What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Attempt at indoors - Coco

G

Geez Louis FatherTime, LOL thats quite the story man... Glad u made it out safe, I done sumthing similar in HIGH school shop class... ELECTRICTY RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!! :yoinks:

Between that n bein Baptized by the AC sounds like a day to remember but a day to forget....

Stay Safe mang

F

Father Time

High friends,
thanks for droping past,yes yesterday was a Shocker... but am back on track today. :woohoo:

i have the trays fitted n the room and plumbed,so this should make watering a much easire job for sure,i still have one tray to make to fit on the rear raised floor and its all done. :woohoo:

the 2 trays are perfect and have just plumbed one into the other and dump to waste.
Kindest Regards,FT :wave:

Outstanding job on the drain system every thing looks great !!
Hope you are feeling like yourself today man Glad you were not hurt bad in the little miss happ :wave:

J

jonnybgood29

man, your fast! one day you get knocked on your arse, the next your totally refitting your room! do you ever slack for one day?!?lol

G

guest123

hahahaha what a wild day father ,, hope things have calmed down ... your place is much like mine mate , ,never a dull moment ,, kinda keeps us on our toes , ahhhh thank good ness another day is over here and most dramas were averted ,, most i said , lol ...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i love the new trays Father Time, they will make things much easier for you. do you have them at a slight slant so the water run off with the least puddeling possible?

if you have plenty of verticle space you could even build a wooden frame for those trays?

great work.

G

Whoa! What a "shocker" of a day ya had there FT.
Glad to hear everything is back on track. Nice trays ya got there too, mate!
Oh, and if ya wanna put a frame under 'em, like gaiusmarius suggested, I know of just the stuff to do it with!! It's called "Qube Lok". It's 2" aluminium tubing, that joins using plastic connectors. It's a snap to put together, or pull apart. Just lemme know if ya wanna give this stuff a go, and we'll have a chat later, and work out exactly what you need. It's pretty cheap to buy too, from memory, I think the Al. tubing is $5/metre, and the joiners are like $2.50 ea.
Anyway, keep up the great work mate!

F

Father Time

High,
Thanks for dropping by friends,well i have just dropped the desighn off for the frame work for the Trays. :woohoo:

thay wil have a tilt on them one side a little higher than the other and drain form the Left Tray into the Right Tray and out to waste form ther.

i ma feeling a little better anyt the shocking day i had and almost back on full charge again. :joint:
Kind Regards,FT :wave:

J

jonnybgood29

ive got to say, you dont let anything slow you down do you!!!!keep that up any youll have a grow room to rival all my friend.

by the way, the diesel wreck, and the dour diesel seeds are drying, so it wont be long!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i should have known lol, Father Time is ahead of us on the thing with the frame :yes: lol. can't wait to see it installed :wave:

F

Father Time

High,
well a small up-date today.

i am about to start the next small project, :bat:

makeing a mother cabnit in the room that leads to my big room,it will be 2.4m wide X 2.4m high X 1.5m wide.

this will give me room,so i can have say 3 mother plants in there and a bubbler,then once i have roots i can then transplant the cuts to strike pots with coco and move into the fluro vege/sustain chamber that im useing now.

i have a spare 400w hps globe and a light mover on a 2.4m rail, but....

i was thinking about fiting the room wiht fluros,to eliminate the need for another ac unit.(even though i got the one i busted the other day repaired).

so would like to hear thaughts on this idea,personally id like to run the fluros but dont know enough about indoors to know weather thay will sustain 3 mother plants. ( i know the bubbler works fine under fluros as well as the small strike pots.) :woohoo:

anyhow on another note,
i took the Sour savor cuts from the bubbler yesterday,and put them into the Coco strike pots, thay had sensational root systems on them,so big and healthy. :woohoo:

i then re-filled the bubbler with more White Widdow x Bubblegum cuts,so this has give me a full house, hence the idea to expand to a mother cabnit for the bubbler as mothers that i am prepareing to select to live in.

bullseye

dude your new mother room is the size of my hole space if you want to use floros the 200wat envirolites are good for mothers and veging plants.

G

Nice mate!
Your really building a kick-ass set-up!
Like bullseye said, CFLs should work fine for ya mums. Not sure about getting hold of the envirolites down here though, might be a bit tricky.
But I do know ya can get Spectrum 130w CFLs from our mate. I got a few to flower males under, and I'm pretty impressed with em. Personally I'd prolly use that 400w light ya got spare, and add 4-6 CFLs to that for side lighting.

J

jonnybgood29

KEEP THIS UP AND IM GOING TO THINK YOUVE GONE CRAZY!!!!!!! :sasmokin: :sasmokin:

seriously though, im glad to see youve recovered from the shock at least, but not the bug!lmao

G

guest123

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate ,, sorry not being intouch ,, havin trouble finding a decent connection here ,,,,hope all is well down under , i trust it is ... baarmy in thailand ,, heheheheh ,,

F

Father Time

G-Man,
a quick up-date,

well have been a bit tired up with the plants outdoors and this has slowed down the project.

i have however, made the trays and fitted them,was no overly happy wiht the intinal drainage points or tray height. :badday:

so i pulled the whole lot out and re built the trays and changed drainage point,am a lot happier now with it all. :woohoo:

so as soon as i can get a couple hours spare today,i'll grab a few pics and and re-fit the room,i am extreamly happy how thay have turned out this time.hehehehe..

G

Father Time said:
.......i have however, made the trays and fitted them,was no overly happy wiht the intinal drainage points or tray height. :badday:

so i pulled the whole lot out and re built the trays and changed drainage point,am a lot happier now with it all. :woohoo:.........

JEEZ!!!! ya don't do things in halves!, do ya bro?!?! :yoinks:
With the attention to detail that gone into your room, it just HAS to kick ass!!
I can't believe you actually dismantled your frame, and rebuilt it. K+ to ya bro, just for being such a perfectionist! I can't wait to see it full of massive buds!

Oh, and Wally, I hope your having a blast in Thailand mate. :wave: You lucky bastard you.......

F

Father Time

High Friends,

Well the new improved version of the new tray racks are once again fitted in the room,and are sitting fine. :woohoo:

i made them out of 1/2" box section,i was going to powdercoat them white,but just have not go the patience to wait for them. :bat:

As you can see thay fit snugley into the floor section of the extension. :woohoo:

and just a few shots of the plants on the trays,i will fit the drainage plumbing this afternoon and water tonight.