What's new

Flora-Nova is liquid gold

I'm on my third grow/run & started Floranova Grow/Bloom before I finished run #2 just because I was having so many problems with the KISS method and anything else I tried.
That's not to say the KISS recipe isn't worthwhile, I think it is, just strain specific and my being a newb didn't help.
I wasn't having any fun growing because so many issues we're coming up, sometimes on a daily basis.
Five weeks into my 3rd grow & a week since flipping to 12/12 I have yet to have any problems. I wake up to happy plants every morning & that's sweet.
I currently have seven plants receiving:
Watering: water, water, feed, water, water, feed
1 tesspoon per Gallon Floranova Grow/Bloom
1/2 tsp pg Protekt by Dyna-Gro
1 tsp pg liquid Kool Bloom
1 tsp per 5 gal. Floralicious Plus
1 TBL pg unsulphered molasses
PH up/down as needed
PH has been running at 5.6 to 5.8; EC 1.2; PPM 600 or there abouts
During veg. I was adding Cal-Mag once a week at 1/2 tsp pg.

I plan on adding powdered Kool Bloom to the mix late in flower.

This is working well for me. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to speakup.
Cheers,
bruce

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
I plan on adding powdered Kool Bloom to the mix late in flower.

This is working well for me. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to speakup.
Cheers,
bruce

Kool bloom powder should be used from the last week of veg through
the first 3 or 4 weeks of flower, [not during late flower]... other than
that minor detail, the rest is spot on, good luck with your grow man ! :ying:

Your kidding right? KB Powder is a wicked strong PK booster that stresses the fuck out of the plant causing it to increase resin production and ripening, only to be used for the last 4 weeks of flower at the SOONEST.

From the GH website:

KoolBloom Powder, made by General Hydroponics, is a highly concentrated additive that promotes abundant flowering. KoolBloom Powder is designed to be used during the second half of reproductive development and will result in larger, heavier fruits and flowers. KoolBloom Powder also enhances the production of essential oils and fragrances in flowers, culinary, and medicinal herbs. Hydroponic growers should mix your usual nutrient solution, then add 1/4 tsp. per gallon (1.5 grams per 4 Litres). Soild growers should sdd 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. per gallon of water (1.5 grams per 4 Litres), then apply according to your normal watering schedule. For additional nutrient calculations, check out out General Hydroponics Nutrient Calculator.

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Your kidding right? KB Powder is a wicked strong PK booster that stresses the fuck out of the plant causing it to increase resin production and ripening, only to be used for the last 4 weeks of flower at the SOONEST.

I never kid... but hey, use it how ever you want, it's a free country, for me
it's plain old Ph'd water for the last 30 days or so too flush all that shit
out of my plants, can't say I like that sizzle'n nitro taste that makes my
lips numb when I smoke it, but that's just me...call me old fashion, peace.

P.S. check out my grow diary "I think" there's a few macro pics in there [ page 27]
that will show resin production's not really a problem for me either, some pretty good
folks here @ ICmag would seem too agree... :ying:

lil~greensprout - Koolbloom powder is meant to be used the last few weeks of flower.

Koolbloom LIQUID should be used at the begginning of flower until you flush, but the powder koolbloom is a "FINISHER" type product.

Sure you can use or should I say MISUSE the product if you want to that is up to YOU, but stop posting FALSE information about the product. You are not using correctly or following the directions correctly.

I have used this product for YEARS in many different tests and growing environments, it is a GREAT product when you use it correctly which you should actually try one day.

Uhh OK bro, whatever! Just trying to give you information on how to use the product correctly, that is all. If you like what you see when you use the product incorrectly just imagine the difference if you used it as you are suppose to??? Just a thought.

This has nothing to do with "calling anyone out"...LOL!! Just some friendly advice on how the products are SUPPOSED to be used.

Like I said, give it a try one day. You will be surprised how well the products work together and how much difference it will make. TIMING is everything when using products like this so it is important to use them correctly and at the right time in the plant cycle.

And here is some more friendly advice, put your ego aside and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish with little effort.

Cheers!

moonwalkr1

Last I checked it was liquid KoolBloom the 2nd week of flower, then powder KoolBloom in the final 4th-2nd week of flower. I'm no pro though.

I think this is getting slightly off topic from Floranova! lol.

Lilgreen.....I also "misuse" products all the time, I use additives at the "wrong" times, and I use more and less than the recommended doses. I wasn't telling you your wrong, I don't think anyone is. I personally know in this hobby that sometimes what works for you, will not work at all for others, and what works for others sometimes will never work for you etc. The only problem I saw with your post is that you were telling a noob to drastically change the way a very powerful additive, one that is known to cause hermies, is used. Like I said above, it works for you and that's awesome...I checked out your grows and you do have great trich production...but by telling that person that KB powder is ONLY meant to be used last week of veg and first few weeks of flower, that could possibly really mess him up, and any other "noobs" that read your post, who then might go and spread that info to other noobs, and so on. There are also not many people on here that flush for the last whole half of the flowering cycle (30 days) like you either. Your yields look fine, so again, it works for you, and thats awesome....you just gotta think about the way you word your advice depending on who it is, yaknow?

Buddler

Veteran
Uhh OK bro, whatever! Just trying to give you information on how to use the product correctly, that is all. If you like what you see when you use the product incorrectly just imagine the difference if you used it as you are suppose to??? Just a thought.

This has nothing to do with "calling anyone out"...LOL!! Just some friendly advice on how the products are SUPPOSED to be used.

Like I said, give it a try one day. You will be surprised how well the products work together and how much difference it will make. TIMING is everything when using products like this so it is important to use them correctly and at the right time in the plant cycle.

And here is some more friendly advice, put your ego aside and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish with little effort.

Ego,friendly Advice, the" Bio master " knows all about timing and i bet if you timed it right and didnt use kool bloom .buds would just as nice and taste better :moon:

kaka_

The FloraNova line is the best and most simple nutrient I've ever used. It ph's about perfect everytime... no more science projects with 3 parts. I did like the AN line but there is something to be said about simplicity.