stir, pour it into the res. n' give it another stir. Works extremely well with that hard chuncky shit we get when were scraping the bottom of our FloraNova bottles...disolves it completely...

Buddamonk

Hey guys, first time poster here...I am currently utilizing canna terra with fox farm medium. I'm fairly new to growi with 3 co ops under my belt, and this being my first solo venture. I do more studying and researching than I post, just tryna find the answer to my own ?s. So here it is....I was under the impression that canna tera was the best way to go for yield and potency (canna being the top fert). I'm curious as to wether anyone has tried this Lucas formula against the canna? If not, I'd love to hear opinions from you fine cannabis "mad scientists". Thanks ahead of time.

5th

Veteran
Welcome to ICmag Buddamonk,

Nutes are like beer. We all have one we like more then others. Your going to have to experiment and try different ones to see what works best for you/your strains.

Side by sides are a lil' sketchy in my opinion...unless of course you can match the enviroment exactly as the person running the test has it set up.

Goodluck.:tiphat:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
FloraNova bloom is great stuff.. Works great all by itself. I used the bloom only for both veg & flower with good results for a couple years time. I ended up going back to Rez's modified lucas with the Flora micro-bloom with the addition of bio-root though. I like to be able to alter the nutrient ratio/content, specifically lowering nitrogen mid flower. The nova doesn't really allow for this.

G

Groseph

Didnt read this thread in its entirety but I used to rock Floranova Bloom like it was gospel. The thick shits works great.

Nova, Pro Silicate, Hygrozyme, Floralicious plus is a great combo.

To make things easier we used to dilute 1:3....1 Qt of Floranova Bloom to 2 Qts RO water. We then just used it at 24mL / Gal and did not have the sediment and sludge problems..

Give it a shot if your arms are gettin' huge and you need to let the rest of your body catch up. :)

.. I am back to flora micro/bloom however because its clean, stable, and effective. I run 6/9 head recipe in coco.. also cutting the micro a few weeks before harvest.

currently finishing a bottle of nova, but for this round of bloom in about 4 weeks ill be buying another bottle of the flora series bloom to go with my micro n returning to the lucas formula n its variations, too much N in flornovabloom, its outta wack for bloom done just right, i started a thread here discusing actually using the floranovagrow and then just the flora series bloom from the lucas when in flower, i think cannabis needs a two part, one parts leave something wanting.

Flora nova is the sh****t. I have bee using the grow&bloom since 2004 with liquid karma&lil koolbloom. I have been thinking about adding sweet or similar sugar based carbo.additive. You guys have any advice for me I would really appreciate it.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I used FloraNova with great results in the past. But since switching to fully organics I never looked back. Once you get things dialed in, its cheaper and a lot easier (water only).

However FN gets the job done! For commercial growers this is the way to go!

Tatz

You got me convinced !
Gonna start a DWC grow in approx a month, Flora Nova is going to help me !